Hey MC...

pakronos

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

More numbers don't necessarily mean you should dominate...

Ok, when you have a talent pool of 700 more kids to choose from chances are your going to have a little more talent and definitely more depth on your team. Which means your kids want be playing both ways. I may not believe what your saying but I believe you believe what your saying. PAM which enroll about 2200 in 6a was playing schools with up to 4600. That's why they had a hard time competing. So believe what you want to believe. 

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

More numbers don't necessarily mean you should dominate...

Then why have classifications? I know all enrollments will not be equal, but some are a lot more. They should know that from 6A. People shouldn't run their heads when the numbers WERE more equal.

Ok I wasn't going say anything but I've gotten tired of all of the "WHINING." So far it's "PAM enrollment this, PAM enrollment that" to that I say BLAH, BLAH, YADA, YADA. That was the same thing we were saying the past three to four years when we were taking it on the chin from NS, LP and DP. Last season we played not one but TWO "STATE CHAMPIONS" from 6A and 5A. George Ranch had a bigger enrollment than PAM did. I've sat and watch SOME say bigger enrollment means we should dominate. I also say to that BLAH BLAH YADA YADA. What means we should dominate? EXPECTATIONS, WEIGHT ROOM, TRAINING, COMMITMENT. That's why some have been outplayed. Am I'm saying that other programs in 22-5A don't have those things? NO, I'M NOT. It's just that when Central "took theirs to the chin" they got up dusted themselves off and moved on. When Ozen got "pulverized," they dusted themselves off and got ready for Central. Here came PAM third district win and SOME OF THEIR FANS want PAM income taxes audited, want to check our birth certificates checked and God only knows what else. I mean damn just face it, your team may just be on a "down year." It's not like PAM asked, "please drop us to 22-5A,PLEASE." If anyone's to blame, blame yourselves/coaches. Because if they would stop RECRUITING players/parents then PAM would still be 6-A. Oh I know, the parents/players want better education and YADA YADA. Those same parents should probably be around a tad bit more to make sure their kids(because PAISD didn't help conceive or give birth to them) aren't apart of the problem, but the solution. With all that being said, good luckto you ALL the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Ok I wasn't going say anything but I've gotten tired of all of the "WHINING." So far it's "PAM enrollment this, PAM enrollment that" to that I say BLAH, BLAH, YADA, YADA. That was the same thing we were saying the past three to four years when we were taking it on the chin from NS, LP and DP. Last season we played not one but TWO "STATE CHAMPIONS" from 6A and 5A. George Ranch had a bigger enrollment than PAM did. I've sat and watch SOME say bigger enrollment means we should dominate. I also say to that BLAH BLAH YADA YADA. What means we should dominate? EXPECTATIONS, WEIGHT ROOM, TRAINING, COMMITMENT. That's why some have been outplayed. Am I'm saying that other programs in 22-5A don't have those things? NO, I'M NOT. It's just that when Central "took theirs to the chin" they got up dusted themselves off and moved on. When Ozen got "pulverized," they dusted themselves off and got ready for Central. Here came PAM third district win and SOME OF THEIR FANS want PAM income taxes audited, want to check our birth certificates checked and God only knows what else. I mean damn just face it, your team may just be on a "down year." It's not like PAM asked, "please drop us to 22-5A,PLEASE." If anyone's to blame, blame yourselves/coaches. Because if they would stop RECRUITING players/parents then PAM would still be 6-A. Oh I know, the parents/players want better education and YADA YADA. Those same parents should probably be around a tad bit more to make sure their kids(because PAISD didn't help conceive or give birth to them) aren't apart of the problem, but the solution. With all that being said, good luckto you ALL the rest of the season. 

Yep. Totally agree. BTW, y'all don't have any kids that wanna play ball in Vidor for Mathews, do you?

26 minutes ago, baddog said:

Then why have classifications? I know all enrollments will not be equal, but some are a lot more. They should know that from 6A. People shouldn't run their heads when the numbers WERE more equal.

Can you give me a rough estimate of Nederland enrollment numbers? 

8 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Yep. Totally agree. BTW, y'all don't have any kids that wanna play ball in Vidor for Mathews, do you?

Dude my 7 y/o has a better chance of becoming a Pirate than he has of becoming of last Fridays opponents. At least the only thing I've read from the Pirates are "bring it on."

