Hey MC...

pakronos

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I see what you're saying, but learning, representing the community with sports is always best done with your people.  And before anyone takes this the wrong way, I'm talking about the people that you've grown up with from a small kid.  Your people...

I pulled an excerpt from an article about JC. These are just some of the reasons people leave the area.

This is the hidden content, please

"Port Arthur has absorbed hard times in recent years. On a recent Saturday, its downtown was so desolate it appeared virtually abandoned, even as people in town talk about the promise of new enterprises ahead.

The city’s entwined troubles of poverty, drugs and street gangs made it a place full of trapdoors that Charles had to overrun on his way to rushing for 4,107 yards and 50 touchdowns during his last two years of high school."

Port Arthur has a lot of great History and it's sad that people are moving out. I go junk picking on the roads(people throw out some good stuff in PA..lol), and some of the houses still have the blue tarps from the hurricanes. WTH.

58 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Nederland is rated as the best education and PNG is close behind. Why wouldn't you want your kids to get the best?

You can come back with all your arguments, but based on testing, facts are facts.

Because the rating system is BS and due to self hate and other issues, some folk from PA thinks Mr. Charlie's ice is colder......

Another casualty of social integration 

Classification numbers are what they are.  Unless you're one of those teams that gets quality "transfers" with impunity, at the bottom of any classification is a disadvantage.  Conversely, those at the top of any classification  have an advantage. What they choose to do with that advantage is dependent on School Board/Coaching.  So forget the numbers.  Only complaint would be catching a school between years, like George Ranch.  Although completely legal, and may be "right", imo, still ok to complain/gripe about it.  I would :) 

10 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

Because the rating system is BS and due to self hate and other issues, some folk from PA thinks Mr. Charlie's ice is colder......

What's the fuss with us taking PA kids, y'all are still kicking butt and taking names..lol Don't be greedy.

3 minutes ago, Finesser said:

Ok "BRO" seems to me you stuck your nose in the mix of something that wasn't pertaining you , is that what you've done in all your 7,000 plus posts lol

The title of this thread is :

Hey MC...

So I believe that pertains to me. So I believe I will stick my nose in here.

You can call me MAM though, ok BRO?

5 minutes ago, NDNation said:

What's the fuss with us taking PA kids, y'all are still kicking butt and taking names..lol Don't be greedy.

Because, quiet as kept, residents of the Bubble would rather have their sports heroes home grown plus the kids from PA are being pimped for thier procieved athletic abilities 

1 minute ago, SFA85 said:

Because, quiet as kept, residents of the Bubble would rather have their sports heroes home grown plus the kids from PA are being pimped for thier procieved athletic abilities 

I know several have been with us since they were little. And you see they're as much Indians as the kids who have had generations play for PNG.

This thread is getting out of hand. This has nothing to do with football and everything to do with the history and race relations of Southeast Texas. Regardless of what you may be saying here and whether you are correct or not, this is not the forum for these topics as everyone is sensitive and has their own perspective. NO CHANGES in how things are or how you see things to be will be made on a high school football forum. These systemic issues that are being talked about should be brought up at school board meetings, city council, or other places where you can speak your opinions and allow your voice to be heard. I have a career in social services and have dedicated my life to affecting social policy. If you want to see change, please get away from your laptops and cell phones and jump on the front line with me. We need as many people of all races and perspectives to come together and help. But this, is a high-school football forum guys, the most you will get from people on here when you make these statements is a back and forth with a guy in their mid thirties. Lets enjoy our kids while they are kids on this forum. Football is such a fun topic, its crazy how we always get off topic.

All these current and former athletes that come from PA, instead of holding camps for kids that will never make it to the next level why don't they take some of that money and teach the value of education? Invest some of that money in the community? Build business downtown or in the PA city limits? 

16 hours ago, SFA85 said:

Take away the 2 pick 6's, it's still 28-12.....

From my 24 Summers out here in the Killing Fields, most of the hostile interactions from those of the Bubble have been those who didn't play the game and or forgot how putrid the Bubble was and how easily it can slip back into sorry-ville.  Most non-players think and believe that football was invented in said Bubble.  They also deny the use of PEI's in the 90's as if their kids are clean and pure while I'm told by folk who played that yes, steroids were used by those who played for the Bubble.  If the bleep boys would STHU and leave the football discussion to the ones who played, the board would be a much better place for discourse......

Take away the pick 6s and its a tied ballgame at the half, and then we would see what would happen.  But they did happen and no body has a time machine so...

1 hour ago, SFA85 said:

Yeah, cause the TEA hates PA.  ok.   And before you go off I agree that standardized testing is BS, but every school in the state has to do it.

Lol , everybody says that, I guess we all look alike somehow eh ? No but seriously no problems on my end NDNation, I like talking football more , currently at your local Total in the break room bored, but I must say will the real Buddy Garrity please stand up...

16 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Agree, I'm begging for us to talk football

I believe I can speak for the Pirate fans and say regardless of the outcome with the purple Indians this Friday night we are looking forward to PAM coming to the Boneyard, FINALLLLLLYYYY. There, it's back to football.

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

This thread is getting out of hand. This has nothing to do with football and everything to do with the history and race relations of Southeast Texas. Regardless of what you may be saying here and whether you are correct or not, this is not the forum for these topics as everyone is sensitive and has their own perspective. NO CHANGES in how things are or how you see things to be will be made on a high school football forum. These systemic issues that are being talked about should be brought up at school board meetings, city council, or other places where you can speak your opinions and allow your voice to be heard. I have a career in social services and have dedicated my life to affecting social policy. If you want to see change, please get away from your laptops and cell phones and jump on the front line with me. We need as many people of all races and perspectives to come together and help. But this, is a high-school football forum guys, the most you will get from people on here when you make these statements is a back and forth with a guy in their mid thirties. Lets enjoy our kids while they are kids on this forum. Football is such a fun topic, its crazy how we always get off topic.

Thanks Roschon.  You said it much better than most of us could have.  And if we can get the off topic people to go Twitter (whatever that is), we can get back to football, and I'll be able to tell ya how bad the Pirates gonna beat ya :) 

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Thanks Roschon.  You said it much better than most of us could have.  And if we can get the off topic people to go Twitter (whatever that is), we can get back to football, and I'll be able to tell ya how bad the Pirates gonna beat ya :) 

Agree with everything but the last part. Its cool though lol. Looking forward to that purple W

5 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I believe I can speak for the Pirate fans and say regardless of the outcome with the purple Indians this Friday night we are looking forward to PAM coming to the Boneyard, FINALLLLLLYYYY. There, it's back to football.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the new scoreboard, I'm glad y'all are at our house. Just in case y'all are all that..lol