Crosby ISD changes stance on protests

AggiesAreWe

I agree with the coach. Yes he should respect the players decision not to stand. It is his right. But what so many people have not realized throughout all of this mess is that the Coach beliefs should also be respected. The same thing applies to the NFL and any other organized sport. Yes you have your right not to stand but the Coach, Commissioner, School, or Parent also have the right to say- Sit Your Ass on The Bench.

What happened to the days of- If I want your opinion, I will ask for it. Kids are to be seen not heard. Once you pay the bills then you can have an opinion. Society is in such a mess. Parents need to wake up and show the kids who the adults are. America deserves young men and women that respect God,the flag, elders and authority figures.

The kids never said they were going to do anything.  They have the utmost respect for the coaches.  But everybody be careful with do what the coaches say, there's some kids that listened to a guy named Jerry Sandusky that probably shouldn't have.  Ah, the good ole days when people had RespecK.

2 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

The kids never said they were going to do anything.  They have the utmost respect for the coaches.  But everybody be careful with do what the coaches say, there's some kids that listened to a guy named Jerry Sandusky that probably shouldn't have.  Ah, the good ole days when people had RespecK.

Agreed!! 

Untili/When I see everyone at a sports bar standing up and placing their hand on their heart during the anthem... 1. I would be scared to death that I was having a nightmare about living in North Korea and 2. I would choose to do whatever I please as is the right of the players. There's nothing in any of their contracts requiring them to do as such and prior to 2009?(not sure of the year)  the teams weren't even out on the field when the anthem played so it  (and in my rightfully US Bill of Rights opinion) shouldn't matter. The Sourh Park premiere last night had me laughing regarding the topic.

8 hours ago, NDNation said:

Kids need to be guided by us Adults. They see an NFL player doing it so they follow. 

And unfortunately some don't even realize what they are doing. They do it because they see a NFL star doing it and view it as a new trend. Political correctness is out of control. 

7 hours ago, panamamyers said:

First ammendment rights? Lol

Is it also their first ammendment right to skip practices and then expect to play?

You have the right to do what you want, but your actions are not free from consequences.

My parents use to tell me that I didn't have any rights while I lived under their roof..lol 

I could have protested and been homeless.

Kept quiet but this entire topic is wearing me out!!!!!!! They have ZERO idea what they are even fighting for. Those kids sitting on a knee in that picture, SERIOUSLY ask them why they are not standing. Response My daddy told me to take a knee, I seen this dude on TV doing it. We gonna teach them,  my friends cousin dared me to do it. Give me a freaking break! I am fed up with the entire topic! Know your fight, yes you have rights, but dont call the police when things get hairy down in your neck of the woods when some dude kicks in your door, pops a cap in your a$%, then you want some protection. 

Personally If I was coaching I would allow these young protestors to continue their protest throughout the game by not participating. My guess is that their protest would last one week, max. 

There are way better ways to protest than insulting the majority of Americans who DO love their country and what it stands for.  These protesters aren't convincing anyone to consider their cause by disrespecting the flag, our military, our war dead, etc.... 

When you stand for the raising of the flag and anthem, you are paying respect to hundreds of thousands of young men, many of whom were drafted into service at the same age as these protestors, that gave their lives for all of us. If you want to crap on that, I have a hard time respecting you or your opinions, "protestors."

If it makes you uncomfortable then the protest is working.. I think it's great that they're, everyone kneeling regardless of age, bringing awareness to a much needed to talk about topic. How many of you are mad about this but not mad about people disrepecting our current Commander in Chief? I would say most have thrown or heard insults and not said anything about it. How many of you are more mad about the protest than the reason everyone is deciding to take a knee? 

43 minutes ago, bambam33 said:

Kept quiet but this entire topic is wearing me out!!!!!!! They have ZERO idea what they are even fighting for. Those kids sitting on a knee in that picture, SERIOUSLY ask them why they are not standing. Response My daddy told me to take a knee, I seen this dude on TV doing it. We gonna teach them,  my friends cousin dared me to do it. Give me a freaking break! I am fed up with the entire topic! Know your fight, yes you have rights, but dont call the police when things get hairy down in your neck of the woods when some dude kicks in your door, pops a cap in your a$%, then you want some protection. 

Don't jump to conclusions. I know that the coaches and kids in Crosby had a deep conversation about what they were doing. They chose to stand during the National Anthem. They chose to kneel as a unit (Coaches and kids) to show their unity and respect for each other. 

It's disrespectful...PERIOD!!! If you support this type of behavior you are part of the problem too! If folks want to change things, they can start by teaching their kids to be respectful of adults and authority figures. It's about being responsible for your own actions and quit blaming others for your own personal issues.......The victim mentality is destroying our society.....

Heck I saw the other day that the Beaumont Bulls peewee league football teams were sitting during our national anthem. It blew my mind that not only do the coaches of this team  get 25 or so 6-11 year olds to do this, but the parents stood by and supported it. Our societies need to stop being so ignorant  about what is happening around us and stop depending on these race baiting idiots that convince these communities that police are just walking around harming innocent black people because they are bored. This is not helping us to abolish racism it just makes it work...when will we ever learn... Peace I'm out!

From the outcome of the game, I could've swore that Crosby took a knee the whole game.  Lol

Seriously though, if any of my 3 boys took a knee during the anthem, there would be a scene with their dad coming out of the stands. Other people can do as they please, but my family will respect God, Country,Family.

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

From the outcome of the game, I could've swore that Crosby took a knee the whole game.  Lol

Seriously though, if any of my 3 boys took a knee during the anthem, there would be a scene with their dad coming out of the stands. Other people can do as they please, but my family will respect God, Country,Family.

Just making sure you understand that the Cougars did not kneel during the anthem.