Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

9 hours ago, gronkykong17 said:
9 hours ago, gronkykong17 said:

I have been to a lot of WO-S football games in my life, and there is one thing you that WO-S is great at... STOPPING THE RUN. You don't run the ball on WO-S. You cannot run the ball up the middle because you run into Mr. King (4yr. Starter). and you cant run the ball outside because then you go right into WO-S bread and Butter and thats there speed. There is not a team in the Area that can hang with WO-S.  So saying that, I'll take WO-S getting the 3rd straight shutout in blowout form.

WO-S- 48
BC- 0 

Well, Ennis sure ran the ball down our throats in the the first half, but Bridge City is not Ennis. First, I hope no one on either team gets hurt. Second, I think this is going to be the best team that WOS has seen this year. I do not think BC win win, but I do think they will score.

46 minutes ago, BC Cardinal97 said:

All I'm saying is let's let the red and white an blue and sliver do the talking come friday lol

WOS school colors are Navy & Gray. Not sure why all the WOS shirts are Navy and White, and some of the uniforms are Navy & White, or Navy & Silver.

10 hours ago, Rake1 said:

Going to take a shot at giving an opinion on this one without sarcasm or "homer" viewpoint so here goes...

It cannot be disputed that the premiere football program in this part of the state resides in West Orange, all the numbers prove that point emphatically. Year in and year out they are the benchmark that all others, including larger class schools, are measured against. This particular group has been special for quite sometime and they continue to impress even the toughest skeptics. Besides the fact they are physically talented this group at WOS has been running basically the same overall system since they began playing ball and that fact cannot be overstated. The familiarity they possess with the offense, defense, and coaching style is amazing, it's all they have ever known and very few schools can even attempt to compare with that fact. With that being said it's not difficult to make a case for the Mustangs running the table this season and easily handling the Cardinals on Friday night. Only problem with that statement is that this is a high school game and anything can happen. I witnessed a BC vs WOS game in the early 90's where BC came out amped up, scored on the opening drive and thought "this might be the year we win!" and then watched WOS reel of 55 unanswered points. All the opening score did was "kick a sleeping dog and made him mad". On that note I know many BC fans cringed when they saw some of the social media stuff that got started last week and with good reason. Most would have rather not been so public about the comments aimed at WOS and preferred that talk stay in the locker room, no reason to "poke the bear" so to speak when the element of surprise may have been an advantage. Either way what's done is done. 

There are 2 potential scenarios that could take place....

1. WOS dominates from start to finish like most are predicting. The speed advantage and experience in big games goes without saying, WOS is loaded with playmakers and a fantastic leader/QB along with a potentially historic defense. All signs point to this happening.

2.BC figures out a way to move the chains and keep the clock running which in turn keeps the potent WOS offense off of the field. Many on this board have made comments about one dimensional offenses not doing well against WOS and that's a true statement for the most part. I may be wrong but it seems like in the past several seasons Orangefield has been able to hang around with WOS in a few games doing exactly what BC hopes to do. If BC manages to somehow control the clock for a while and can get a big play from either the defense or special teams this game could be closer than many predict. Will that happen, we won't know until Friday night. BC does have a few things going for them and won't be showing up empty handed. Up front they have some size and experience which is a plus as long as they can play 4 quarters. BC does have a few guys that can run with almost anybody on the field and they are capable of scoring at any time. BC will have to limit the 3 and outs and turnovers to have a legitimate shot of keeping WOS anywhere close but it can be done. 

I personally look forward to the game and hope it lives up to the hype. One would think WOS would like to play a game where they at least get challenged and need to play their starters for more than 2 or 3 quarters, the blowouts don't help them in their quest for another title. Hopefully everybody plays well, comes out injury free, and both teams get better as they pursue the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams!

Rake1

Good analysis

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

Well, Ennis sure ran the ball down our throats in the the first half, but Bridge City is not Ennis. First, I hope no one on either team gets hurt. Second, I think this is going to be the best team that WOS has seen this year. I do not think BC win win, but I do think they will score.

There are several times where teams have had success running the ball against WOS.  Giddings, Brookshire, Coldspring, Jasper (2013) to name a few.  All of these are more the exception than the rule.  I do think this years version of the WOS defense is very well suited for stopping or at least slowing down a very good running team.  Enough to put them in passing situations.

