WOS - Sweetwater

XX Man

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Tickets will be for sale at the WO-S Athletic Office on Tuesday from 9am-12pm and on Wednesday from 9am-12pm, according to a post on Facebook.  According to this post tickets at the office will be $14 for adults and $10 for students.

Again, I saw this on a facebook post that was not from WOCCISD or its athletic secretary so I can't verify that this information is accurate.  Just merely passing along potential info.

That would be great for everyone but if I am not mistaken that would be different from the past. Sure makes it a little easier though.

22 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Great post Tony, and congratulations.  Nothing was given to them, they have earned everything.

Thanks Coach. They have absolutely earned everything. From the time we were 5, we would walk on the football field and we could hear the other coaches and fans talking about how small we were and we were small. But we knew something that those people didn't know. They all knew when the game was over. I've seen a lot of teams play baseball and football. I've never seen a team play to not disappoint the next to him more than he played for himself like this team does. 

A little something from Navarro coach...

Navarro head coach Les Goad said he has “never seen a faster, more fundamentally sound team” than the Mustangs.

“In 32 years of coaching, I’ve never coached against this much athleticism at any level,” he said. “We couldn’t establish our power plays because they wouldn’t let us lock up on blocks. And it seemed like every time the ball was tipped up, they found a way to catch it and take off.”

9 hours ago, td said:

Thanks Coach. They have absolutely earned everything. From the time we were 5, we would walk on the football field and we could hear the other coaches and fans talking about how small we were and we were small. But we knew something that those people didn't know. They all knew when the game was over. I've seen a lot of teams play baseball and football. I've never seen a team play to not disappoint the next to him more than he played for himself like this team does. 

Is this posted by td or JD3?

I don't think anyone matches up with wos.  You still have to go out and play the game, but if you continue to do your thing then a title is coming.  I was very impressed with the speed and even more impressed that they would hit you.  Don't think I have seen a team in a long time that will hit like this year's wos team.  Enjoy the ride and congrats to all from wos.  One more game.  

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM, losteraussie said:

I think both teams will be comparable in size. From what I've heard y'all aren't that big. Their defense i will say was well coached. It was obvious they knew what was happening when they saw it. After the first quarter they knew we would pass. They  dropped 8 guys into coverage and for some reason (panic I guess) we completely abandoned the run. After we got behind they laid some freaking licks on our receivers across the middle. There one on one tackling is pretty good. They don't try to stand you up. They take you down from the bottom and last night at least, were very efficient at it.

Losteraussie I think u watched them closely. But if anyone on this page think w.o. will just manhandle Sweetwater really don't know football then. They have a really gud team.#15 .is as shifty as they come.and our kids must always be aware where that qb is. He will run. They truly are a team that plays as a tram. They have 19 ints speak volumes. I just hope we don't take advantage of 3 man rush that they do.we must run the ball.pursuit is wat we do.will b critical. As long as our kids stay focused and communicate with each other.bc Sweetwater loves the wr screen. I truly believe we will win. But not like ppl on here who only seeing it one way.take my word they are a darn gud team. Gilmer didn't lose to no cupcake!!

9 minutes ago, dj said:

Losteraussie I think u watched them closely. But if anyone on this page think w.o. will just manhandle Sweetwater really don't know football then. They have a really gud team.#15 .is as shifty as they come.and our kids must always be aware where that qb is. He will run. They truly are a team that plays as a tram. They have 19 ints speak volumes. I just hope we don't take advantage of 3 man rush that they do.we must run the ball.pursuit is wat we do.will b critical. As long as our kids stay focused and communicate with each other.bc Sweetwater loves the wr screen. I truly believe we will win. But not like ppl on here who only seeing it one way.take my word they are a darn gud team. Gilmer didn't lose to no cupcake!!

Gilmer was not a cupcake, but their secondary was flaky. Sweetwater's #6 QB and #15 are both the most dangerous offensive players they have.

1 hour ago, 3rdone said:

A little something from Navarro coach...

Navarro head coach Les Goad said he has “never seen a faster, more fundamentally sound team” than the Mustangs.

“In 32 years of coaching, I’ve never coached against this much athleticism at any level,” he said. “We couldn’t establish our power plays because they wouldn’t let us lock up on blocks. And it seemed like every time the ball was tipped up, they found a way to catch it and take off.”

THIS is the reason WO-S can play a smaller defensive front line. Some people think this is like the NCAA or NFL where you have to have a defensive front that is just as big or comparable in size to compete with a big offensive line. Not true in the way WO-S plays. Navarro had two huge 300+ pounders at tackle, big guards and a center with good size, too. WO-S whipped those boys at the line of scrimmage. It was the same way against Celina last year. This is all accomplished because the players are taught good technique in the use of their hands and feet, as well as an uncompromising demand on all 11 players to pursue the ball carrier. In a nutshell, that is the secret to WO-S's defensive success spanning all of the years Cornel Thompson has been here. 

10 minutes ago, griff said:

THIS is the reason WO-S can play a smaller defensive front line. Some people think this is like the NCAA or NFL where you have to have a defensive front that is just as big or comparable in size to compete with a big offensive line. Not true in the way WO-S plays. Navarro had two huge 300+ pounders at tackle, big guards and a center with good size, too. WO-S whipped those boys at the line of scrimmage. It was the same way against Celina last year. This is all accomplished because the players are taught good technique in the use of their hands and feet, as well as an uncompromising demand on all 11 players to pursue the ball carrier. In a nutshell, that is the secret to WO-S's defensive success spanning all of the years Cornel Thompson has been here. 

Yes because the 4 years he  was gone they didn't even smell the playoffs 

26 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Gilmer was not a cupcake, but their secondary was flaky. Sweetwater's #6 QB and #15 are both the most dangerous offensive players they have.

DJ said it correctly. They aren't big. They just freaking shifty.........I kept saying if we could ever get a couple of licks on them they would stop that crap. The QB did not throw the ball exceptionally well, but he didn't have too. Those hidden receivers were wide open. Gilmer played way too far off the receivers in the first half.  We actually adjusted well in second half but it was just to little too late. If we had jammed the receivers the 1st half like we did it the 2nd you would be playing us instead of them. 

47 minutes ago, skipper said:

I am shocked at gilmer  there DBs played very soft the QB had all day to read NO PRESSER AT ALL..as you had seen I am 76 years old if you give me that much time I will pick you apart

Playing soft on their receivers got our tail kicked. The QB will roll and move the pocket on every pass play. 

And Skip......if you are 76 years old........ congratulations. Lol I hope I make it that long and am still pulling for my Buckeyes!!!