Porter 37 Crosby 34/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, liltex said:

You cannot take any team lightly,but after a half you have to respond on a serious note.Holley is a great motivator of kids,they play hard for him.Notice is out,nobody is safe regardless of past records.It has been 1 crazy year

You're absolutely right liltex.   I'm even beginning to doubt WOS invincibility.  As crazy as this years been, do y'all realize that PNG might actually beat Nederland.

Sorry PNG, lil joke there.

5 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Wow! Ummmm... grats to Crosby on becoming the 7th team ever to lose to Porter in their storied history including the likes of Houston Scarborough, Caney Creek, Sam Rayburn, Galena Park, Brazosport and Huntington bringing Porter's All-Time winning percentage up to 17%. Go Porter!

This is a different animal completely. 

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You're absolutely right liltex.   I'm even beginning to doubt WOS invincibility.   As crazy as this years been, do y'all realize that PNG might actually best Nederland.

Sorry PNG, lil joke there.

Last time WOS started a season with 3 shutouts was 1998,. Silsbee threw a wrench in there in bi-district. Not to hijack the thread but the point is the games are played for a reason. Anything can happen.

5 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Actually, Porter is now 11-51.  They beat Caney Creek 4 times.  

Yeah that's a 17.7% win percentage and they beat Scarborough and Caney Creek more than once. Hey I'm all for teams doing well. I applaud Porter and wish them the best. Not knocking anyone other than maybe a grumpy Crosby but hey, WOS got knocked off by Newton in '14 and see what happened since then? We've gone 29-2.

2 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Last time WOS started a season with 3 shutouts was 1998,. Silsbee threw a wrench in there in bi-district. Not to hijack the thread but the point is the games are played for a reason. Anything can happen.

And this game is a prime example.  Happy to see Porter get a big win.  Expecting to see Crosby bounce back.  But you don't see the topsy turvey stuff like we're seeing this year very often.  Nothing is sacred.

Good win tonight Porter well look like the district is is shifting I was at the game tonight and saw it first hand . This morning I read that the back up Qb  was going to pass all over Porter, but it was the other way around well coogs there's always next year. Spartans are rising and this victory is a big one. By the way coaching makes a difference in sports kid start to believe and magic happens

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Most WO-S fans realize that already.

Lol I beg to differ, I've been looking around, the overconfidence isn't on just one other website ;)

Funny thing is some of em post way differently on here. Thats on them. I just enjoy the reading. :)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol I beg to differ, I've been looking around, the overconfidence isn't on just one other website ;)

Funny thing is some of em post way differently on here. Thats on them. I just enjoy the reading. :)

Well, for those who have expressed otherwise, this game provides quite the warning.

1 minute ago, FrodoNDN said:

Wow....gonna be a weird season....Porter has only played one other game right? Freeport?

Correct, the season opener with Lumberton was called due to weather. 

It might be early but after Night 1 of Week 4, the two undefeated teams in 21-5A are Splendora and Porter.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I for one am never overconfident. Heck the win over BC was their first win as an AP #1 since 1989. We were 0-3 since then. WOS doesn't handle having a target on them very well.