Hardin-Jefferson 17 Liberty 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, demons95 said:

The guy they were so high on Brown had a crucial fumble in the 4th that led to a field goal. Score was really not indicative of the game. HJ's barnyard unathletic kids dominated that game. Take that crow, put that in your cigarillo and smoke it Texaspanthers2012. 8-2 don't look so bad when you get that ass whooped next week. Ha Ha love crow gumbo in cold weather

Hopefully Alex Brown redeems himself still put up 200+ and a td in a sloppy performance. 

8 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

So would Liberty. That was a fluke 

Not a fluke.  Maybe the kids were in the same place the fans were.  Thinking the win was a given and ready to "prove themselves" against the mighty Mustangs.  And in reality, most of us thought this would be a tough game either way.  The reality is that this was the game to determine second place in district and it would be a dogfight.  I am sure Liberty won't be overlooking WOS.  And I am sure, unfortunately for Liberty, WOS won't be overlooking them either.  Buckle up because the Panthers are about to find out what all the talk has been about. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Not a fluke.  Maybe the kids were in the same place the fans were.  Thinking the win was a given and ready to "prove themselves" against the mighty Mustangs.  And in reality, most of us thought this would be a tough game either way.  The reality is that this was the game to determine second place in district and it would be a dogfight.  I am sure Liberty won't be overlooking WOS.  And I am sure, unfortunately for Liberty, WOS won't be overlooking them either.  Buckle up because the Panthers are about to find out what all the talk has been about. 

Honestly, good point. Players were probably in the same area we were generally speaking. It was that point in season where we expect W's

My senior year at HJ (2001) we were 8-0 and state ranked and underdog Liberty came to sour lake and beat us by a 2-point conversion in triple overtime to ruin our perfect season.  To be fair, our 2000-yd running back and our 1st team all district qb were out hurt.  Still, I'm glad that the Hawks could finally return the favor last night.

10 hours ago, CMurder75 said:

Shepherd would beat H-J

Your 100% confidence here doesn't make much since to me. Shepard lost to liberty and you only beat Coldspring by 4. 

Hj beat liberty and while we only had one possession in our coldspring game, we scored three plays in. Of course we don't know how that may have turned out but last night cold spring lost to Buna, a team that HJ beat by 15 and we were beating them something like 33-0 at halftime.  

HJ has been underdog to Jasper and Liberty. Both predicting 2-3+ score wins over us. These kids are playing hard nosed football. It's far from perfect, but you better not sleep on these Hawks!

Guest ECBucFan
3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

.  HDBobcat55 hasn't responded to me in over a year...

55 was way, way over the top, but you have to give the guy lots of credit for supporting his team.