West Orange-Stark 61 Bridge City 71/FINAL

WOSgrad

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange-Stark 61 Bridge City 71/FINAL

The Pirates may have ruined the chance for a WOS vs OF play in game by winning at Orangefield tonight. I kinda wanted to see that but I’ll take the W lol those have been few and far between for Vidor this season. So I guess that means West Orange is locked into the 4 spot no matter what happens Friday?

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The Pirates may have ruined the chance for a WOS vs OF play in game by winning at Orangefield tonight. I kinda wanted to see that but I’ll take the W lol those have been few and far between for Vidor this season. So I guess that means West Orange is locked into the 4 spot no matter what happens Friday?

No "may have". It's done. WO-S is the #4 seed with the Vidor win over Orangefield.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No "may have". It's done. WO-S is the #4 seed with the Vidor win over Orangefield.

Congrats to WOS then, nice turnaround season with the new coach coming in. Good luck in the playoffs, guard #10 for HH like your life depends on it and take your chances with the rest. Also a very solid season for BC, good luck to them vs HJ. Shoot the lights out boys and you will have a chance to pull off the upset.

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Congrats to WOS then, nice turnaround season with the new coach coming in. Good luck in the playoffs, guard #10 for HH like your life depends on it and take your chances with the rest. Also a very solid season for BC, good luck to them vs HJ. Shoot the lights out boys and you will have a chance to pull off the upset.

Uh, FYI, Huffman and HJ are tied for 1st. They split in district, both winning at home.

My money is on HJ to get #1 seed.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The seeding in the other district is still far from decided. It could possibly be next week before either club knows who their opponent will be. 

Excited to see my Mustangs get in.  Thought they would have closed it out without help but either way there in.  Great day to be a Mustang and to see the boys get more time to play more games.  I still feel this is a dangerous team for whoever we have to play.  Always a Great Day to be A Mustang!!!

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Uh, FYI, Huffman and HJ are tied for 1st. They split in district, both winning at home.

My money is on HJ to get #1 seed.

7 hours ago, whsalum said:

The seeding in the other district is still far from decided. It could possibly be next week before either club knows who their opponent will be. 

I think HH will get it done but I have been high on them all season. Should be a hell of a seeding game though, unless HF has other plans. Could be one to go watch, depending on the location. Idk if I’d want to play BC or WOS, tough call maybe they flip for it. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

With BC beating WOS twice, I know who I would want to face. 

Yea, you would think but it's all about matchups I guess. I know Vidor matched up way better with BC than they did WOS this year. Just depends on if you like your chances against a smaller team that can shoot well from the outside or a bigger more athletic team that can rebound and attack you down low.

16 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I think HH will get it done but I have been high on them all season. Should be a hell of a seeding game though, unless HF has other plans. Could be one to go watch, depending on the location. Idk if I’d want to play BC or WOS, tough call maybe they flip for it. 

The Hawks shouldn’t look any further than Friday night. HF is getting healthy and is very athletic. In the head  to head matchups this year I like the Hawks. They looked to be the best club in the district. In the early meeting with Huffman they had some kids who had been out with Covid quarantine and just were not in sync yet. HF Could be a nightmare for anyone in the Lumberton district once the playoffs start. 

6 hours ago, whsalum said:

The Hawks shouldn’t look any further than Friday night. HF is getting healthy and is very athletic. In the head  to head matchups this year I like the Hawks. They looked to be the best club in the district. In the early meeting with Huffman they had some kids who had been out with Covid quarantine and just were not in sync yet. HF Could be a nightmare for anyone in the Lumberton district once the playoffs start. 

HJ matches up well with any of them.  They are more well rounded.  I think WOS COULD give HH another first round exit if the Mustangs were to play the Hyenas (or whatever HH is).  A key player or two from Huffman tend to struggle with elite on-ball defenders. I only saw the Mustangs play Silsbee though this year, and I’m not sure if they have any of those. 

45 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

HJ matches up well with any of them.  They are more well rounded.  I think WOS COULD give HH another first round exit if the Mustangs were to play the Hyenas (or whatever HH is).  A key player or two from Huffman tend to struggle with elite on-ball defenders. I only saw the Mustangs play Silsbee though this year, and I’m not sure if they have any of those. 

Falcons i believe.