Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Wow,. Won the game and still whining about the refs? SMH.  So explain why Vidor can't beat Ned at home 95% time?  You not paying the refs enough? (Who by the way we're from Houston and probably knew nothing about either team.). As far as the whole MCM comment that just comes off as envy.

You lost tonight!  Accept it. :)

17 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I've been watching Vidor football since I was a kid (which is many, many moons ago) and let me tell you, there is a reason we haven't won in nederville in 35 years. It has NOTHING to do with who has the best kids or program or coach and tonight was a great example of it. After that disgusting display I would prefer we hire officials from Dallas need be or petition the UIL to move to 21-5A. Even the media is biased (really?noooo) because of MCM and all that other junk (you know what I'm talking about) and it not only hurts Vidor but some of the other schools in this district. I know what I saw and I think I am as versed in the sport as anybody. I meant everything I said in the Friday Forecast from earlier today; that first 7 points they got was directly from some extremely poor calls including the 3 and 12 interference call from their 40. Neumann was working that ref for everything he's got, but that's OK; just don't let Mathews do it.  I have seen that happen so many times in the last 35 years it isn't funny. Most of you may disagree with me and that's OK but there are statistics to bear it out like the ones I've hit on today in my posts. Win, lose or draw I'm just sick of it. Played on a neutral field with neutral officiating we win by two touchdowns easily. Enough is enough, call it fairly.

oh and by the way, here are the stats for you.   Vidor and Nederland were penalized for the exact same amount of yards.  So tell me about that bias again?

Team Stats
                          Vidor    Nederland
Total yards          300    347
First downs           21    16
Rushes/Yds      43/274    45/165
Average rush      6.37    3.67
Comp/Atts           2/4/0    13/23/2
Pass yards            26    182
Comp pct              50    56.52
Punts                     2    3
Punting Yards        60    85
Punting Average    30    28.33
Fumbles/Lost         2/2    4/1
Penalties-yards    6-61    6-61

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You lost tonight!  Accept it. :)

I'll admit it's tough but you have to, like I said earlier most bulldogs are use to winning, heck I graduated from Ned in 2014  and as far as district was concerned all we knew was W's, but times change you can't win them all, a loss has to come. No one has it worse then Navasota when it comes to swallowing losing, they've gone from hero to zero, if one team won all the time it wouldn't be fun. Gotta take the blows as the come I suppose. And you must respect the other team. I personally hold Matthews in high respect, I'd love it if he joined the Ned staff, LN would love it also. 

5 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I'll admit it's tough but you have to, like I said earlier most bulldogs are use to winning, heck I graduated from Ned in 2014  and as far as district was concerned all we knew was W's, but times change you can't win them all, a loss has to come. No one has it worse then Navasota when it comes to swallowing losing, they've gone from hero to zero, if one team won all the time it wouldn't be fun. Gotta take the blows as the come I suppose. And you must respect the other team. I personally hold Matthews in high respect, I'd love it if he joined the Ned staff, LN would love it also. 

Navasota?  Lol

10 minutes ago, pirate68 said:

Vidor beat them at all 3 levels this year JV won 14 to 0. Freshman won 44 to 6 I believe? Take what you will from sub varsity scores..

I will take what I will from it. The 3 year wager offer that I made. Who is in? Again, congrats on a hard fought win tonight. Ned has an electric running back that y'all didn't see tonight and he is a junior.

great hard fought game by 2 pretty evenly matched teams & the stats show it. get past all the negative talk & hate by adults at high school kids & give the players the positive respect they all deserve for giving it all they had the whole game. congrats to vidor damn good team with a lot of fight & heart  & the same to Nederland. My name is Mike Hiltz & my son is #15 for Nederland & we have nothing but respect for vidor. good luck to you guys & much success rest of year.  

Every time I hear about this ref business and crying about getting cheated, all that comes to mind is that song, "Cry me a River." Everybody that's a fan has been on both sides of it. Its not fun but you have to learn to deal with and hope your team keeps fighting, just like Vidor did tonight. Its all part of the game and truly believe these Houston officials have no bias to any school down here.

4 minutes ago, kf89 said:

great hard fought game by 2 pretty evenly matched teams & the stats show it. get past all the negative talk & hate by adults at high school kids & give the players the positive respect they all deserve for giving it all they had the whole game. congrats to vidor damn good team with a lot of fight & heart  & the same to Nederland.  

Why is it.so hard to find posts like this after such a great game?

