Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wasnt tonight :)

True enough.  But contrary to an overreacting Pirate fan's comments after week 1, Matthews can coach a little himself.  Not only that, he apparently does a pretty good job coaching coaches because he's got a couple from his tutelage doing a dang good job as head coaches in SETX right now.  Including one I would put well into my top 5 in the area...

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

True enough.  But contrary to an overreacting Pirate fan's comments after week 1, Matthews can coach a little himself.  Not only that, he apparently does a pretty good job coaching coaches because he's got a couple from his tutelage doing a dang good job as head coaches in SETX right now.  Including one I would put well into my top 5 in the area...

Dubois!  You right! 

Guest ECBucFan

Huge CONGRATS to JM and the Vidor Pirates!

Man I wish I could have been there to see this game. Seems like the Vidor team overcame so much to hammer out a huge win. I know there is no better feeling than to wake up on a Saturday morning elated after a win like this.

Throw dem V's up!!! 

What I saw was a sloppy game by both teams. Refs were bad, but they made bad calls both ways. Just deal with i I am,not gonna quote anyone, but will just say that there is a lot of football left. From what I saw last night, both these teams will struggle for 3rd and 4th spot. They were very evenly matched and it was a great atmosphere. I will say this though, most Nederland fans have congratulated y'all. You want us to eat crow for a while year and a 1 point win in ot we should now down. Not gonna happen. To the poster who said neutral field Vidor wins by 14 is something that we can only speculate on. You may be right, but with Nederland healthy, we win by 14 at your place. Underlevel wins don't mean anything for Friday nights. At least we get to play at y'all place next year. That alone will cut 5 pages of crybaby posts off this thread. Enjoy your win because if history and traditions prove true, We will be back

I never like blaming refs. But I did see some pretty egregious non-calls. I saw a line judge miss a Vidor defender having the neck of his jersey being stretched out so badly, you'd think the defender was hauling that Nederland lineman on a sled behind him. What I hated most were the uncalled personal fouls. The absurdly late hits. That's where Mathews really gets fired up. 

Thing is - There's so many "what ifs"...What if Vidor got that holding call in their favor that I mentioned above? It could've resulted in Ned completing a huge pass. Like a man said "and if only thing had happened differently..." and just left it at that for your own speculation.

3 hours ago, Proud Dawg said:

What I saw was a sloppy game by both teams. Refs were bad, but they made bad calls both ways. Just deal with i I am,not gonna quote anyone, but will just say that there is a lot of football left. From what I saw last night, both these teams will struggle for 3rd and 4th spot. They were very evenly matched and it was a great atmosphere. I will say this though, most Nederland fans have congratulated y'all. You want us to eat crow for a while year and a 1 point win in ot we should now down. Not gonna happen. To the poster who said neutral field Vidor wins by 14 is something that we can only speculate on. You may be right, but with Nederland healthy, we win by 14 at your place. Underlevel wins don't mean anything for Friday nights. At least we get to play at y'all place next year. That alone will cut 5 pages of crybaby posts off this thread. Enjoy your win because if history and traditions prove true, We will be back

Wow what a sore loser!  You really seem like a proud dawg, More like a pounded dawg.   But hey I guess at least you said something and didn't hide like the other Nederland fans.  If Vidor and Nederland are so bad why don't you just stay off the forum because PA and PNG will also beat you.  

Congrats Pirates on a great win. Nederland played hard and never gave up. Glad both teams came out with no serious injuries. 

Hats off to Mathews and the entire coaching staff at Vidor. I was one after the BH game saying a change was needed. I've seen a fire lit and changes made that has turned us around. 

As for the refs last night, they were absolutely horrible. Some posted stats that had 6 penalties for 61 yards against Vidor. Don't know where those came from, but that was garbage. Never seen more flags thrown from across the field by a ref not in position to make a call. And so many flags from "one side" of the field either. 

Great game and time to focus on Lumberton. 

Sportsfan, I didn't say they were so bad and if you know so much, you should be able to tell the same thing. I think we will match up with png way better than y'all. Memorial is a whole different animal. I'm not a sore loser. I already congratulated vidor with no strings. Maybe some on here should act like they have been here before. Y'all win the game last night and it was legit. No matter penalties, injuries, or turnovers, Vidor win. Congrats once again. 

2 minutes ago, Proud Dawg said:

Sportsfan, I didn't say they were so bad and if you know so much, you should be able to tell the same thing. I think we will match up with png way better than y'all. Memorial is a whole different animal. I'm not a sore loser. I already congratulated vidor with no strings. Maybe some on here should act like they have been here before. Y'all win the game last night and it was legit. No matter penalties, injuries, or turnovers, Vidor win. Congrats once again. 

Great post, both teams played hard, great crowd and atmosphere, hard fought game etc.  Time to move on to the next opponents, Memorial for the Bulldogs. Lumberton for the Pirates.  Good luck to Nederland the rest of the way.

I would like to thank all the Vidor fans for the respect of getting so excited and pump up because you won last night over Nederland. 

It truly is an honor to be your superb owl win. I didn't realize beating Nederland meant so much to you.  

Thank you for the compliment, and good luck the rest of the season to the players.

4 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Appreciate that mouse. Respect. I'll sit with you any day.

Matthews is a class act!! I said it before, but I was impressed when y'all played central, every time a central player went down to injury coach Matthews was out on the field checking on him. That's a man who loves the game and loves the kids.

It was time for the win, bulldog fans just have to wait till LN is playing with a full deck of cards again and hopefully the race for the DC isn't out of reach yet. We know we have a hard running RB coming back next week and who knows about the QB but maybe it's something we can look forward to. We've got a lot of football left to play.

15 hours ago, baddog said:

Matthews giving the finger to Nederland fans for booing him off the field.

Fumble recovered by Ned.

15 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

He is grossly misunderstood, solid coach

Yes indeed. Before the start of 2nd half, he went around and hugged everyone of his asst coaches on the sideline.