Ozen basketball coach placed on administrative leave

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Hey you know what's good about working in Beaumont schools?.. Yeah I couldn't think of anything either.

Well, at Ozen I can testify there are some very good teachers there and some good academic programs as well. Schools like Ozen accept ALL STUDENTS who knock on their doors. 

9 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Well, at Ozen I can testify there are some very good teachers there and some good academic programs as well. Schools like Ozen accept ALL STUDENTS who knock on their doors. 

Believe me or not Dove, I have no problem with BISD. I have no doubt they have quality teachers and staff. I jumped to the conclusion he was guilty under the premise he was on leave Without Pay. That typically would mean they have a suspect red handed. However, that premise was incorrect. I hope nothing comes of this and the coach is back on the court soon. 

Just for clarity purposes, the investigation is about funds from a JV tourney that was held at Ozen, not the Fred Williams Classic.

It's my understanding Coach Saveat will be cleared of any wrong doing.

The investigation was ignited by some parents "involved" with Ozen HS, if you get my drift.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just for clarity purposes, the investigation is about funds from a JV tourney that was held at Ozen, not the Fred Williams Classic.

The investigation was ignited by some parents "involved" with Ozen HS, if you get my drift.

Which is why I said ppl can't jump to conclusions Coach Saveat character should never be questioned imo, but I understand the process when accusations are made. Parents have to be patient and trust the process and understand it's a marathon not a sprint. 

To put it plain and simple, to attack a man's integrity and try to damage his career for the sheer fact you disagree with the way he disciplines his players and runs his team is childish, retaliatory, and sums up why his players need the discipline in the first place. To coach in todays world means you really love the profession and the kids! Cuz it dang sure ain't the money!

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The timing here is very suspicious. Ozen comes off a loss to Central and an Ozen parent comes forward with something that allegedly happened in November? I can add 1+1.... Can you?

20 minutes ago, winwin said:

The timing here is very suspicious. Ozen comes off a loss to Central and an Ozen parent comes forward with something that allegedly happened in November? I can add 1+1.... Can you?

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm saying looks like coach is the target of some sort of retaliation or disgruntled parent

...and if so, that is truly pathetic on that parent's part...this man is having to endure having his character and integrity called into question...I will admit that I do not know the circumstances whatsoever, but I will give the Coach the benefit of the doubt until the investigation is complete...if it comes to pass as is speculated here, then again, shame on those bringing the accusations!

Justice too long delayed is justice denied...Justice should be swift and sure...Allegedly this untimely accusation is not a complex case brought about by some disgruntled parent/fan.

With 5 games remaining on the district schedule it's a tremendous disadvantage/obstacle to overcome...However assistant Mike Thomas has the team playing with a sense of urgency and confidence...Hopefully week 2 of this investigation brings about a ruling...This is not a supreme court case...jmo...

On 2/1/2017 at 6:29 AM, JustUs said:

Day 10 and the jury is still out...Houston we have a problem...jmo

It's an investigation how long do you think they last. I'm sure they don't get cleared in 3-5 business days as we all would like. It's BISD they will take their sweet time and drag it out . The man is innocent everyone knows it yet and still ppl still question it that's the mind boggling part. There is no evidence of wrongdoing because nothing happened but you may be right they might say he didn't follow a certain protocol who knows. I just wish it was over so this man can get back to what he loves coaching kids. You won't find to many genuine coaches who actually love the kids jmo....