Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Very good team in Vidor, heck I picked them to beat us. 

It's good to see the Pirates put together some good wins. Lord knows we've had our share of injuries the past few years. Hopefully we can stay healthy. I know memorial has a solid team with some great athletes. Hopefully Vidor can give y'all a good game this year. Pray that both teams are at full strength when we meet.

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

It's good to see the Pirates put together some good wins. Lord knows we've had our share of injuries the past few years. Hopefully we can stay healthy. I know memorial has a solid team with some great athletes. Hopefully Vidor can give y'all a good game this year. Pray that both teams are at full strength when we meet.

Memorial has the athletes, but they wont be prepared for the Slot T.....This is a pickem.

4 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I'm hoping that game is for the district championship...I'm going to sit with Buddy Garrity for that! There is a purple football team in both of our way.

Remember our talk? :)

Something special brewing!  We both need to stay healthy, ballout and it'll happen 

12 hours ago, bigdog said:

oh and by the way, here are the stats for you.   Vidor and Nederland were penalized for the exact same amount of yards.  So tell me about that bias again?

Team Stats
                          Vidor    Nederland
Total yards          300    347
First downs           21    16
Rushes/Yds      43/274    45/165
Average rush      6.37    3.67
Comp/Atts           2/4/0    13/23/2
Pass yards            26    182
Comp pct              50    56.52
Punts                     2    3
Punting Yards        60    85
Punting Average    30    28.33
Fumbles/Lost         2/2    4/1
Penalties-yards    6-61    6-61

I'd lost a bet on Vidor's six penalties.  Seem like they had 6 on Ned's last drive in regulation lol.  I do think, and may be wrong again, that the yards those 6 penalties cost Vidor were a whole lot more than Ned's 6 penalties.  The 70+ yard run for instance.  

Regardless of all that, I repeatedly posted it was going to be close (first projection I've got right this year, lol).  But I doubt many could have foresaw the Hollywood finish - a thriller film for Vidor, a horror film for Nederland.  Folks who were fortunate enough to see this game, will remember it for a long time.  Hats off to both teams, coaching staffs, and schools.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'd lost a bet on Vidor's six penalties.  Seem like they had 6 on Ned's last drive in regulation lol.  I do think, and may be wrong again, that the yards those 6 penalties cost Vidor were a whole lot more than Ned's 6 penalties.  The 70+ yard run for instance.  

Regardless of all that, I repeatedly posted it was going to be close (first projection I've got right this year, lol).  But I doubt many could have foresaw the Hollywood finish - a thriller film for Vidor, a horror film for Nederland.  Folks who were fortunate enough to see this game, will remember it for a long time.  Hats off to both teams, coaching staffs, and schools.

Where did these stats come from? No way Vidor only had 6 flags all night against them. 

12 minutes ago, Realville said:

There had to be 5 or 6 in the 4th quarter alone. I was there . Here is one of the many holding calls against Nederland that was not called.

image.jpeg

That's not holding.  That's assault and battery :)   Guess the refs missed that.