Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

Here's condensed version of what happened so people don't need to message each other. 

Unknown BC players sent a meme out that called a WOS player a racial slur. The meme got back to WOS folks and it spread like wild fire. 

That's really all the for sure details at this time that can be reported. 

2 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As one gentleman told me about this, "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube."

The truth is that the tweet was screenshot so many times, at this point it doesn't matter whether the tweet has been taken down or not.

When are people going to learn. Employers can see, Colleges can see.....is it worth it?

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Here's condensed version of what happened so people don't need to message each other. 

Unknown BC players sent a meme out that called a WOS player a racial slur. The meme got back to WOS folks and it spread like wild fire. 

Exactly what happened. For everyone not knowing. And memes are made to make fun of peoole and used to make jokes. Usually they are made in good taste not usually this way from the few I've seen. 

14 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Thank you.  Otherwise I'd be on my pms all weekend, LOL!

This is so utterly ridiculous. 

i don't even know what to say. I hope the kid that was targeted is ok... He damned sure didn't deserve that. I can't apologize for anybody but myself, but I am truly embarrassed and sorry that this happened.

I hope that everybody that is offended knows that I don't feel that way, and I think that is true for most of my BC neighbors. 

I understand that kids make mistakes, but this is bigger than that. Whichever player/players are responsible should be removed from the BC football team and never allowed to play again. Furthermore, they should be driven by Coach Dubois to make a formal, in person, apology to the player that was portrayed in the meme. No one will ever be able to remove the amount of shame and hurt that was brought against the young man by the meme that was tweeted, and it should cost those responsible their opportunity to be a part of the Bridge City Football program. I cannot imagine that they can continue on with students like that in their organization. I am all for second chances, but sometimes hard life lessons need to be taught and this is one of those times. Things like this have cost people their lives. These kids need to learn that having that type of hate in your heart can cost you a lot more than football.

9 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Wonder what the parents will do.

Probably nothing, bigotry and racism is usually learned from family or others in close proximity. Racism and bigotry are taught, which is why all kids play with one another at the playground before they are influenced by outside forces. One has to challenge the schemas the individuals hold about others to create the dissonance needed to bring about positive change.

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Probably nothing, bigotry and racism is usually learned from family or others in close proximity. Racism and bigotry are taught, which is why all kids play with one another at the playground before they are influenced by outside forces. One has to challenge the schemas the individuals hold about others to create the dissonance needed to bring about positive change.

I know several BC parents and they are very upset. One was talking of removing their child from the team because they didn't want them a part of this.