3 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Can you give me a rough estimate of Nederland enrollment numbers? 

1580......and look here. I am no whiner. PA outplayed us and deserved to win. I just hate the total disrespect for kids who were outmanned and out athleted. When the numbers were closer with the split schools, Nederland fared very well. I can handle losing a stupid footbal game. I just hate it when I feel we are being spat upon.

32 minutes ago, Realville said:

Ok, when you have a talent pool of 700 more kids to choose from chances are your going to have a little more talent and definitely more depth on your team. Which means your kids want be playing both ways. I may not believe what your saying but I believe you believe what your saying. PAM which enroll about 2200 in 6a was playing schools with up to 4600. That's why they had a hard time competing. So believe what you want to believe. 

...but memorial made the cuttoff...  They're 5a now.  When the playoffs start, they'll eventually face a team of equal numbers.  But that's no excuse.  They're 5a, you're 5a.  Line up and see what it do.  Look in that bother district.  Splendora barely made cutoff to 5a and are competing quite well.  In west Brook's district, Lufkin. Is th e smallest 6a school and only has 1 district loss and the one loss was a gianormous 6a school who gave them everything they wanted.  And if I'm not mistaken, Katy is on the smaller side in their district and you see how they do it... 

Nederland is no doubt in a down year. They were dominated Friday night. Heck that's the law of averages, its going to happen. But, it will not be that way forever. PAM will NOT dominate Nederland or 22-5A every year count on that. Cupcake district, OK  but Nederland has been at the top of this district for the last 5 years and still you ALL have judged your teams performance this season by how you did against Nederland and shown nothing but disrespect. But keep on believing the fairytale you are telling yourself just be ready for LN and the Bulldogs. We are down right now but we will not stay down. Our history proves that.

39 minutes ago, baddog said:

But we're talking about same classification, not different..

20 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Great post...

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

1580......and look here. I am no whiner. PA outplayed us and deserved to win. I just hate the total disrespect for kids who were outmanned and out athleted. When the numbers were closer with the split schools, Nederland fared very well. I can handle losing a stupid footbal game. I just hate it when I feel we are being spat upon.

No sir, I didn't specifically call YOU a whiner. Just SOME from you fan base. I simply asked you becuase you said something about being equal. So let me ask you, which seems to be CLOSER to "equal"

NS 4600 - PAM 2200 =2400 difference 

PAM 2200 -NED 1580= 620 difference 

13 minutes ago, baddog said:

Outmanned and out athleted...  Wow is all I have to say...  Lol

9 minutes ago, bigned85 said:

Nederland is no doubt in a down year. They were dominated Friday night. Heck that's the law of averages, its going to happen. But, it will not be that way forever. PAM will NOT dominate Nederland or 22-5A every year count on that. Cupcake district, OK  but Nederland has been at the top of this district for the last 5 years and still you ALL have judged your teams performance this season by how you did against Nederland and shown nothing but disrespect. But keep on believing the fairytale you are telling yourself just be ready for LN and the Bulldogs. We are down right now but we will not stay down. Our history proves that.

How are they being disrespected?  By losing?  By loosing in a blowout?  Explain, please...

9 minutes ago, bigned85 said:

Sir I'm not sure who your post was directed towards but I will respond. (in underlined bold) Nederland has been the "best" in this district for 5 years. I teach my 7y/o that if he wants to be the best, he has to BEAT the best. 

8 minutes ago, thaghost said:

No sir, I didn't specifically call YOU a whiner. Just SOME from you fan base. I simply asked you becuase you said something about being equal. So let me ask you, which seems to be CLOSER to "equal"

NS 4600 - PAM 2200 =2400 difference 

PAM 2200 -NED 1580= 620 difference 

ghost...YOU GOOD!!! lol...hitting them with the numbers lol

people screaming "disrespect"....MC, more nederland than PNG, have "disrespected" us for years. what this win has done for our program is to send a message to all these parents/kids that THINK the grass is greener in MC. hopefully this will have them stay and wait till it's their time. it's so hard to discuss this on this board with out mentioning other things, but if you from PA, you already know what i'm talking about...in other words, besides Fourney, i saw NO  kids that "look" like they from PA on offense..hmmmmmm...and the ONE on defense was pretty much a non factor.