Dire predictions by media, politicians about Texas lifting mask mandate haven’t come to fruition

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott lifted the state’s mask mandate earlier this month, causing liberal media and politicians to panic with doom-and-gloom predictions, but coronavirus cases in the Lone Star state continue to fall roughly three weeks later.

That included President Biden, who referred to it as "Neanderthal thinking" when asked about Abbott's decision at the time.

A Washington Post reporter reacted to Abbott’s decision by sharing an article from last September that a "mass casualty event" was happening every day in Texas. Another journalist called Abbott and people who agree with him "wingnuts," and a liberal website declared Abbott, "showed that there is no limit to how far Republicans will go to kill people by lifting Texas’s mask mandate."

Despite the outrage, The Texas Department of State Health Services reported on Thursday that new coronavirus cases have declined since the mask mandate was lifted. The New York Times daily tracker shows Texas daily coronavirus cases are down 28 percent from two weeks ago.

"Good job," Abbott tweeted about the trends.

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott lifted the state’s mask mandate earlier this month, causing liberal media and politicians to panic with doom-and-gloom predictions, but coronavirus cases in the Lone Star state continue to fall roughly three weeks later.

That included President Biden, who referred to it as "Neanderthal thinking" when asked about Abbott's decision at the time.

A Washington Post reporter reacted to Abbott’s decision by sharing an article from last September that a "mass casualty event" was happening every day in Texas. Another journalist called Abbott and people who agree with him "wingnuts," and a liberal website declared Abbott, "showed that there is no limit to how far Republicans will go to kill people by lifting Texas’s mask mandate."

Despite the outrage, The Texas Department of State Health Services reported on Thursday that new coronavirus cases have declined since the mask mandate was lifted. The New York Times daily tracker shows Texas daily coronavirus cases are down 28 percent from two weeks ago.

I haven’t met a liberal yet that didn’t know everything. 

33 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

From the article:

biden worried about Texas lifting the mask mandate but has no problem letting thousands of illegal's into the state that are carrying the virus.  What an idiot!!!

I suspect that the freeze from a month or so did a good job of kinda halting the spread and giving people a chance to recover before infecting more people.  At least down here, anyways.

I think that if people will be diligent about social distancing and stay home if they think they've got it, we'll be fine.  The masks were never doing much to stop the spread, unless your job put you in harms way.  

The NYTs is having an orgasm because Florida cases are up 8% last week.  Maybe with Spring Break they should say, “only 8%”, But the whole article was directed at DeSantis in the hopes of smearing him because Florida has done so well under his guidance.  Just the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party spreading anything derogatory about any Republican, while ignoring the Dem 🐂💩 going on.

Numbers are going down because of the vaccines and most people are still being safe.  Most of the major Texas Universities didn't have a spring break.  That helped.  At first I thought Abbott's call was a little early.  Looking at it now looks to be the right call.  I still were a mask when needed though. 

21 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Numbers are going down because of the vaccines and most people are still being safe.  Most of the major Texas Universities didn't have a spring break.  That helped.  At first I thought Abbott's call was a little early.  Looking at it now looks to be the right call.  I still were a mask when needed though. 

Critical thinking would tell me that the masks have little to do with the numbers going down. I would venture to say that less and less people are wearing the mask now (because of vaccine confidence, mandate exhaustion, etc) than were wearing it before the vaccine; therefore, the masks probably are not the saving grace some thought they were. If it makes you feel good, by all means wear it. It probably doesn’t hurt. 

58 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Here’s some information that many of you might find surprising.  Vaccinated people are more likely to avoid human contact than the unvaccinated.   Sounds crazy, right?  Anyone have a theory why?

My wife hasn’t been vaccinated, but she avoids me like the plague. It must be something I said...

On 3/31/2021 at 5:04 PM, Realville said:

I believe Biden being fraudulently elected has also helped the numbers go down also. 3 - 2 - 1 ..... 

certainly didn't hurt.  media doesn't dwell on them near as much now.  it was pretty amazing to see how differently the media reported the exact same news immediately before and after Biden was sworn in.

I will never be convinced that over that 500,000 people have died due to Covid. The death toll for the year remained about the same. 500,000 deaths would have made it skyrocket. It was a money making scheme and a fraudulent election scheme. Label me anything you can come up with. I have been called everything anyway, so it doesn’t bother me at all. 

This is not directed to you bullets.