WOS

oldschool2

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I said to correct what is wrong.

By the way...what was the time of possession for each team?  If it's even as close to the lopsided numbers I heard...that is proof positive that WOS couldn't keep Liberty from moving the ball.  What were the numbers?  

I was standing on the fence in direct view of the INT. Liberty didn't strip it away until after our players butt hit the ground. I was literally yards away and in plain view. It was the correct call.

9 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Define easily.  They did move the ball but not easily.  Many times it came down to 4th down.  The game was not closer than the scoreboard but you wouldn't know that unless you were there in person.  Better yet find a buddy and watch it on hudl.  Then post your opinion from first hand information. 

Easily = 271 yards of offense.  37 minutes of possession time.  Very few turnovers.

Notice I didn't say they scored easily...I said they moved the ball easily.  To move the ball using an offense that was only practiced a week or two at the most.. I'd say that counts as easily.

*yawn* I can't believe this is even a thread lol. 

Woulda coulda shoulda... blah blah blah. The game's in the books. IF Liberty had had such and such... who cares, they didn't! If WOS had a bunch of 280lb rugby players to push back it would have been yet another 60+ game to nothing.

Even without that and only having the ball 10 minutes WOS still had 330 yards of offense and 15 first downs.

The problem with this whole argument is that WOS has the #1 rated Offense AND Defense in 4A so until a team can figure out how to stop both it doesn't really matter if you come up with a surprise plan to slow down one of the two.  All these one-dimensional run only teams that look like they are seeing a ghost when the ball is actually passed aren't gonna put a dent against WOS. Once you get behind by one score you're pretty much doomed because you won't catch up and eating up the clock works against you at that point. When WOS went up 19-7 that game was over. 

Actually it was over when WOS went into the half up 13-7 because they knew they were getting the ball to start the 3rd which is why Liberty was already in desperation mode kicking that failed on-side kick to start the 3rd quarter.  

Moral victories don't count on the scoreboard..., do they?  It doesn't matter how you win, whether it's pretty, or ugly.  A win is a win, and that's all that really matters.  I've seen teams have double the yardage, triple the time of possession, triple the numbers of offensive plays, have a plus 2 in turnovers, and still lose a game.  I've seen teams with a whole lot more talent lose games to teams with pedestrian players.  As long as the number is bigger on your side of the scoreboard than your opponent, it's still a win.  No?

I don't think WO-S will play anybody remotely close to their level until they meet Cuero, although Navarro looks pretty good at this point.

After reading all of this post what I don't seem to understand is the definition of EXPOSED. If WOS was truly exposed and Liberty had the ball 37:27 minutes and the final score was 32-7 then IF WOS never got another possession and the game extended 12 more quarters so Liberty had time to score the 25 points that they lost by. At the end of this total EXPOSURE, Time of possession roughly would be Liberty 181:27 Minutes, WOS 10:33. To sum up your definition of "Exposed", Liberty would need three more complete games to score enough points to win while shutting out WOS. Now I understand being exposed.

8 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

He keeps repeating 271 yards offense,37 minutes and 60 possessions but he fails to recognize it only delivered 7 points.Pretty good defense just to allow 7 points if you ask me.I'm through with this.

You (and several others) are failing to realize that a better team may take more advantage of those numbers.  And that it shows that even the mighty WOS football team can be capable of giving up yards.

I have a headache with being exposed to making such drama / debate over this rugby plan. Yet, losing by 25. WOS won a State Championship in another "workmanlike" manner in Houston last year. I'm resting my headache for another hopeful trip to Jerry World. Spare me the details please. I'm trying to run out this clock till Dec 16. 

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You (and several others) are failing to realize that a better team may take more advantage of those numbers.  And that it shows that even the mighty WOS football team can be capable of giving up yards.

That's the thing, every team is not going to do that. Matter of fact i doubt anyone will. From here on out after this week, it's either win or go to basketball season. Nobody is going to sit there and try to keep the game from being a blowout. You're basically going into the game defeated. Teams are going to try and score the ball unlike Liberty did. Good game plan but it wasn't a winning game plan. 

20 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

It is not the first time this season WOS has given up yards so, there is no shock value for the Mustang fans there.

Yes, if a team is large like Liberty and chooses to bunch everyone up and run up the middle, then they will get some yards that they too can cherish.  However, I don't think it will result in enough points....The ultimate measuring stick.

