Minnesota man killed by cops

new tobie

50 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

It's funny how life works. They passed a law after her shooting, called Kate's Law. The only similarity I found was that the shooting was an accident.

Dove, can you please refer me to a site that talks about Kates law being passed.  I am fairly certain it has been proposed but NEVER passed.  That "accident" would never have happened if the laws had been appropriately applied to the perpetrator.  But we are too "compassionate" for that, apparently.

43 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

We are jumping to conclusions again without even seeing the initial contact that caused the death. The cop could be guilty as heck, or not. All I seen was a man bleeding and a cop in a panic stating he told him not to reach for the gun. Hopefully we can see his body-cam soon.

Certain members of this board like to convict in advance.  Proof lies in the Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin discussions on here.

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

I agree with your statement.  But is the answer an allegation/suggestion/inference that this type of activity is commonplace in our society and looting, major demonstrations, and Federal investigations are the solution?  When you answer the question, please include a good sensible reason why we have done nothing about the murder of Kate Steinle.

you sound like my 5 yr old when he gets in trouble and says.........did it too

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Hey tobie, since you seem to care so much about blacks being killed, why not post on their extermination in Africa. They are being massacred, enslaved, and the young women, some not even reaching puberty, are sex slaves. How about all the black slaves that were slaughtered in the Colliseum in Rome. No one had asked that it be destroyed and it is still a wonder of the world, visited by millions of tourists every year. No, let's concentrate our efforts on the one guy in Minnesota.......one guy. I guess black lives really don't matter...especially to you. Only depends on what color the person is taking it because that somehow gives you the feeling of leverage.

i don't live in Africa and cops work for the citezens

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

I agree with your statement.  But is the answer an allegation/suggestion/inference that this type of activity is commonplace in our society and looting, major demonstrations, and Federal investigations are the solution?  When you answer the question, please include a good sensible reason why we have done nothing about the murder of Kate Steinle.

This is a classic case of deflecting. 

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He was shot by an Asian cop, so some of you that are white can stop being defensive and admit this is a senseless killing. Smh. Why was the girlfriend handcuffed?

If we don't have all the facts yet, perhaps it is better to wait for the investigative efforts rather than accepting your conclusion ( as in "hands up don't shoot)

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If we don't have all the facts yet, perhaps it is better to wait for the investigative efforts rather than accepting your conclusion ( as in "hands up don't shoot)

You just can't admit that the police officer may be wrong. Surely, you don't believe that every black person gunned down like an animal deserves it.

19 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You just can't admit that the police officer may be wrong. Surely, you don't believe that every black person gunned down like an animal deserves it.

First of all, your suggestion that every situation is " a black person gunned down like an animal" is a totally false narrative that you are promoting, just like "hands up don't shoot".  I know there are bad cops just as there are bad ones in every line of work.( yes there are cases of bad nurses that stole babies and killed patients either intentionally or via negligence, but we never hear about them)  I will be happy to admit the officer was wrong if and when there is evidence that he was wrong.  I am not inclined to rush to judgment( as you are inclined to do) if the victim is black and the officer is white) before all of the facts come out.  Please let me know this:  tell me how many shooting deaths take place in this country each year that involve a law enforcement officer and a citizen.  Within that number, tell me what percentage of those shootings involve a black citizen and a white policeman.  The percentage is miniscule- something you will not admit or acknowledge.

27 minutes ago, stevenash said:

First of all, your suggestion that every situation is " a black person gunned down like an animal" is a totally false narrative that you are promoting, just like "hands up don't shoot".  I know there are bad cops just as there are bad ones in every line of work.( yes there are cases of bad nurses that stole babies and killed patients either intentionally or via negligence, but we never hear about them)  I will be happy to admit the officer was wrong if and when there is evidence that he was wrong.  I am not inclined to rush to judgment( as you are inclined to do) if the victim is black and the officer is white) before all of the facts come out.  Please let me know this:  tell me how many shooting deaths take place in this country each year that involve a law enforcement officer and a citizen.  Within that number, tell me what percentage of those shootings involve a black citizen and a white policeman.  The percentage is miniscule- something you will not admit or acknowledge.

i guess we should follow the wait till the facts come out and accept the judgement in the Hillary emails also right.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

He was shot by an Asian cop, so some of you that are white can stop being defensive and admit this is a senseless killing. Smh. Why was the girlfriend handcuffed?

Travon Martin was shot by a Mexican, but whites were killed in his name.