Minnesota man killed by cops

new tobie

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

All the media talk about open carry, gun talk by politicians including the president, cops shooting unarmed suspects that are usually black. NRA with buy guns buy ammo.........the bad guys and the crazies want in on the action also. Most crazies are qualified for open carry untill they shoot up a bunch of folks.

Let's see, the media is talking about open carry, the NRA wants us to buy guns, cops are shooting people that created the situation, crazy people can get guns and some want in on the action. 

Exactly what does that jumble of thoughts mean?

I might add, I went shopping last week, a friend of mine went fishing, Popeye's ended their 5 piece boneless wing deal locally and there were some car accidents in Beaumont. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Let's see, the media is talking about open carry, the NRA wants us to buy guns, cops are shooting people that created the situation, crazy people can get guns and some want in on the action. 

I might add, I went shopping last week, a friend of mine went fishing, Popeye's ended their 5 piece boneless wing deal locally and there were some car accidents in Beaumont. 

Too many Lime-a-Ritas, maybe?

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I understand it as the reason behind more gun violence this year. Open carry crap on the news everyday, but if your black you better not open carry around cops.Politicians using I won't take your guns are obama and hillary will take your guns. The NRA receiving record memebership and memebership FEES, The Nra promoting gun sales, gun sales out the roof with this .......in the white house. Record profits for ammo makers. A lot of attention brought to guns and when the mentally ill whites and thug blacks see this they get there rifles and .........whatever

On 7/14/2016 at 10:36 AM, tvc184 said:

So we have people protesting based solely on the rantings of an internet junkie who loves broadcasting herself when much of what she said may be a lie. Hmmmm..... 

Kind of reminds us of Ferguson? 

I know that we still don't know what the truth is. If we defend the police we are just taking sides based on nothing but a race. If we defend the woman we are being thoughtful and responding to her legitimate complaint. It is interesting from the claim of looking at both sides argument. 

The cop is always right no matter what, they take an oath to be honest and truthful. No one would where the badge and be dishonest.

On 7/8/2016 at 0:21 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So ignore certain wrongdoing done and pay attention to the other? I say pay attention to both like what most do. Prayers to those cops shot and the two black men shot & killed the past two days. 

I guess because of all the black on black crime we should ignore the white on black crime.......

20 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I guess because of all the black on black crime we should ignore the white on black crime.......

I agree that no unjustified police shooting is acceptable.  What I don't understand is why there is such a disparity in outrage over 4 or 5 questionable cop killings a year versus 4 or 5 THOUSAND black on black killings.  According to BLM, and social and mainstream media, police killings are the biggest threat to young black men out there.  The actual facts render that assertion completely false.

5 hours ago, nappyroots said:

The cop is always right no matter what, they take an oath to be honest and truthful. No one would where the badge and be dishonest.

And you have seen such a claim where?

Yet another straw man argument. 

On 7/8/2016 at 2:37 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I agree with alot of what you said. And im glad you said it, about time somebody with just as much sense as me said something like this in this particular forum. +1 man. Prayers to those cops in Dallas and those 2 black men & their families in B.R. and Minnesota. 

shooting of the two black men was justified according to members of this board

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I agree that no unjustified police shooting is acceptable.  What I don't understand is why there is such a disparity in outrage over 4 or 5 questionable cop killings a year versus 4 or 5 THOUSAND black on black killings.  According to BLM, and social and mainstream media, police killings are the biggest threat to young black men out there.  The actual facts render that assertion completely false.

How many black cops are killing anyone

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Like I've said previously. A US citizen is more likely to be killed or harmed by another US citizen. So why we pay so much attention to illegal immigrants and radical Islamist. Why not address US on US crime. 

2 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Like I've said previously. A US citizen is more likely to be killed or harmed by another US citizen. So why we pay so much attention to illegal immigrants and radical Islamist. Why not address US on US crime. 

because its no fun, don't want to blame radical americans

7 hours ago, nappyroots said:

thats riduculous. After the James Byrd dragging, i heard people try to blame him for it

What the heck does this have to do with James Byrd? Those scumbags were caught and sentenced to death. What more can be done......and you are still crying about it? How about the cop that was dragged on Hwy 73? Don't you want to cry about that? Or does it not fit your agenda?

2 hours ago, baddog said:

What the heck does this have to do with James Byrd? Those scumbags were caught and sentenced to death. What more can be done......and you are still crying about it? How about the cop that was dragged on Hwy 73? Don't you want to cry about that? Or does it not fit your agenda?

Did you hear someone blame the cop. You guys talk about blm(which I don't care for anyhow) and act as though whites, republicans and the justice system have never done anything wrong

2 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Did you hear someone blame the cop. You guys talk about blm(which I don't care for anyhow) and act as though whites, republicans and the justice system have never done anything wrong

If I walked down Irving and someone killed me, I would get blamed. People would say, "Man, that dude shouldn't have gone down there. Have a nice day and keep crying for your agenda.

9 hours ago, nappyroots said:

How many black cops are killing anyone

It happens. It just doesn't make the news.  Ironically, I read an article the other day (Washington post, I believe) that had links to two studies that stated that African Americans thought they were more likely to be arrested by African American cops.  Doesn't really fit the narrative, does it?

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I don't know if they were justified but I have seen nothing that proves they were not. 

I know that the video does not show everything that happened, but it just doesn't look good.  The cops have a man on his back, and one shoots him.  Leads to questions as to why they shot him, just as the cop that shot the man in the back that was running away from him.  It seems that it could have been handled differently. 

18 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Your post has some valid points, and I'll give you my (highly uneducated) opinion, which is not worth a lot in the scheme of things.

We can do something to deter illegal immigrants, and radical Islam from being as big of a problem, by protecting our borders, and not allowing Muslin's into the US until a through vetting procedure is done.   And as for the US on US crime, I don't think anyone knows what to do about it.  Oh, Trump says law and order and folks cheer.  Hillary says we're going to fix the schools and take care of you, folks cheer.  Neither one will though.  My only suggestion is jobs.  Even most folks on welfare can do something, if it's just cleaning up parks, or their neighborhood.   There's an old but profound saying, Idle hands is the devils workshop.  Put folks to work, doing something constructive.  Give a person their pride back, in themselves, and in their community.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, PAMFAM10 said:

Let me get this straight. If a sniper is shooting at random cars on I-10, you would be perfectly fine with the cops saying..."Don't worry about that sniper because you are more likely to be killed by another driver".

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Let me get this straight. If a sniper is shooting at random cars on I-10, you would be perfectly fine with the cops saying..."Don't worry about that sniper because you are more likely to be killed by another driver".

At that moment the sniper is shooting in sure the percentage changes drastically. But how many snipers have you seen in 1-10 how many wrecks have you seen on I-10 you proved my point for me.