Hey MC...

pakronos

18 minutes ago, outanup said:

PAM is the best of 22-5A  this year no doubt. Hat's off and welcome to the district, its good for all the local schools to have this rivalry. I disagree on the recruitment. Parents with kids are moving North. How many schools have been closed, or even rebuilt smaller in Paisd? Sims gone, Edison gone, Pease gone, Carver gone, Woodrow no kids. And  many schools rebuilt smaller due to declining enrollment. Tj's enrollment alone in the 70's was bigger then PAM"S,not even including Lincoln, SFA and Byrne. South of 73 there isnt much left, no Banks, Credit Unions, Malls, Car Dealerships not even a McDonalds or Sears. PAM and Adams are both North of 73. Downtown and the west side of town are boarded up, not even a grocery store. My point is no infrastructure in PA to keep them there, kids and families moving North and going to other isd's.

Kronos is right.  I know for a fact that parents are moving their kids to other isd's and the reason has been stated on many occasions.  And I've stated that PAISD has many resources that other ISD's just don't have but many parents just don't know and don't care even though it's being given all the time (the information).  And the athletics in PA is pretty good too.  Football is a big deal there and the basketball is about to return to the days of Gamble/Boutee...

The stigma is what makes parents want to move.  And that stigman is wrong.  I know many that thrive/thrived in PAISD...  Why not go there?  most work in PA anyway...

29 minutes ago, baddog said:

No, it is thumb. I'm not everyone else. I don't flaunt our victories. That's for children. If we beat PNG this year, I might say, "that's 7" and call it a day. I don,t have to beat my chest to feel like a man over a high school football game.

You sir just made my point. I'm not everyone else either. Yet, some of your fan base and even yourself has group me(at least I feel that way) into the "thumbing my nose" category. When in fact I came onto the board after the "high school football game" and gave props AND even asked about the well being of young Mr Perkins. TO NO AVAIL.  

6 minutes ago, thaghost said:

You sir just made my point. I'm not everyone else either. Yet, some of your fan base and even yourself has group me(at least I feel that way) into the "thumbing my nose" category. When in fact I came onto the board after the "high school football game" and gave props AND even asked about the well being of young Mr Perkins. TO NO AVAIL.  

I never gave the impression that it was directly or indirectly towards you. I simply said that some are showing no respect for our team and I questioned PAM's numbers. All I got after that was north flight, Nederland being cheaters, and leaning towards racism. I have no intention of getting into all of that. I have stated my position and it still stands.

Props to PAM on their victory. Perkins had a concussion. Not sure his status. Everyone thought it was a ruptured spleen.

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just stating facts.  Not trying to argue either..  But the comment about numbers is pretty lame.  The GCM example is a good one.  And no mention was made of their numbers.  

If you can't see the objective perspective I can't help you. By the way GCM was around 1800 not 2100. Comparing GCM area talent to PAM area talent is an insult to PAM.

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm just stating facts.  Not trying to argue either..  But the comment about numbers is pretty lame.  The GCM example is a good one.  And no mention was made of their numbers. 

42 minutes ago, outanup said:

PAM is the best of 22-5A  this year no doubt. Hat's off and welcome to the district, its good for all the local schools to have this rivalry. I disagree on the recruitment. Parents with kids are moving North. How many schools have been closed, or even rebuilt smaller in Paisd? Sims gone, Edison gone, Pease gone, Carver gone, Woodrow no kids. And  many schools rebuilt smaller due to declining enrollment. Tj's enrollment alone in the 70's was bigger then PAM"S,not even including Lincoln, SFA and Byrne. South of 73 there isnt much left, no Banks, Credit Unions, Malls, Car Dealerships not even a McDonalds or Sears. PAM and Adams are both North of 73. Downtown and the west side of town are boarded up, not even a grocery store. My point is no infrastructure in PA to keep them there, kids and families moving North and going to other isd's.

Ok I get ALL of that, and trust me if were to have "Trump Money" I can guarantee you those issues would be addressed. However that wasn't the point of my post. It was in response to some of your fan base with all the extra talking about uil numbers etc. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

1580......and look here. I am no whiner. PA outplayed us and deserved to win. I just hate the total disrespect for kids who were outmanned and out athleted. When the numbers were closer with the split schools, Nederland fared very well. I can handle losing a stupid footbal game. I just hate it when I feel we are being spat upon.

Give Nederland a healthy QB, any healthy QB, and a healthy Perkins and Id play PAM again and think we would have a shot to win.  PAM dropped a 1Qtr bomb on a team who started one injured QB and had to bring in another.  Defensively, Nederland played them very tough, especially against the run, held them under 300 yards for the game.  Look, PAM deserved the win, they are a very talented team, but Im not.playng the woe is me numbers game, we just.got off.ot a horrific start and dug a hole, but I wont say we are completely outmanned.  We play good team football.  I wish we could just focus on the games played and not this other BS.  Good luck to PAM here on out.  I expect them to run the 225A table.

