Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

No reason too that I know of.  The Ned player is doing what he has too to protect his QB.  My son played offensive tackle.  Did he ever hold?  Yes, but didn't get flagged.  Doubt there's few OL that haven't held.  This is not a reflection on the Ned player, but on the officiating.  And once my wife said, Oh no, our son held that guy, and I replied, "If there is no flag, it's not holding".

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No reason too that I know of.  The Ned player is doing what he has too to protect his QB.  My son played offensive tackle.  Did he ever hold?  Yes, but didn't get flagged.  Doubt there's few OL that haven't held.  This is not a reflection on the Ned player, but on the officiating.  And once my wife said, Oh no, our son held that guy, and I replied, "If there is no flag, it's not holding".

Lol play till the whistle blows! That's what I always heard

9 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm not sure if the outcome of this game says more about Vidor or Nederland.  This is arguably one of Vidor's best teams in in the last 20 or 30 years and they managed to beat a down Nederland team with a second or third string QB by one point in overtime.

If 1st string quarterback got kicked of the team before the season started then he really wasn't your 1st string quarterback. And 2nd string quarterback who is one your transfers from Port Arthur may not be eligible to play due to breaking uil rules then he was never your 1st string quarterback either. So that leaves you with whoever started last night which is your starting quarterback. Vidor has had there share of injuries at key positions the last couple of years an the games have came down to the last possession. Both teams played hard. 

11 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I agree... This post was merely to show everyone who wasn't at the game why both sides were on the refs so hard last night.... This type of no call was very common both ways all night... Those refs might want to start back on Saturday morning football... But I don't think they'd survive some of those mommas... Lol

14 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I got you to your 4,000th post... You're welcome... Lol

26 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm not sure if the outcome of this game says more about Vidor or Nederland.  This is arguably one of Vidor's best teams in in the last 20 or 30 years and they managed to beat a down Nederland team with a second or third string QB by one point in overtime.

Man, give it a break about 2nd and 3rd string QB. The second QB (guessing that's the 3rd string) was more efficient than the QB that started the game. 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I'd lost a bet on Vidor's six penalties.  Seem like they had 6 on Ned's last drive in regulation lol.  I do think, and may be wrong again, that the yards those 6 penalties cost Vidor were a whole lot more than Ned's 6 penalties.  The 70+ yard run for instance.  

Regardless of all that, I repeatedly posted it was going to be close (first projection I've got right this year, lol).  But I doubt many could have foresaw the Hollywood finish - a thriller film for Vidor, a horror film for Nederland.  Folks who were fortunate enough to see this game, will remember it for a long time.  Hats off to both teams, coaching staffs, and schools.

You're correct. All penalties are not created equally. A 10 yard hold that negates a 50 yd td is not the same as one that just makes a 3yd gain a 10 yd loss. But they look the same in the box score. 

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, vhs said:

If not allowed I don't mind deleting... Just pointing out one of the blatant no-calls from last night.  I realize there were no calls both ways and bad calls made both ways... This isn't an attack on players, just emphasizing poor officiating

image.jpeg

Wow thats terrible. Notice the official standing on the sideline at the 40 yard marker is looking straight at it, too. Inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Wow thats terrible. Notice the official standing on the sideline at the 40 yard marker is looking straight at it, too. Inexcusable. 

Also the head official is standing just out of the picture behind the QB. His job is to follow the play he had to see this. You can call holding on just about every pass play in football but it's usually not called unless it's as blatant as this.

18 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Might be one of the lower teams Ned has had since the early 90s

I am sure that the Nederland team that played last night appreciates that statement. What's wrong? Port Arthur not giving up players to Nederland like they use too. PAM will be ready to make a statement next Friday.

18 hours ago, pirate68 said:

Vidor beat them at all 3 levels this year JV won 14 to 0. Freshman won 44 to 6 I believe? Take what you will from sub varsity scores..

I will take what I will from it. The 3 year wager offer that I made. Who is in? Again, congrats on a hard fought win tonight. Ned has an electric running back that y'all didn't see tonight and he is a junior.

4 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Look at the size of the Nederland tackle in the picture, number 78/79?.  He looks like a giant out there.  The Pirate defender's helmet comes up his shoulder pads!

2 hours ago, NedKCMO said:

Congrats to Vidor on a big win. Looks like they are getting themselves in a position to return to the playoffs! ...they also become the first team not called GCM to hand Nederland a district loss in the last 5 years...congrats again Pirates! :-) 

Good point NedKCMO.  Didn't think of that.  I realize some Ned fans are upset.  Close game, and Ned not use to losing.  Everyone talking about the 35 years, but other than GCM, not anyone in our Dist been putting any whippings on Ned for a while, at home or away.  An added reason for the Pirate fans to be elated.  And kudos to the Ned fans, like you, who did the right (difficult) thing.  Congratulate Vidor, no strings attached.  Best of luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Wow what a sore loser!  You really seem like a proud dawg, More like a pounded dawg.   But hey I guess at least you said something and didn't hide like the other Nederland fans.  If Vidor and Nederland are so bad why don't you just stay off the forum because PA and PNG will also beat you.  

Enough said,lol,it's over better find a way to recover because Pam and Png will bring the heat,lol,i kept hearing how bad the refs were so i guess we need to hire Dan ray hooks to cut it out against us,oh Btw great win vidor i predicted the win and i don't care if it's one points its a W,JM was going for the kill it sounded like with that two point play he must have known ned wouldn't stop them,jmo.

12 minutes ago, jake94 said:

If anyone wants to whine about the 70 yard Lekelt run that came back due to a flag, vype has a great video of #15 getting held to spring that play. There were some questionable calls, but this was not one of them. Congrats Vidor. It was a great game and I am hoarse today.

If you're referring to my reference to the run, I was merely pointing out that even though the Stats show each team gettin 61 yards in penalties, some penalties are "bigger" than others.  Not whether the call was valid or not.  I was in my recliner depending on TVC and other posters - punching refresh, and using up my precious Gb's.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Good point NedKCMO.  Didn't think of that.  I realize some Ned fans are upset.  Close game, and Ned not use to losing.  Everyone talking about the 35 years, but other than GCM, not anyone in our Dist been putting any whippings on Ned for a while, at home or away.  An added reason for the Pirate fans to be elated.  And kudos to the Ned fans, like you, who did the right (difficult) thing.  Congratulate Vidor, no strings attached.  Best of luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season.

Thanks REB, Yeah Ned has been used to winning, especially in district for a long time! Good luck to the Pirates the rest of the way, looks like they will still be playing come week 12.