Transgender weightlifter competing as a woman in the Olympics

bullets13

I don’t think anyone on this site will argue the fact that I’m one of the more progressive folks on this forum.  That said, this is absurd.  I don’t care if a grown man wants to become a woman, and I don’t care what they do or do not do to their body to become one.  I don’t care if they get married, or who they marry (as long as it’s a consenting adult and not a child or a platypus or something).  When they get married they should be able to get insurance for their spouse.  But I draw the line at allowing transgender women to compete against biological women.  Allowing a tiny fraction of a percent of the population step on the rights of half the population for the sake of “fairness” is inherently unfair. This dude (lady) was a mediocre male powerlifter before he changed to a she.  Now she’s shattering world records.  Activists claim there’s no unfair advantage.  The numbers show otherwise.  There are several examples out there of mediocre male athletes transitioning to women and then dominating competitions, and often setting new records.  Surely that’s obvious proof that there’s an advantage?  If we want to include transgenders in the Olympics, have a transgender competition.  If not, keep them out.  

2 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

oh I bet the supporters of this crazyness would change their tune realllll quick if it was their own (naturally born) daughter getting a beat down by a transgender athlete in a wrestling match or whatever sport 

Kinda doubt it.  They’d probably wear it as a badge of wokeness.

41 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t think anyone on this site will argue the fact that I’m one of the more progressive folks on this forum.  That said, this is absurd.  I don’t care if a grown man wants to become a woman, and I don’t care what they do or do not do to their body to become one.  I don’t care if they get married, or who they marry (as long as it’s a consenting adult and not a child or a platypus or something).  When they get married they should be able to get insurance for their spouse.  But I draw the line at allowing transgender women to compete against biological women.  Allowing a tiny fraction of a percent of the population step on the rights of half the population for the sake of “fairness” is inherently unfair. This dude (lady) was a mediocre male powerlifter before he changed to a she.  Now she’s shattering world records.  Activists claim there’s no unfair advantage.  The numbers show otherwise.  There are several examples out there of mediocre male athletes transitioning to women and then dominating competitions, and often setting new records.  Surely that’s obvious proof that there’s an advantage?  If we want to include transgenders in the Olympics, have a transgender competition.  If not, keep them out.  

But you’re missing the point B13… It’s not an unfair advantage. She was ALWAYS a woman who just happened to sport a penis and an XY pair of sexual chromosomes. How can you call her a male athlete? She was ALWAYS a woman no matter what biology says. 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is what happens when you give in.....progressive keeps taking and pushing the envelope.

why not a child or platypus?

we ve allowed everything else.

y’all opened the box now you gotta live with it. So why is this absurd and not any of the other screwed up mess you mention?

It’s all absurd

40 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This is what happens when you give in.....progressive keeps taking and pushing the envelope.

why not a child or platypus?

we ve allowed everything else.

y’all opened the box now you gotta live with it. So why is this absurd and not any of the other screwed up mess you mention?

It’s all absurd

Because the other stuff is a personal choice between adults that doesn’t infringe on other people’s rights.  It’s kinda ridiculous that you keep grouping  homosexuals and transsexuals with child rapists.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Because the other stuff is a personal choice between adults that doesn’t infringe on other people’s rights.  It’s kinda ridiculous that you keep grouping  homosexuals and transsexuals with child rapists.  

Hmmmm you sure about that.

stop looking at it thru human eyes

all three are wrong, no other way to look at.

Liberals opened the box.....why complain about it......

From what I remember, the Olympics have used the cheek swab in order check for gender. Those east Europeans had to be checked for sure. What happened to this test for equality? The Olympics has become a joke and political pawn, which it has been for awhile.