I definitely do not see a "blow out." JMHO, I think the game will be within 2 scores. I know that is contrary to popular belief but I do think the Cards can at least hang with the Stangs. Definitely better than their last two opponents. Both teams are senior heavy but WOS speed out rules BC by far. Bridge City easily has the best OL in the area & WOS matches that with their DL. I'm excited for this game as I think it will be one of the best games of the year for both sides. 

BC put up 50+ on a not very good HISD school last week while Draper sat on the sidelines in shorts and a jersey. I think that the best chance BC has to even sniff a win against the Mustangs would be this year strictly based on the team BC has this year. Now, they are also playing the best WOS since the late 80's. So we will see what happens on Friday night. I know both coaches have amped it up at practice this week in preparation for one another. Good luck to both teams. 

27 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

There are several times where teams have had success running the ball against WOS.  Giddings, Brookshire, Coldspring, Jasper (2013) to name a few.  All of these are more the exception than the rule.  I do think this years version of the WOS defense is very well suited for stopping or at least slowing down a very good running team.  Enough to put them in passing situations.

The 2000 Chain Gang was one of the best! If it had not been for the cheap shot by LaMarque, that put Pinkins out for the season, the whole complexion of the WOS-Ennis game would have changed, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

The 2000 Chain Gang was one of the best! If it had not been for the cheap shot by LaMarque, that put Pinkins out for the season, the whole complexion of the WOS-Ennis game would have changed, in my opinion.

I remember that state championship game against Ennis in the old Cowboy’s Stadium. Ennis was a powerhouse back then. I also remember seeing Celina that year as well. When teams talk about how big their OL , I can only think about Bellville, and Celina last year. Both teams had a huge OL that got wore down by the third quarter. I guess we will see how ready both teams will be come Friday night.

5 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

r I remember that state championship game against Ennis in the old Cowboy’s Stadium. Ennis was a powerhouse back then. I also remember seeing Celina that year as well. When teams talk about how big their OL , I can only think about Bellville, and Celina last year. Both teams had a huge OL that got wore down by the third quarter. I guess we will see how ready both teams will be come Friday night.

Lincoln in 2000 was just as big, but they wore out in the 1st quarter, behind all their tough talk.

18 hours ago, gronkykong17 said:

I have been to a lot of WO-S football games in my life, and there is one thing you that WO-S is great at... STOPPING THE RUN. You don't run the ball on WO-S. You cannot run the ball up the middle because you run into Mr. King (4yr. Starter). and you cant run the ball outside because then you go right into WO-S bread and Butter and thats there speed. There is not a team in the Area that can hang with WO-S.  So saying that, I'll take WO-S getting the 3rd straight shutout in blowout form.

WO-S- 48
BC- 0 

PAM?? WOS is good REAL good! I think WOS is the BEST in 4A DII.......

9 hours ago, XX Man said:

I think that was our first time against a spread team.They ran all over us in the first half before coach T did what he does best,adjusting at half time.Shut them down the second half but the damage was done in the first half that we just couldn't overcome.The spread offense was relatively new at that time.

3 hours ago, XX Man said:

Lincoln in 2000 was just as big, but they wore out in the 1st quarter, behind all their tough 

3 hours ago, XX Man said:

That 2000 championship I had kin people come all the way from San Diego to see it my uncle notice that our qb had trouble throwing the ball off that hump in the middle of the field, and we couldn't stop the qb back draw for some reason, anyway unc told me a lot off qbs had the same issue if ur not use to playing on that field so I got to thinking maybe that dallas schools r use to it  but they built a brand new ugly stadium with no hump and we lose again I always said the best thing to come out of Dallas is  i45 south!!!

12 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

Giddings had a quarterback that was a threat to break it at any time.  Ennis' quarterback could as well and he was the difference.  Silsbee has success moving the football against the Chain Gang when the QB is a running threat.  See where I am going???

The question is can the BC QB be the difference maker running the ball?

Can BC keep up with the offense with JD3 and PYP? 

24 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Giddings had a quarterback that was a threat to break it at any time.  Ennis' quarterback could as well and he was the difference.  Silsbee has success moving the football against the Chain Gang when the QB is a running threat.  See where I am going???

The question is can the BC QB be the difference maker running the ball?

Can BC keep up with the offense with JD3 and PYP? 

Yeah I hear you wos will have to put stake in the ground there can be no blown assignments on d but I think this team is the most physical team in along time and nobody I've seen so far in state of Texas has matched it