Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

24 minutes ago, mat said:

Longest shut down in american history was an absolute joke and a total waste. It accomplish absolutely nothing but cost so much. It also proved Pelosi has bigger ballz that Trump does.

Not exactly showed that the dems could careless about fixing the illegal immigrant issue with a more concrete solution.  They just wanna waste money on bandaids. Now I don’t like the fact that others have suffer for this.  That’s why when things like this happen the actual congressman senators president should go without pay not those out there actually working for the money.    Dang paper pushers

55 minutes ago, mat said:

Longest shut down in american history was an absolute joke and a total waste. It accomplish absolutely nothing but cost so much. It also proved Pelosi has bigger ballz that Trump does.

I think it showed Trump cares more about getting folks a paycheck than winning this ridiculous standoff, and that’s saying something because he hates to lose.

Pelosi couldn’t care less about those folks out of a job...she could have done this forever.

She’s a loon and Trump knows it...to me this is more of a spotlight on her behavior and the Dems that want her in charge.

57 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Not exactly showed that the dems could careless about fixing the illegal immigrant issue with a more concrete solution.  They just wanna waste money on bandaids. Now I don’t like the fact that others have suffer for this.  That’s why when things like this happen the actual congressman senators president should go without pay not those out there actually working for the money.    Dang paper pushers

Isnt it the left who "cares" so much for the average Joe?  Yet it was Trump who had to rescue average Joe.

26 minutes ago, mat said:

Trump did not reopen the government that he closed because of compassion for workers. The dems called his bluff and he didn't have a backup plan.

Trump does have a "backup" plan. The Dems said they would not negotiate unless the government was open. So he is calling their bluff and daring them to negotiate by opening the government. No more excuses, no more running from the job they are being paid to do. If they don't (as expected), he will declare a national emergency and build the wall. Let's see what happens in three weeks. Do you think Pelosi and her balls will cry? Will you? I'm almost willing to bet that after two or two and half weeks, the dems will start crying that they don't have enough time to get an agreement, demanding that they be given an extension.

It really says a lot when you claim Trump closed the government all by himself. He said he would take the blame...because when talking to children...you do stuff like that to further the conversation. All Pelosi and Schumer care about is who will be blamed. They couldn't care less about how many Americans are hurt...as long as they don't get blamed. Power at all cost. And you fell for their childish antics hook, line, and sinker.

10 hours ago, UT alum said:

Joe freakin’ McCarthy. I rest my case.

McCarthy was 60 years ago, & his actions were condemned by the majority of republicans.  Don't think I heard any condemnation by democrats over the Kavanaugh hearing.  Actually I'm disappointed that you would try to defend the Dem actions during that hearing.  You seem intelligent, and mostly reasonable.  You defending the Dems on the hearing would be like me trying to defend Trump when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall - indefensible.  

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

McCarthy was 60 years ago, & his actions were condemned by the majority of republicans.  Don't think I heard any condemnation by democrats over the Kavanaugh hearing.  Actually I'm disappointed that you would try to defend the Dem actions during that hearing.  You seem intelligent, and mostly reasonable.  You defending the Dems on the hearing would be like me trying to defend Trump when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall - indefensible.  

So, only one side gets to take the gloves off?

9 hours ago, Englebert said:

Trump does have a "backup" plan. The Dems said they would not negotiate unless the government was open. So he is calling their bluff and daring them to negotiate by opening the government. No more excuses, no more running from the job they are being paid to do. If they don't (as expected), he will declare a national emergency and build the wall. Let's see what happens in three weeks. Do you think Pelosi and her balls will cry? Will you? I'm almost willing to bet that after two or two and half weeks, the dems will start crying that they don't have enough time to get an agreement, demanding that they be given an extension.

It really says a lot when you claim Trump closed the government all by himself. He said he would take the blame...because when talking to children...you do stuff like that to further the conversation. All Pelosi and Schumer care about is who will be blamed. They couldn't care less about how many Americans are hurt...as long as they don't get blamed. Power at all cost. And you fell for their childish antics hook, line, and sinker.

First let me say that I think dem and GOP politics are damaging and shameful to this country. Trump and the dems both drew a line in the sand and Trump crossed it. Pelosi and the dems made it clear, even on the day of reopening that there would be no funding for the wall so we all know the results of future negotiations. So Trumps plan A was to shut down the government for weeks to see if they would give in, playing with our country's well being and employees lives? Plan B is to claim a national crisis? once again, the shut down was useless.

26 minutes ago, mat said:

Furthermore, I was not in favor of the shutdown but if the end justified the means then so be it. However, he made his bold stand to only give in when the bluff did not work. What do you suppose that tells Putin, Little Kim or the middle east?

I think it tells them he cares about American workers.  I have no doubt he’ll get money for the wall.

17 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I think it tells them he cares about American workers.  I have no doubt he’ll get money for the wall.

LumRaider Fan, I personally know a Officer who contemplated taken his life. Officers were sleeping in their vehicles because they didn't have money to drive back and forth from home and work. The (some) news outlets will not share the stories of those who have suffered medical conditions because they could not afford medication or suicide attempts. If this is caring,  I'll pass on a second portion.

Trump has shown the ability to negotiate. Something he is not accustomed to doing. Pelosi does not care about the people. She is trying to legitimize her position ecause no one believes in her.

Trump has said he will pull the U.S. out of NATO if everyone does not pony up. Now, the dems side with military posturing after being so anti military. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars protecting foreign country's borders but can't come up with $5.7 billion to protect our own. I don't get it.

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

No doubt they would if they had substantiated proof.  I’d be embarrassed if they brought someone like Christine Ford to a hearing.  

Of course, if Trump nominates Amy Barrett, the Dems will go after Catholics.  Since most (all?) on the Far Left are anti-Christianity, it could be revealing.  

Where do you get that most of “far left” is anti-Christianity?

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

Trump has shown the ability to negotiate. Something he is not accustomed to doing. Pelosi does not care about the people. She is trying to legitimize her position ecause no one believes in her.

Trump has said he will pull the U.S. out of NATO if everyone does not pony up. Now, the dems side with military posturing after being so anti military. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars protecting foreign country's borders but can't come up with $5.7 billion to protect our own. I don't get it.

Trump has done some great things for this Country. Love him or hate him no one can deny. He has made mistakes and he lies. He doesn't wear the blame alone. My opinion is that he has received bad advice from others in his corner who have their own interior motive and not Trumps best interest. Shawn Hannity, John Lemon and the rest of the  News anchors that want to Monday morning quarterback need to step away from the mike. Stop listening to radio activist and listen to the advisers he has appointed to the position. Trump does have the ability to negotiate. The prison reform bill was, and is a great accomplishment. 

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

My Senator Lindsey Graham, is one of the reasons for the shutdown. He throws a rock then turns and run. The honorable John McCain passed away and Senator Graham lost his identity. Go back and look at his past comments. 

Most think when McCain died, Graham got his balls back.  Not sure what McCain had on him, but he’s definitely been better since McCain left.