Badsanta Bold Predictions

BADSANTA

On 1/27/2021 at 9:59 AM, RaiderGirl2010 said:

You realize for Silsbee to win they have to beat Lumberton and have Lumberton lose another. If they are the only ones to beat Lumberton they are co district champs

If Lumberton finishes 2nd in their district, it is possible they would play Yates in the Area Round (2nd game) of the playoffs. Of course Both teams would have to win their Bi-District games. 

7 hours ago, whsalum said:

😳 there’s my shocked face 😂

Just so you don’t get confused, I would also be thrilled if HJ made it to regionals and/or state.  I would think we would all be thrilled with his other two (United and EC).  

Huffman I would be thrilled if they got bounced on their ear in the first round again.  That’s unlikely but a second round exit could be highly possible.  

Carry on...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Just so you don’t get confused, I would also be thrilled if HJ made it to regionals and/or state.  I would think we would all be thrilled with his other two (United and EC).  

Huffman I would be thrilled if they got bounced on their ear in the first round again.  That’s unlikely but a second round exit could be highly possible.  

Carry on...

Once we get to the regional and state tournament I yell for whichever local team is still in it. United has a real shot I think. I haven’t seen EC this year but I’m afraid the local 3A competition just may be down this year. The Bucs do have a really nice guard in Ceaser. 

Just a little breakdown on the teams in our coverage area and ranked teams in their region that could represent at SA:

(going off of the latest TABC rankings, teams in bold are our coverage area teams)

6A Region III

#2 Atascocita

#7 Fort Bend Elkins

#8 Alvin Shadow Creek

#9 Houston Bellaire

#11 Humble Summer Creek

5A Region III

#2 Beaumont United

#3 Fort Bend Hightower

#5 Manvel

#18 Manor

#19 Richmond Foster

4A Region III

#2 Houston Yates

#11 Hardin-Jefferson

#12 Huffman-Hargrave

#14 Austin LBJ

#19 La Vega

#22 Waco Connally

3A Region III

#7 New Waverly

#9 Malakoff

#11 East Chambers

#12 Coldspring-Oakhurst

#15 Lorena

#16 Diboll

#18 Little River Academy

#22 Franklin

2A Region III

#1 Martin's Mill

#4 Grapeland

#5 La Poyner

#9 Tenaha

#10 Gary

#13 Garrison

#19 Douglass

#21 Cushing

2A Region IV (District 25-2A Deweyville, H-D, Evadale, etc is in Region IV)

#8 Port Aransas

#12 Flatonia

#14 Shulenburg

#22 Hearne

#24 Santa Maria

1A Region IV (our 1A district is in region IV)

#3 Calvert

#6 Rocksprings

#8 San Pertita

#9 McMullen County

#14 Dime Box

#18 Kennard

#19 Neches

#25 Chireno

I would say these following coverage area teams have the best shot at making it to state semifinals:

6A

Atascocita

5A

Beaumont United

3A

New Waverly

I don't see any of our 4A, 2A and 1A schools having much of a chance to make it to semifinals. If I had to pick for those classifications it would be Hardin-Jefferson in 4A, Tenaha in 2A and Chireno in 1A.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just a little breakdown on the teams in our coverage area and ranked teams in their region that could represent at SA:

(going off of the latest TABC rankings, teams in bold are our coverage area teams)

6A Region III

#2 Atascocita

#7 Fort Bend Elkins

#8 Alvin Shadow Creek

#9 Houston Bellaire

#11 Humble Summer Creek

5A Region III

#2 Beaumont United

#3 Fort Bend Hightower

#5 Manvel

#18 Manor

#19 Richmond Foster

4A Region III

#2 Houston Yates

#11 Hardin-Jefferson

#12 Huffman-Hargrave

#14 Austin LBJ

#19 La Vega

#22 Waco Connally

3A Region III

#7 New Waverly

#9 Malakoff

#11 East Chambers

#12 Coldspring-Oakhurst

#15 Lorena

#16 Diboll

#18 Little River Academy

#22 Franklin

2A Region III

#1 Martin's Mill

#4 Grapeland

#5 La Poyner

#9 Tenaha

#10 Gary

#13 Garrison

#19 Douglass

#21 Cushing

2A Region IV (District 25-2A Deweyville, H-D, Evadale, etc is in Region IV)

