Vidor vs Lindale Bi-District

Boneyard Boys

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

It’s only a chance, but Eagle Vision Media, out of Lindale HS May have it on YouTube.   I will be looking for sure.

I was told they only do Home games, like Vidor does, so I doubt it’ll be on YouTube.   Dad gun, dang it, #%¥€$#!

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was told they only do Home games, like Vidor does, so I doubt it’ll be on YouTube.   Dad gun, dang it, #%¥€$#!

Texan Live has all playoff rights to video broadcasts. Schools or other entities that were doing video broadcasts during the regular season will not be allowed to do playoff games without the consent of Texan Live.

I know some schools and entities do not know this and will try to broadcast. Good luck with that.

21 hours ago, piratevillain said:

8-2 (6-0) only losses were to Midlothian Heritage and Gilmer.

We were down 35-14 at the half. Their rb was killing us. But we kept pounding. If I remember correctly we scored 35 in the 3rd quarter and 42 straight before winning something like 56-41. That may not be exactly correct but its close. 

1 hour ago, lostaussie said:

We were down 35-14 at the half. Their rb was killing us. But we kept pounding. If I remember correctly we scored 35 in the 3rd quarter and 42 straight before winning something like 56-41. That may not be exactly correct but its close. 

Wow, y'all must've really wore them down in the second half. I looked up the final score and it was 56-49, that's amazing y'all put up 5 TDs in one half. Do you have any insight on their offensive/defensive front?

2 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Sounds like another game I grudgingly remember Lostaussie. But I ain't talking.lol

36 minutes ago, Pho Rizzle said:

What percentage of the profits are texanlive going to give to the players for taking all the risk and providing the entertainiment ? After all they are the ones doing all the work . Sounds sort of child labor-esque and slave labor-esque since they aren't getting paid while others profit. It's time to organize these boys because they obviously need representation. The UIL is the pimp and texanlive is the John

I guess the schools and towns that these young men play for need to provide a percentage of their profits off the games as well, correct?

1 hour ago, Pho Rizzle said:

That method no longer works like it did 20 years ago. The slot-t's novelty has worn off and with it the element of surprise

You're probably right, but I think being a heavy underdog in this matchup, Vidor needs every advantage they can to have a chance. Plus, since Vidor ditched the pistol and gone back under center, we've had alot more success moving the ball the last 2 games. So, the novelty of surprise isn't totally gone yet, especially if Lindale hasn't faced us yet.

3 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Wow, y'all must've really wore them down in the second half. I looked up the final score and it was 56-49, that's amazing y'all put up 5 TDs in one half. Do you have any insight on their offensive/defensive front?

We are 9-1.........I was the 1. Games have been pretty hard to come by this year. Good luck. I think its gonna be a long night trying to get that rb on the ground.  You got to punish him.......over and over. 

52 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

You're probably right, but I think being a heavy underdog in this matchup, Vidor needs every advantage they can to have a chance. Plus, since Vidor ditched the pistol and gone back under center, we've had alot more success moving the ball the last 2 games. So, the novelty of surprise isn't totally gone yet, especially if Lindale hasn't faced us yet.

As I said earlier, wonder if Lindale has faced a Slot T team this year?   If not, it’ll help Vidor, and heaven knows the Pirates need ever little advantage they can get.

7 hours ago, Pho Rizzle said:

Lindale appears to have more than just a RB and that QB really knows how to exploit  that middle seam in the cover 2 defense. He also has a plan b if that seam is not available.

Lindale 42-14 unless we can chew up enough clock to minimize the damage

Well the 1 & 2 seed in our district only scored 15 & 21 against us. 21 in the shot-t and 15 under center. Jasper scored 30 on us in the shot-t an that last touchdown was late in the 4th quarter after we were beat up with injuries. I don’t believe Lindale gets 42 unless we start turning the ball over. I am going to be optimistic an say Vidor wins in a close one. Pancake your man and block to the sound of the whistle! Go Pirates!🏴‍☠️

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

As I said earlier, wonder if Lindale has faced a Slot T team this year?   If not, it’ll help Vidor, and heaven knows the Pirates need ever little advantage they can get.

That's what I've been wondering myself, but I'll try and look more into it today, I seen they got alot of their games on YouTube from this season.

14 hours ago, lostaussie said:

We are 9-1.........I was the 1. Games have been pretty hard to come by this year. Good luck. I think its gonna be a long night trying to get that rb on the ground.  You got to punish him.......over and over. 

I know how that is, I've only been able to make two games this season. I have a good feeling we can punish him up front, but him getting to the edge and to the outside is what scares me. Our secondary is gonna have to come up and make plays if we want a chance to win and stop their workhorse of a RB. But thanks for the luck, good luck to your Buckeyes as well!

4 hours ago, Realville said:

Well the 1 & 2 seed in our district only scored 15 & 21 against us. 21 in the shot-t and 15 under center. Jasper scored 30 on us in the shot-t an that last touchdown was late in the 4th quarter after we were beat up with injuries. I don’t believe Lindale gets 42 unless we start turning the ball over. I am going to be optimistic an say Vidor wins in a close one. Pancake your man and block to the sound of the whistle! Go Pirates!🏴‍☠️

Unfortunately, we have a weak district. May want to consider that when trying to compare apples and oranges. 

1 hour ago, Pho Rizzle said:

Exactly what I'm scared of and they have more than just a RB from what I've seen. They attack the entire field and those play action passes sure make me fear over commitment to the run by the secondary. We love our cover 2 defense and Lindales QB and  receivers thrive against that same cover 2 , they will call a post route in the seam as soon as they recognize it.  Go to the cover 3 and they hit the quick strike in that soft spot as well. We wouldn't fare well in man coverage so we will have to hope our line can play lights out and stay in the backfield all night. Their QB will also run and he runs harder than we tackle. We sure have a lot more to prepare for than they do, that's what a balanced offensive attack does.

Yes, their QB is a big, strong kid with some pretty good wheels.  That RB hits the hole like a bullet.   They’re going to be a double handful.