Splendora at Vidor

Realville

12 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It took the Vidor coach 21 years.  So, yeah, it's possible!

Check my math.

7 years of coaching - 26 W’s (that can’t be accurate can it?)

multiply these numbers by 3 to get 21 years under his belt.

26 W’s times 3 equals 78. (Make sure you carry the 1)

May take him 28 plus or minus a year.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, Boneyard Boys said:

Boy I hope not... I haven't heard anything but I'll do some checking. I have a pretty good inside source. 😉

We only lost a few kids and I reckon they will be back in time for the playoffs. We're still a big favorite even without them. The loss of those kids won't matter if Hurricane Delta blows in and ruins homecoming for us. I have been waiting for my first homecoming so lets hope it passes. Go Pirates!!!! 

2 hours ago, txhsfbluva said:

We only lost a few kids and I reckon they will be back in time for the playoffs. We're still a big favorite even without them. The loss of those kids won't matter if Hurricane Delta blows in and ruins homecoming for us. I have been waiting for my first homecoming so lets hope it passes. Go Pirates!!!! 

Can we move Homecoming up to Thursday to get this game in before the storm, is that even an option?

49 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Splendora has a good RB and their QB seems difficult to bring down.  They’ll be a handful.   Just hope the Pirates realize, every game counts now.

I agree, from what I have seen I think their offense will be able to move the ball and put up some points but there is a weak point somewhere in that team judging by their past games. The Pirates just have to find that weakness and exploit it but you never know because like you said, every game counts now. Splendora could decide to pull out all the stops and play their best players both ways in district play. Which could shore up whatever weaknesses they have had to this point. Whether it be line help, defense or lack of depth but we shall see. They may have to move this game to Thursday, with all the Homecoming hoopla I just hope the Pirates show up focused and bring the pain. I look for a close game at halftime with Vidor pulling away late. Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️ 

59 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I agree, from what I have seen I think their offense will be able to move the ball and put up some points but there is a weak point somewhere in that team judging by their past games. The Pirates just have to find that weakness and exploit it but you never know because like you said, every game counts now. Splendora could decide to pull out all the stops and play their best players both ways in district play. Which could shore up whatever weaknesses they have had to this point. Whether it be line help, defense or lack of depth but we shall see. They may have to move this game to Thursday, with all the Homecoming hoopla I just hope the Pirates show up focused and bring the pain. I look for a close game at halftime with Vidor pulling away late. Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️ 

They wear red.  Vidor pretends they’re Crosby.   Game over, big win for Pirates.

By the way, if anybody needs tickets for the game tomorrow, head over to Facebook on the talk pages.  Lots of mad Vidorians because they have to use the Splendora vs. Vidor game ticket for the actual game that is scheduled, and can't use their tickets purchased this week thinking it would be homecoming and they are now getting rid of them! It's really rather comical!

35 minutes ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

By the way, if anybody needs tickets for the game tomorrow, head over to Facebook on the talk pages.  Lots of mad Vidorians because they have to use the Splendora vs. Vidor game ticket for the actual game that is scheduled, and can't use their tickets purchased this week thinking it would be homecoming and they are now getting rid of them! It's really rather comical!

I’d like to go see Splendora vs Vidor on Thursday if Lumberton still plays Friday. How do I get tickets?

With the game being moved up to Thursday - anyone happen to know if TexanLive will still cover it for those of us living outside the area? Don't see any updates to their site as of this afternoon. TIA

And as always - It's a Great Day to Be a Pirate! ☠️

1 hour ago, VP10 said:

With the game being moved up to Thursday - anyone happen to know if TexanLive will still cover it for those of us living outside the area? Don't see any updates to their site as of this afternoon. TIA

And as always - It's a Great Day to Be a Pirate! ☠️

I've never done the Texan Live. I guess I can listen live on Google Chrome? I can't sit down and watch it because of the kids, so I have to listen.

Hearing rumblings that the Pirates might have a couple of key players on each side of the ball sit out or play through pain, not the best news coming off a bye. No excuses though it's go time, get the W and start district play off right. The rain should make it interesting, there could be some turnovers tonight. I think the boys in black will pull through with a win no matter what happens. Go Pirates go! 🏴‍☠️

On 10/6/2020 at 5:47 PM, Hagar said:

Splendora has a good RB and their QB seems difficult to bring down.  They’ll be a handful.   Just hope the Pirates realize, every game counts now.

Did the starting Splendora RB go down for the season?  I thought he was injured in the Chapel Hill game.