West Orange Stark vs Navarro State Semifinal

tennisbc

12 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Goblin.What's the triffic like on 610 south around 6PM?

On Friday rush hour starts and ends early because of so many places that let out early. By 6:30 it's generally not too too awful coming from the opposite direction as long as there isn't a major accident. 610 South on the East side is usually only bad between I-10 and I-45 for all of those heading home to Clear Lake, Friendswood and Galveston. I'd check the traffic that day and if I-10 and 610 are that bad you can take 146 through Baytown and then 225 which goes directly to 610 and bypasses that.  There is no easy route there from Orange. Definitely don't go inside the 610 loop.

11 hours ago, LOKI said:

HJ will be there rooting on our district. I've read Navarro has speed. Well I can tell you that will be put to the test. WOS is loaded with speed. Does not always look like it on film. But in person. Well we all shake our heads some time. Js. Go Mustangs.

WO-S fans are truly grateful for the support of other schools for this game, especially those in our own district and throughout the Golden Triangle. I have one request for these other schools - wear your team's colors and/or jackets so we can identify you. We want to thank you when you are spotted at the game. We want to pack our side of the stadium and make more noise than the Navarro side. Again, the support is much appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

Yes but they are 15 bucks instead of I think 11 if you get them from WOS or Navarro

Adults 11 , Students 6 , If you have kids going , good idea to get them at the school, then more money for drinks and junk food.  Gonna be a great atmosphere for HS football , can't wait for Friday . Stangs will be ready .

On 12/6/2016 at 8:33 AM, gronkykong17 said:

I can see the perks of running the wing-t offense. Whenever you go up against a team that has a high octain offense such as WOS I think the Wing-T is an advantage to beat them due to the fact you can keep that offense off the field. But its also challenging to the WOS defense to get Navarro off the field and give the ball to Jack Dallas and company to let them get to work.  Looking for a good game on Friday Night at NRG. an team thats been in this situation the last three years, vs. a team that hasn't will be the edge...

I'll take WOS pulling away late in this one. 

Yea because Navarro best hope is 3 yards and a cloud of dust and go for it on forth down but how long will that last if you're not scoring and wos is making the scoreboard look like a pinball machine u can't  be like liberty and try not to win but  just not try to get blewout   there is no tomorrow so u try to put the ball in the air it's going to be a pick 6, cureo made a lot of mistakes in that game against  them and Navarro had a 4th down catch that the WR bobbled all the way out of bounce and they gave him the catch anyway then on one of cureo drives the center snap the ball way over the qb head badly and I believe the game was tied at that point  is watching  the film saying we can't make those mistake or we might end up in the same boat  

2 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Wish I could be there for this game! I'm sure the Mustangs will make it hell for em anyways! Get back to state

Yea  I hear that I'm going to miss another one I'm still stuck in the snow working 1100 miles again but I watch it on the texanlive.com like last week I know it's not the same but it will have too do 

We all know the key for us is 1st and 2nd down. If we can force a 2 and long that's where they'll play into our strength. Me personally IMO, they're not going to play keep away for too long. When we get the ball we will score it and force them to play for behind. They won't play the 'i'm just not trying to get blown out' game, in sure they want to win just as bad as we do. So therefore they're going to use the best effort to score. If we get at least 1 non-offensive touchdown, then I say lights out. Praying for a good safe game and safe travels to both teams. Of course i'm rolling with my Stangs!

All I know is it will be a heck of a game. Last 4 teams in the state in 4 a2. Playing for their right to make it to Dallas. And play for all the marbles. Know matter what we say as fans. Those kids have put in the work. Day in and day out. Long season. Every team. In my opinion play's just a little bit better. At this time of the season. Hope the game is injury free. Let the chips fall where they may. Still gonna root for WOS though. See everyone Friday. Good luck to both teams. From a fan of high school football. Safe travels everyone.