50 minutes ago, Realville said:

The officiating tonight was pure shame. Just sayin...

I hear ya, not trying to take anything away from Vidor just saying after all this they come back and say nah his good to play, it just seems like this a decision that's need to be decided soon before he has to sit any more games out. Tonight showed they could really use him

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

he did well. 4 pass tds and 1 rush td. I came away impressed but I know Livingston does not have the D to challenge him. Good game tho and McZeal found his hands

Heard the catch he made right before halftime was remarkable, also heard Livingston looks like a whole new team running that new offense instead of the slot t

1 minute ago, Footballfan1209 said:

Heard the catch he made right before halftime was remarkable, also heard Livingston looks like a whole new team running that new offense instead of the slot t

it was pretty good catch. That's all the credit I'm willing to give until it becomes more consistent. We shouldn't be surprised when he does catch it ya know. I was screaming "YOU BETTER NOT DROP IT!" And yeah Livingston was much better passing and trying to spread. Their rb #34 was big and slow. It was laughable. That Qb and Wr combo with a little more help around could do damage. Our secondary will dictate how we fare in district

With all kidding aside, I have much respect for the Nederland football program and there head coach. Any team will tell you playing in bulldog stadium is tough. I've watched many of games played by these two teams, and  some have been very lopsided in Nederland favor and here recently have been nail bitters. Tonight I choose to listen to it on the radio, and I'm telling you I can't imagine what it was like at the stadium. It was an emotional game just listening to it. Both teams gave all they had and left it on the field. Nederland will bounce back, they always have. My pirates just need to take one at a time and it doesn't get any easier. This is TEXAS high school football anything can happen on Friday nights.  

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

Maverick is a senior. Bridger is a Junior (and the best athlete of the bunch).

Bridger also seems to have the most fire in his belly.  Happens often with the baby of the family, especially with all those older brothers.  Great mom and pop and great bunch of kiddos. 

1 hour ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

Phone died. Congrats to Vidor on the win. Helluva game to watch! As soon as it went to overtime I knew the Pirates would go for two if they scored. Solid team....they'll give every other team in the district fits as well.

As for Nederland it doesn't get any easier going on the road to play PAM next week. Hopefully Neumann has a good game plan ready cause they have tons of talent and speed (Vincent, Hines, Jones, ect.) Also hoping we start to get healthy soon Lange (ankle), Fernandez (concussion), Simmons (ankle), and the whole Leday situation. Not having Simmons tonight hurt us cause he runs hard.

I would agree other than Memorial.  I don't think they match up well with them at all.  But at this point, I'm not sure who does give them a run for their money in district.  Haven't seen PNG but it could be them. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I would agree other than Memorial.  I don't think they match up well with them at all.  But at this point, I'm not sure who does give them a run for their money in district.  Haven't seen PNG but it could be them. 

I hope we go old school on em next week! (You know what im talking about) 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I hope we go old school on em next week! (You know what im talking about) 

I was talking about the comment Vidor will play everyone close.  I think that's probably true with the exception of the Titans.  Hope they do but Memorial's speed on defense is a killer when you're kind of one dimensional.  Could be wrong but I think it's a bad matchup for the Pirates.  Regardless, as you predicted, they are for real this year. 

As for next Friday's game, on paper it looks like it could be a replay of Week 1 for the Bulldogs. Memorial is just as athletic defensively as WOS (and maybe more so).  Not saying they are as dominant as the Mustangs on that side of the ball, but I can see them giving the Bulldogs fits as well.  If Memorial takes care of the ball on offense and limits mistakes, I think that one could ugly fast.  

Then again, Neumann is often the great equalizer so nothing would shock me. 

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was talking about the comment Vidor will play everyone close.  I think that's probably true with the exception of the Titans.  Hope they do but Memorial's speed on defense is a killer when you're kind of one dimensional.  Could be wrong but I think it's a bad matchup for the Pirates.  Regardless, as you predicted, they are for real this year. 

As for next Friday's game, on paper it looks like it could be a replay of Week 1 for the Bulldogs. Memorial is just as athletic defensively as WOS (and maybe more so).  Not saying they are as dominant as the Mustangs on that side of the ball, but I can see them giving the Bulldogs fits as well.  If Memorial takes care of the ball on offense and limits mistakes, I think that one could ugly fast.  

Then again, Neumann is often the great equalizer so nothing would shock me. 

Wasnt tonight :)