4 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Ok I get ALL of that, and trust me if were to have "Trump Money" I can guarantee you those issues would be addressed. However that wasn't the point of my post. It was in response to some of your fan base with all the extra talking about uil numbers etc. 

You are correct about the whining and wont hear that from me. Hell,if we recruited all the kids were accused of we would have to build new schools.....And that aint happening, that's another story.

6 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Give Nederland a healthy QB, any healthy QB, and a healthy Perkins and Id play PAM again and think we would have a shot to win.  PAM dropped a 1Qtr bomb on a team who started one injured QB and had to bring in another.  Defensively, Nederland played them very tough, especially against the run, held them under 300 yards for the game.  Look, PAM deserved the win, they are a very talented team, but Im not.playng the woe is me numbers game, we just.got off.ot a horrific start and dug a hole, but I wont say we are completely outmanned.  We play good team football.  I wish we could just focus on the games played and not this other BS.  Good luck to PAM here on out.  I expect them to run the 225A table.

I guess this has been the point of my post today. I can respect what you said. Just also wish it could be more about the game itself than all the extra. 

26 minutes ago, thaghost said:

I guess this has been the point of my post today. I can respect what you said. Just also wish it could be more about the game itself than all the extra. 

Then let it be about the game and ignore all the extra. Some people can not stand for somebody else doing good so they try to drag them down too, ignoring them will drive them crazy because no one is acknowledging them.

33 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Take away the 2 pick 6's, it's still 28-12.....

From my 24 Summers out here in the Killing Fields, most of the hostile interactions from those of the Bubble have been those who didn't play the game and or forgot how putrid the Bubble was and how easily it can slip back into sorry-ville.  Most non-players think and believe that football was invented in said Bubble.  They also deny the use of PEI's in the 90's as if their kids are clean and pure while I'm told by folk who played that yes, steroids were used by those who played for the Bubble.  If the bleep boys would STHU and leave the football discussion to the ones who played, the board would be a much better place for discourse......

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:47 PM, thaghost said:

In due time. First we're going enjoy this win tonight. Then we're going to go to work preparing for Lumberton tomorrow. 

#waityourturn

Lumberton wont be a challenge I can see yall hanging 63 on them also

15 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Kronos is right.  I know for a fact that parents are moving their kids to other isd's and the reason has been stated on many occasions.  And I've stated that PAISD has many resources that other ISD's just don't have but many parents just don't know and don't care even though it's being given all the time (the information).  And the athletics in PA is pretty good too.  Football is a big deal there and the basketball is about to return to the days of Gamble/Boutee...

The stigma is what makes parents want to move.  And that stigman is wrong.  I know many that thrive/thrived in PAISD...  Why not go there?  most work in PA anyway...

I m sorry Soulja1 but didn't your boy move to Ozen one year then back to Silsbee? I don't think that was a parent decision but isn't that what happened with your son?

Every Nederland fan , Png fan , Vidor fan keep clamoring about enrollment this and that , cry me a freaking river for Christ sake , for years we played a NS team with maybe 3500 or more, our enrollment has always been between 2000_2100 the last 5 years maybe give or take , Deer Park huge enrollment rate , you guys constantly bring up the fact we didn't do "didly" in 6A , when actuality NONE of these teams in this district  would have fighting chance in hell against the district we just departed NONE , ok tell me how you would be competitive ? Lol, you guys sound like my son when he's squabbling his big brother " I'm going tell Daddy" get over it and play the games , get beat , and get better ✔

13 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Nederland is rated as the best education and PNG is close behind. Why wouldn't you want your kids to get the best?

You can come back with all your arguments, but based on testing, facts are facts.

I see what you're saying, but learning, representing the community with sports is always best done with your people.  And before anyone takes this the wrong way, I'm talking about the people that you've grown up with from a small kid.  Your people...

1 minute ago, Finesser said:

Every Nederland fan , Png fan , Vidor fan keep clamoring about enrollment this and that , cry me a freaking river for Christ sake , for years we played a NS team with maybe 3500 or more, our enrollment has always been between 2000_2100 the last 5 years maybe give or take , Deer Park huge enrollment rate , you guys constantly bring up the fact we didn't do "didly" in 6A , when actuality NONE of these teams in this district  would have fighting chance in hell against the district we just departed NONE , ok tell me how you would be competitive ? Lol, you guys sound like my son when he's squabbling his big brother " I'm going tell Daddy" get over it and play the games , get beat , and get better ✔

Where are PNG fans "clamoring" about enrollment?

3 minutes ago, Finesser said:

I would much rather play PAM down just 400 or 500 kids, than the 800 or 900 that George Ranch had us by.  PAM doesn't make the rules, they've been on the short end of them for a while and now they will get a few years of being the larger enrollment.  Folks just need to focus on football here?  Don't get caught up in things that confuse you from playing your best football.