32 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

That's the thing, every team is not going to do that. Matter of fact i doubt anyone will. From here on out after this week, it's either win or go to basketball season. Nobody is going to sit there and try to keep the game from being a blowout. You're basically going into the game defeated. Teams are going to try and score the ball unlike Liberty did. Good game plan but it wasn't a winning game plan. 

I can't speak for the Liberty coaching staff, because I don't know any of them.  But I do know a lot of coaches.  And I even know coaches that know Liberty coaches.

I've never once met a coach that "tried to prevent a blowout" like people keep saying.  Or goes into a game "defeated".  It could be possible that they knew that this was their only chance to put the kids in a position to keep the score close enough to maybe win.  Long shot or not.

I think even when coaches are obviously overmatched they are still doing what they can to better their chances for a win.

Idk what his big deal is with the time of possession. If he would of been at the game he would of saw wos offense score on 2 or 3 play drives and only take about a minute off the clock  on each drive. That's what happens to teams that score fast they usually don't win the time of possession, an to a team that runs the ball every play and let's the play clock get 2 seconds

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I think I see the problem. This is what you don't seem to understand. You see in high school football, games aren't won by who has the ball the longest, who runs more play or even who has the most yards. So at the "mighty WOS" we will give up a few yards and be ok with it. We only care about winning on the score board. This is fun! What time do you get out of class?

So, we should see Giddings, who currently scores 37 points a game or Lorena or Bellville, who both score about 33 a game, junk or adjust their current offense in favor of an offense that appeared to be the football equivalent to the late Dean Smith's 4 corners offense at Carolina?  Hey Blackflag, do you see Matt Turner going to Poppy Brown and telling him this week, "I know you have thrown for over 3,000 so far this year and we are scoring about 50 points a game, but I think we are gonna junk the spread for this offense that I saw Liberty run against West Orange-Stark and I thought that they moved the ball easily?"

Giving up yards is one thing, giving up points is another.  And for all of yards that Liberty gained, for all of the time that they ate up, for all of the plays that they made that were taken away by the officials, themselves or the alignment of the stars, they were able to increase the points per game allowed average for West Orange-Stark from 2.9 points per game to an alarming 3.3 points per game.

Good job.

What i dont get is how people don't recognize that even after all those amazing yards that the Mustangs still found a way to win. It was actually a great effort for Liberty but no one else in in the playoffs runs that mess accept Navarro and Bellville. If they would even consider playing 12 games and then changing their entire offense because Liberty put up yards on WOS then I would say HELL YES, please do because what he doesn't get is that it didn't work and the WOS coaches had no idea until they saw it first hand. They stopped it from scoring but not producing yards so can you imagine what will happen once coach has time to prepare? I am sure that Liberty is proud of themselves. One coach gave a speech at the end that went like this: "Boys we did all we could, we onside kicked, held the ball for 37 minutes and had 270 yds but we fell short." Another coach said: "Hey guys great job of making adjustments and never giving up, Congrats on another victory!" Ill take the latter you can keep the stats. Tell your water-boy to not swing and kick a WOS player and maybe you will get that extra first down next time!

Didn't Oldschool2 not long ago get his feelings hurt and excuse himself from posting any more. If I am correct then please go back to hibernation because your points are so ridicules. You should have run for US President because none of your points make sense or relevant to anything. 

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

So, we should see Giddings, who currently scores 37 points a game or Lorena or Bellville, who both score about 33 a game, junk or adjust their current offense in favor of an offense that appeared to be the football equivalent to the late Dean Smith's 4 corners offense at Carolina?  Hey Blackflag, do you see Matt Turner going to Poppy Brown and telling him this week, "I know you have thrown for over 3,000 so far this year and we are scoring about 50 points a game, but I think we are gonna junk the spread for this offense that I saw Liberty run against West Orange-Stark and I thought that they moved the ball easily?"

Giving up yards is one thing, giving up points is another.  And for all of yards that Liberty gained, for all of the time that they ate up, for all of the plays that they made that were taken away by the officials, themselves or the alignment of the stars, they were able to increase the points per game allowed average for West Orange-Stark from 2.9 points per game to an alarming 3.3 points per game.

Good job.

:lol:  Nope!  Ain't happening.  We will dance with what brung us...