Minnesota man killed by cops

new tobie

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

I am saying that her life did matter but your current administration will not deal with it because the proposed Kates law does not give illegals ( and in this case, one who had been deported 5 times) special treatment and I have a problem with that and you should too.  I don't think there has been sufficient time yet to determine whether there was "just cause" involved in the Minnesota incident.  Rioting and looting are not the answer and never will be

You never think a black killing is unjustified.  If a non violent protest isn't the answer, what is? Kate's death is heartbreaking. I can admit that even though she is white. Why can't you, when the victim is black.

7 hours ago, stevenash said:

We both know that there are exceptions in all different kinds of circumstances.  Lets change your comment to EVERY PERSON instead of EVERY BLACK PERSON gunned down in not guilty of a crime.  Wouldn't that be the more enlightened and objective way to state it?  First thing that comes to my mind are the five police officers killed in Dallas last night.  They were not guilty of a crime either.  Would you have an interest in discussing how those killings came about and who was responsible?  You gleefully participate in the narrative that law enforcement, in general, is out hunting down black people with the specific purpose of shooting/killing them and I very strongly disagree with that contention.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  Is it the exception rather the rule.  Study the numbers of black on black crime vs the numbers regarding white cops killing black citizens and then let me know where the real problem lies

We are currently talking about black people being gunned down. Duh!!!

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

We are currently talking about black people being gunned down. Duh!!!

Yes we are and the frequency/volume of such is way less than you would have us believe.  There is not systemic corruption in our law enforcement system.  Take a look at my post entitled " I wonder".  Should I claim that the described incident is proof that blacks are out trying to find opportunities to shoot/kill whites?

You could exercise the option of not responding to my questions.  Is that a viable consideration?  Do I disgust/sicken you because I disagree with most of your posts?  It's so refreshing to know that you have never inserted yourself into a conversation between others.

We both know that there are exceptions in all different kinds of circumstances.  Lets change your comment to EVERY PERSON instead of EVERY BLACK PERSON gunned down in not guilty of a crime.  Wouldn't that be the more enlightened and objective way to state it?  First thing that comes to my mind are the five police officers killed in Dallas last night.  They were not guilty of a crime either.  Would you have an interest in discussing how those killings came about and who was responsible?  You gleefully participate in the narrative that law enforcement, in general, is out hunting down black people with the specific purpose of shooting/killing them and I very strongly disagree with that contention.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  Is it the exception rather the rule.  Study the numbers of black on black crime vs the numbers regarding white cops killing black citizens and then let me know where the real problem 

tt

24 minutes ago, baddog said:

Oh the irony of it all. The crowd protesting against cops.....When the shooting broke loose they ran to the cops for protection. All of a sudden the cops are the good guys. Hypocrites!

How about this Big Girl. Let's hear what you have to say. I'm chomping at the bit.

We both know that there are exceptions in all different kinds of circumstances.  Lets change your comment to EVERY PERSON instead of EVERY BLACK PERSON gunned down in not guilty of a crime.  Wouldn't that be the more enlightened and objective way to state it?  First thing that comes to my mind are the five police officers killed in Dallas last night.  They were not guilty of a crime either.  Would you have an interest in discussing how those killings came about and who was responsible?  You gleefully participate in the narrative that law enforcement, in general, is out hunting down black people with the specific purpose of shooting/killing them and I very strongly disagree with that contention.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  Is it the exception rather the rule.  Study the numbers of black on black crime vs the numbers regarding white cops killing black citizens and then let me know where the real problem 

tt

My son graduated from high school magna cum laude. He is currently a pre-medicine student at Baylor University. He fought twice in high school, both times it was self defense. On one occasion my son punched a guy and the dude started to bleed. I am wondering if he hypothetically was shot and killed needlessly (I rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus)by a police officer if they would bring up his past and say he was a "violent" young man because he was in 2 altercations in high school, one leading to "bloodshed"

42 minutes ago, stevenash said:

You could exercise the option of not responding to my questions.  Is that a viable consideration?  Do I disgust/sicken you because I disagree with most of your posts?  It's so refreshing to know that you have never inserted yourself into a conversation between others.

You know why. Do you think that there was ever an instance where a black person was killed by a cop needlessly?  Please don't talk about black on black crime, white on white crime etc. Just answer yes or no.

32 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You know why. Do you think that there was ever an instance where a black person was killed by a cop needlessly?  Please don't talk about black on black crime, white on white crime etc. Just answer yes or no.

Yes, I think there has been an instance where a black person was killed by a cop needlessly.  But at a  rate/percentage no greater than that of other races.  Furthermore, I do not think the law enforcement system in this country is sytemically corrupt as "some of us" do.

39 minutes ago, Big girl said:

My son graduated from high school magna cum laude. He is currently a pre-medicine student at Baylor University. He fought twice in high school, both times it was self defense. On one occasion my son punched a guy and the dude started to bleed. I am wondering if he hypothetically was shot and killed needlessly (I rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus)by a police officer if they would bring up his past and say he was a "violent" young man because he was in 2 altercations in high school, one leading to "bloodshed"

Didnt you do something similarly regarding George Zimmerman?

9 hours ago, stevenash said:

35 minutes ago, westend1 said:

Honestly, i didn't see anybody run "to the cops".  Looked like the crowd ran out and the cops ran in.

you are probably correct.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I did not phrase a question. Nothing I said was stupid. Protesting against the people who protect you, then asking them to put their life on the line for you when things go wrong, is what could be considered stupid.....also hypocritical.

They shouldn't protest against "bad" cops? Is that what you are suggesting?