You won’t see this on the news...

CardinalBacker

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The problem with that is that now you’ll lose your job, go broke trying to defend yourself from charges if you live in a liberal area, and very likely end up in prison. 
You actually owe it to your family to find a different career. 

You’re probably right. But according to Kountzer’s account, I’ll be reloading before that night is over. 

I can't answer for the actions of every black person in the USA.  It is impossible.  There are a lot of unblalanced people with serious mental problems walking around amongst us.  I doubt if they will get any help with their problems.  They will end up dead or locked up.  I am not totally against concealed carry.  If you have a gun and an LTC do what you have to do to protect yourself.  If you are in a department store they should have cameras to back you up.

14 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I can't answer for the actions of every black person in the USA.  It is impossible.  There are a lot of unblalanced people with serious mental problems walking around amongst us.  I doubt if they will get any help with their problems.  They will end up dead or locked up.  I am not totally against concealed carry.  If you have a gun and an LTC do what you have to do to protect yourself.  If you are in a department store they should have cameras to back you up.

Too bad cops can’t get the benefit of the doubt. Like you say, I can’t speak for all of them. 

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

A cross version of why it happened.  Allegedly the guy dropped the N word.   The attack was still stupid IMO.  Some rapper, said he heard it as well.  He was the one who filmed the video.

Doesn’t matter what he said, you can’t act like an animal just because someone says something you’re don’t like.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

A cross version of why it happened.  Allegedly the guy dropped the N word.   The attack was still stupid IMO.  Some rapper, said he heard it as well.  He was the one who filmed the video.

No offense, but that's the excuse every time one of these attacks happen.  Which makes the whole thing even more stupid because black people don't have a problem with the word being used.... unless the speaker is white.  If you have a problem with a white person saying it, but sing along when Kanye does..... shut up, you're the racist. 

I don't care what somebody says to you... dummy, stupid, fatty, n-word.... No reason to use violence.   Isn't it crazy how these same people would stand in the street and yell "f-k 12!  F- the police!" but they can't control their anger if somebody dares to say a word that is celebrated by the black community?  I laughed my butt off when the NFL started penalizing ANYBODY that dropped it on the field... white or black.  So much confusion by the black players. 

I agree. You can't let a word provoke you into prison time, or getting shot.  

I remember once I was with one of my uncles.  We were on the peninsular side of the .Galveston ferry.  We were going to or coming from Beaumont/Silsbee.   Anyway, my uncle went into this bait house store and I stayed outside in his car.   I was about 20 at the time.   This drunk cajun looking dude was in the back of a pickup parked not far from us. He  just started cursing me out and calling me the N word as often as he could get it out.  We were the only blacks there.  There were lots of people around but they all kept quiet.  They looked embarrassed.

My uncle came out of the store and he got an earful of what was being said.  I asked my uncle where was his piece.  He said no, he didn't have one.  I knew he was lying, but I let it go.  I wasn't gonna do anything with it anyway.  We just drove off.

Looking back, when I think about that uncle I think about that incident and how wise he was.  He is gone on now, but he taught me something that day.

This is the hidden content, please

I suspected this was another jussie smollett. I'm not a racing fan. But to leave a noose tied up there since 2019 shows Nascar has a problem. Even if it has been exaggerated by MSM, the people waving antiquated flags have shown their true colors. Why keep throwing gas on an open flame?

31 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

I suspected this was another jussie smollett. I'm not a racing fan. But to leave a noose tied up there since 2019 shows Nascar has a problem. Even if it has been exaggerated by MSM, the people waving antiquated flags have shown their true colors. Why keep throwing gas on an open flame?

I don’t know if the noose had anything to do with racial undertones at all. It doesn’t say it does unless I missed something. 

From the article 

The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall.

noose noun

: a large loop at the end of a rope that gets smaller when you pull the rope and that is used to hang people, to capture animals, etc.

By definition it had no place in a garage. I installed hundreds of roll up doors around setx. Never once did the customer request the pull rope be tied as a noose.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article 

The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall.

noose noun

: a large loop at the end of a rope that gets smaller when you pull the rope and that is used to hang people, to capture animals, etc.

By definition it had no place in a garage. I installed hundreds of roll up doors around setx. Never once did the customer request the pull rope be tied as a noose.

Meh.... it says fashioned like a noose. I have a goofy knot on my attic ladder that’s fashioned to shorten the pull rope so it’s not hanging down in my face. I suspect somebody coiled and looped the pull rope. 
I sincerely doubt that anybody knows how to fashion the 13 coils that even the Boy Scouts won’t teach. 

I was torn between racist tire changer or sympathetic hoaxer. Glad it was neither. 

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the article 

noose noun

I’m not being argumentative. I’m simply trying to understand the context. If someone fashions a hangman’s noose for anything other than their own suicide, is that a racial instance? I’m not so sure that it is. 

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not being argumentative. I’m simply trying to understand the context. If someone fashions a hangman’s noose for anything other than their own suicide, is that a racial instance? I’m not so sure that it is. 

Right. 

It’s just people looking for things to be offended by. We took senior pics for the kids in Weiss Park under the Oaks a few years ago. 
I was less bothered by the statue than I was by the homeless hanging around openly smoking dope and the discarded needles on the ground. 
First things first, though, I guess.... gotta get that old statue out of there. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I understand your idea. But no, it's wrong. In a personal garage, I wouldn't doubt that some people have a noose. Or even have racists slurs inside a bathroom stall. But in a workplace it is not acceptable. For example, at my job, we use a rope to tie up bags to allow water to drain prior to shipping. At one point someone made a complaint to HR that there was a noose hanging. It didn't have 13 coils or whatever that's suppose to mean. But we were told to use a regular knot. Now I'm no boy scout or so my knots aren't always correct. But I would never refer to it as a nword knot. I know some have heard that before.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I understand your idea. But no, it's wrong. In a personal garage, I wouldn't doubt that some people have a noose. Or even have racists slurs inside a bathroom stall. But in a workplace it is not acceptable. For example, at my job, we use a rope to tie up bags to allow water to drain prior to shipping. At one point someone made a complaint to HR that there was a noose hanging. It didn't have 13 coils or whatever that's suppose to mean. But we were told to use a regular knot. Now I'm no boy scout or so my knots aren't always correct. But I would never refer to it as a nword knot. I know some have heard that before.

I think that’s just crazy. A noose has no more meaning to me than a hangman’s noose. That’s how thousands of people of all nationalities were brought to justice in addition to being placed in a firing squad, being beheaded or sent to the guillotine. Stop making something out of nothing.