#8 Port Aransas

#12 Flatonia

#14 Shulenburg

#22 Hearne

#24 Santa Maria

1A Region IV (our 1A district is in region IV)

#3 Calvert

#6 Rocksprings

#8 San Pertita

#9 McMullen County

#14 Dime Box

#18 Kennard

#19 Neches

#25 Chireno

I would say these following coverage area teams have the best shot at making it to state semifinals:

6A

Atascocita

5A

Beaumont United

3A

New Waverly

I don't see any of our 4A, 2A and 1A schools having much of a chance to make it to semifinals. If I had to pick for those classifications it would be Hardin-Jefferson in 4A, Tenaha in 2A and Chireno in 1A.

I wouldn't put money on HJ making it that far, but this is definitely the easiest road they've had since 4A somehow became a big city classification.  Silsbee way down, Yates way down, and HJ holding steady or a a little bit up.  There are plenty of solid teams in the region, but for the past several years HJ was so far behind Yates and Silsbee that they literally had no chance of advancing past either one if they met them.  Now HJ is a heavy favorite against Silsbee (this year, at least), and looking at Yates' schedule and results they've run up a great record against a very weak schedule, and had some very close results against some very mediocre teams.  They're beatable.  Obviously they're still a favorite against HJ, but it's not a pipedream to think HJ has a chance if they meet up, which is a big change from the (expected) 50-point drubbing Yates put on them last year.  I'm kind of excited that the region has a little bit of the old small school playoff to it this year knowing that it's not a sure thing that a houston team is advancing out.  

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I wouldn't put money on HJ making it that far, but this is definitely the easiest road they've had since 4A somehow became a big city classification.  Silsbee way down, Yates way down, and HJ holding steady or a a little bit up.  There are plenty of solid teams in the region, but for the past several years HJ was so far behind Yates and Silsbee that they literally had no chance of advancing past either one if they met them.  Now HJ is a heavy favorite against Silsbee (this year, at least), and looking at Yates' schedule and results they've run up a great record against a very weak schedule, and had some very close results against some very mediocre teams.  They're beatable.  Obviously they're still a favorite against HJ, but it's not a pipedream to think HJ has a chance if they meet up, which is a big change from the (expected) 50-point drubbing Yates put on them last year.  I'm kind of excited that the region has a little bit of the old small school playoff to it this year knowing that it's not a sure thing that a houston team is advancing out.  

Please correct me if I am wrong, HJ schedule was a little weak / down this year. Losing to BU and Nederland. 

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

46 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, HJ schedule was a little weak / down this year. Losing to BU and Nederland. 

They are a much better team now than they were earlier in the season.  If any team could beat Yates in that region, it would be HJ.   If I were betting, my money would still be on JY to win the region.   But HJ is my next pick. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

They are a much better team now than they were earlier in the season.  If any team could beat Yates in that region, it would be HJ.   If I were betting, my money would still be on JY to win the region.   But HJ is my next pick. 

The Hawks are playing their best ball of the season right now. The first 3 players off the bench are as good as the the ones they are replacing. They are pretty well rounded as far as the type offensive players they have and usually the scoring is pretty evenly distributed. If they can avoid illness and injuries I could definitely see them in the regional tournament 

12 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The Hawks are playing their best ball of the season right now. The first 3 players off the bench are as good as the the ones they are replacing. They are pretty well rounded as far as the type offensive players they have and usually the scoring is pretty evenly distributed. If they can avoid illness and injuries I could definitely see them in the regional tournament 

Not this year........you might see them in the regional semis or maybe even the regional finals......but no tournament 😭😭😭