West Orange-Stark 21 Bridge City 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Give the play calling a rest.This offense is still trying to find itself.You call the plays that fit your personal.With a non-existent passing game you are limited on the play calling.The qb is the anchor of a good team and we are still trying to find that person.Coach T has said as much when he states that we are still trying to find the leaders of this team and that is why he is bringing up people from the JV.He is very frustrated to say the lease that we can't put together 4 quarters on the field.We are a work in progress bottom line. 

Perfect post...we can all point out all kinds of stuff but the bottom line is WOS is not a very good team right now,it will change when the leaders show up.

The best new thing that the Mustangs are doing well is Special team play. The young kicker is doing a fantastic job of putting the defense in a good field position to make plays. He is making his field goals, and extra points, way to go young fellow. The defense is solid however, the O-line is still trying to figure things out. Wiley the receiver is awesome, and Robinson played well. I think they (Wiley and Robinson) will continue to catch deep balls with the help of good QB execution, again O-line needs to do their part. Go Mustangs

I think it’s time for the WOS faithful to admit that they just don’t have anywhere near the same type of squad they’ve had in years past. 

Vidor’s performance against Crosby last night makes WOS job against Crosby look a little less impressive. Silsbee thrashed us last week.... WOS-not so much last night. 

Still gonna make the playoffs, 50-50 IMO for another DC. Won’t be playing in December in my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it’s time for the WOS faithful to admit that they just don’t have anywhere near the same type of squad they’ve had in years past. 

Vidor’s performance against Crosby last night makes WOS job against Crosby look a little less impressive. Silsbee thrashed us last week.... WOS-not so much last night. 

Still gonna make the playoffs, 50-50 IMO for another DC. Won’t be playing in December in my opinion.  

Good points and no doubt WOS is far from being great,still a chance to get it together and make a run...that’s what’s good about sports especially h.s..Also the fact about comparing teams is usually not gonna work out,it’s all about matchups.buttttt on the other side of you are right we not matching up good to very many!

23 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, birdman some of us WOS faithful will always support our team no matter how many games they will win or lose. I’m gonna support this team because every year I will have a family member on the team ,or people that I know who have children playing enough said. Jokie Joke here “we still have enough fire power to beat you guys every year for how long now. 1,2,3,4,5,6….years oh let me ask someone for help with the years we have beat the Cardinals.”

People finally realizing what truth speakers have been saying...this is a young team still trying to grow. I know everyone was thumping their chest about taking out WOS but now we see they are taking down a team that is just inexperienced at this level. Shut out by BC the whole second half?? Are you kidding?  A bad BC team at that. They got throttled by Silsbee and Jasper. That Vidor scrimmage shows some truth now when you shed some light on it. And for the record, speaking truth does not mean you don't support the team.

26 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Well, birdman some of us WOS faithful will always support our team no matter how many games they will win or lose. I’m gonna support this team because every year I will have a family member on the team ,or people that I know who have children playing enough said. Jokie Joke here “we still have enough fire power to beat you guys every year for how long now. 1,2,3,4,5,6….years oh let me ask someone for help with the years we have beat the Cardinals.”

26or27 to 0 all time 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I said last week that Bridge City defense has small slow kids that can't tackle at all.  How did Bridge City manage to shut WO-S out for 2 quarters?  This should be a major concern.  Because if the WO-S offense is playing like this, they'll take a couple of district losses including the next game to Jasper....

Name 2 teams in our district that will score enough to beat them.....

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Key word, IF.  If the offense plays like that.  A way that allowed BC to shut them out for 2 quarters...  They'll lose to Silsbee and Liberty.  And it won't look good going into district with a loss to Jasper...

I wouldn’t bet against WOS when facing Silsbee or Liberty. Those are both winnable games. On the other hand, I don’t expect the typical 4 TD win vs either squad.  In years past, I DID expect 4 TD victories. 

I think Silsbee gets up for this one. There’s blood in the water. Liberty.... I’m not so sure about. I still see WOS finishing no worse than second in District, and a decent chance of actually winning it. It’s just not going to be like the annual donkey stomp that the Stangs are used to.  

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Key word, IF.  If the offense plays like that.  A way that allowed BC to shut them out for 2 quarters...  They'll lose to Silsbee and Liberty.  And it won't look good going into district with a loss to Jasper...

Liberty will not beat WOS. You wont beat them with 11 guys tight running the ball.  I saw them last week against Diboll, until it was called.   The only time they threw the ball was when they put one guy out wide and threw it to him.  Can not see a team like that beating them.  

As far as us beating them, we have the talent to do it.  I was having this discussion earlier today.  All i have to go by on WOS is just the scores and what i have read on here.  Not sure you can count on either.  The nederland game was pretty similar in score,  score in the same 20 pt range for all teams yet we were at 14 and and got beat by a td not a xp like wos.  The other two we scored more points in each than wos but they gave up considerably less than we did.  

My question to you was to name two teams who could score more than wos,  thats my concern.  If we were playing the same defense, i think we would outscore them but we have to face their defense.  And as many weapons as we have, thats where my concern is.  Our offense still really has no identity, much like what i am reading is the case at WOS.  I liked what i saw last night with the throws from Foster but still cant stand the 2 qb system.  No one really gets to get into the game and make it their own.  And as for that,  the same can be said for our running game.  Too many backs, great for depth but noone is anle to take charge and be THE guy.  We arent going to be able to count on making those same pass plays against an athletic team like WOS.  And they will definitely make it hard to run.  And unfortunately they will be at home.  

At this point i expext a fairly low scoring game.  We will just have to wait and see if we can outscore them.

I think you should always support your team. But reality is reality.  Call it like it is not like you want it to be.  I'm not necessarily talking about WOS. You can't have the best team every year.  But as far as WOS is concerned I think very few teams can boast the winning consistency they have proven over the past. Haters gonna hate. The faithful will be faithful.  And the haters love to kick you when you're down. WOS will be fine. And you know what opinions are. And this is mine.

16 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

I think you should always support your team. But reality is reality.  Call it like it is not like you want it to be.  I'm not necessarily talking about WOS. You can't have the best team every year.  But as far as WOS is concerned I think very few teams can boast the winning consistency they have proven over the past. Haters gonna hate. The faithful will be faithful.  And the haters love to kick you when you're down. WOS will be fine. And you know what opinions are. And this is mine.

Just because someone picks your team to lose don't mean their hating on them...

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee's passing game has to get more diverse. Fly routes and fade routes will not beat WO-S.

That’s the point I was trying to make after Friday night. Those beat us (Lumberton), but it won’t work against better secondaries. And wos will stop the running game even better than we did.

My opinion, #29 needs to be running the ball more. Every time he is in he runs hard and hits the hole full speed and will pick up at least 5 yards a play, sometimes 8 or 9 easily just by running hard down hill.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:21 PM, CardinalBacker said:

When the other team only has 39 yards of total offense and 0 points u dont need 50 to win