Silsbee/Lincoln Predictions

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Let's agree to disagree.

There always seems to be a team (recently) that this style just doesn't work against.  I personally thing that the SeTx staple of (run em into the ground) is a thing of the past when it comes to winning it all.  It's been a decade or so since all you had to do was scare a team into turning it over and win a state championship.  I'm not saying Silsbee isn't good enough to win it all...or that they won't.  I'm just saying that there will come a time in the season where they'll have to play basketball and not press a team into oblivion. 

we're not disagreeing.  I said AS LONG AS they can turn their games into pressing and layup drills, they won't miss him much.  Meaning that if they end up in a half court game, his absent will be felt more.  I still don't think it will be enough to derail them, but it will be more noticeable.  they have 10-12 incredible athletes that can run the press, out-jump and outrun opponents, and make contested and uncontested layups, etc. If the game is slowed down, not having his skill in the half-court game and his defense/rebounding when their opponent gets to set their offense will make a bigger impact.  so basically, we agree ;)

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

we're not disagreeing.  I said AS LONG AS they can turn their games into pressing and layup drills, they won't miss him much.  Meaning that if they end up in a half court game, his absent will be felt more.  I still don't think it will be enough to derail them, but it will be more noticeable.  they have 10-12 incredible athletes that can run the press, out-jump and outrun opponents, and make contested and uncontested layups, etc. If the game is slowed down, not having his skill in the half-court game and his defense/rebounding when their opponent gets to set their offense will make a bigger impact.  so basically, we agree ;)

Gotcha.  10-4