Build Wall or Shut Down the Border

Hagar

2 hours ago, Law Man said:

LumRaider Fan, I personally know a Officer who contemplated taken his life. Officers were sleeping in their vehicles because they didn't have money to drive back and forth from home and work. The (some) news outlets will not share the stories of those who have suffered medical conditions because they could not afford medication or suicide attempts. If this is caring,  I'll pass on a second portion.

Many credit unions were offering zero or low interest loans to government workers affected by the shutdown.  I would think they would walk into the bank and apply for a loan before taking their life or sleeping in their car, but that’s just me.  

2 hours ago, Law Man said:

LumRaider Fan, I personally know a Officer who contemplated taken his life. Officers were sleeping in their vehicles because they didn't have money to drive back and forth from home and work. The (some) news outlets will not share the stories of those who have suffered medical conditions because they could not afford medication or suicide attempts. If this is caring,  I'll pass on a second portion.

All this over one missed paycheck...really?

Good thing we aren’t waiting on the Dems to end the shutdown, it would still be on.

15 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

All this over one missed paycheck...really?

Good thing we aren’t waiting on the Dems to end the shutdown, it would still be on.

You find it hard to believe? We have had people commit suicide for being bullied. Are you serious?

10 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You find it hard to believe? We have had people commit suicide for being bullied. Are you serious?

10 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Everyone has a breaking point. Loss of family, divorce, bills, etc. My tolerance may be different than yours. It’s not that simple.

46 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Many credit unions were offering zero or low interest loans to government workers affected by the shutdown.  I would think they would walk into the bank and apply for a loan before taking their life or sleeping in their car, but that’s just me.  

You had to be a credit union member. It’s easier said than done. 

8 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You had to be a credit union member. It’s easier said than done. 

And pay pal offered $500 cash advance to any government worker   I think the figure to which they committed was $25 million

This is the hidden content, please

I would like to STRESS THE FACT, that this was done without the government.

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Let me ask you another way-  If you were President, is there something you could do that would eliminate suicides, poverty, etc.?  What country in this world has done so?

If I were President, I would address what divides us which is racism. I would also address mental health. Canada And Peru have better health care then the U.S.

21 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And pay pal offered $500 cash advance to any government worker   I think the figure to which they committed was $25 million

I would like to STRESS THE FACT, that this was done without the government.

Make no mistake, pantry’s, churches and strangers donated. We are all great full. I will pay it forward.

4 hours ago, mat said:

First let me say that I think dem and GOP politics are damaging and shameful to this country. Trump and the dems both drew a line in the sand and Trump crossed it. Pelosi and the dems made it clear, even on the day of reopening that there would be no funding for the wall so we all know the results of future negotiations. So Trumps plan A was to shut down the government for weeks to see if they would give in, playing with our country's well being and employees lives? Plan B is to claim a national crisis? once again, the shut down was useless.

Trump exposed Pelosi and the Dems for who they truly are. If Trump would have just proclaimed a national emergency, Pelosi, Schumer and the complicit Liberal media would be screaming from the rafters that Trump made an unnecessary and unconstitutional end-run around Congress. Now that he has shown the Dems refuse to negotiate, he is justified in going around them. Naturally the Dems and media will still be screaming, but those screams will now sound very, very hollow...and childish. So no, the shut down was not useless. It exposed the childishness of the Dems and took away their excuses for not doing their job.

Unfortunately, it seems that both parties do not want to touch the illegal immigration issue. Luckily Trump is not one of those. He actually does want to get something done. Step one, build that big, bad, scary, immoral, monstrosity, eye-sore wall. Make it bigger and stronger than the one Obama built around his house.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Most think when McCain died, Graham got his balls back.  Not sure what McCain had on him, but he’s definitely been better since McCain left.

McCain said if the President caves it will be the end of his Presidency. Then McCain votes to open government. He played both sides.

35 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Guns in the wrong hand have negative effect.

Would you care to give your analysis on how we keep guns out of the "wrong" hands? Please list your qualifications, or disqualifiers for owning a gun. If we implement your pending suggestions, would guns be allowed to be in the right hands and disallowed to be in the wrong hands?

52 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Mental health is a serious problem. We don’t take it serious.

Have you read about the history of how we treat mental illness in America? I'm not disagreeing with your statement, I'm just curious if you know about our history. Where is the line for too much regulation? Where is the line for too little regulation? It is not a simple issue. And fyi, we do not have a way of determining who will become violent and who will not. 

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Trump exposed Pelosi and the Dems for who they truly are. If Trump would have just proclaimed a national emergency, Pelosi, Schumer and the complicit Liberal media would be screaming from the rafters that Trump made an unnecessary and unconstitutional end-run around Congress. Now that he has shown the Dems refuse to negotiate, he is justified in going around them. Naturally the Dems and media will still be screaming, but those screams will now sound very, very hollow...and childish. So no, the shut down was not useless. It exposed the childishness of the Dems and took away their excuses for not doing their job.

Unfortunately, it seems that both parties do not want to touch the illegal immigration issue. Luckily Trump is not one of those. He actually does want to get something done. Step one, build that big, bad, scary, immoral, monstrosity, eye-sore wall. Make it bigger and stronger than the one Obama built around his house.

So you are saying Trump had the government shutdown playing the political game (which many claim he doesn't) with the dems? He could have accomplished the same thing by shutting down the border and our government workers would have been spared. Not very savvy in my opinion.