Minnesota man killed by cops

new tobie

This is the hidden content, please

jeff riordan Retweeted KPRC 2 Houston

Coach Thompson, Crosby Def Coordinator's brother was one of the officers killed last night. Prayers for his family.

12 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Training. The last shooting locally where I watched the video, an officer fired 7 shots in about 2.5 seconds. 

It sure isn't TV where one hit is a kill and the man 

If a cop shoots someone and the person goes down, shouldn't the cop stop shooting? What is the procedure in these type of cases?

19 minutes ago, Big girl said:

At first she was calm, because she stated that he was shot in the arm. She probably didn't think it was a serious injury. She was on Facebook live to show what the officer was doing. Once she realized it was a potentially fatal injury she was hysterical. 

He was shot in the arm. Do you think maybe the officer thought the same thing? That it wasn't a fatal injury? It seems to me, if the officer was shooting to kill, it wouldn't have been in the arm.

Is an autopsy being done? The toxicology report may shed some more light.

19 hours ago, stevenash said:

First of all, your suggestion that every situation is " a black person gunned down like an animal" is a totally false narrative that you are promoting, just like "hands up don't shoot".  I know there are bad cops just as there are bad ones in every line of work.( yes there are cases of bad nurses that stole babies and killed patients either intentionally or via negligence, but we never hear about them)  I will be happy to admit the officer was wrong if and when there is evidence that he was wrong.  I am not inclined to rush to judgment( as you are inclined to do) if the victim is black and the officer is white) before all of the facts come out.  Please let me know this:  tell me how many shooting deaths take place in this country each year that involve a law enforcement officer and a citizen.  Within that number, tell me what percentage of those shootings involve a black citizen and a white policeman.  The percentage is miniscule- something you will not admit or acknowledge.

I said that EVERY black person gunned down is  not guilty of a crime. SOME are shot needlessly. It appears that you believe that the person shot ALWAYS causes his demise.

5 minutes ago, NDNation said:

He was shot in the arm. Do you think maybe the officer thought the same thing? That it wasn't a fatal injury? It seems to me, if the officer was shooting to kill, it wouldn't have been in the arm.

Is an autopsy being done? The toxicology report may shed some more light.

My understanding is that some believe that there was not a reason for the cop to shoot the guy. The brachial artery is in the arm, if it is severed by a bullet a person can "bleed out" in minutes.

12 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Just does not look good when officers shoot ppl running away, lying on their backs, or seemingly sitting in a car cooperating with the cop.  I understand that each case us different, and that on the surface is subject looks as though a shooting was not necessary.  I have the utmost respect for law enforcement, but starting to sense a few are giving the whole a black eye.

I agree

6 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I said that EVERY black person gunned down is  not guilty of a crime. SOME are shot needlessly. It appears that you believe that the person shot ALWAYS causes his demise.

We both know that there are exceptions in all different kinds of circumstances.  Lets change your comment to EVERY PERSON instead of EVERY BLACK PERSON gunned down in not guilty of a crime.  Wouldn't that be the more enlightened and objective way to state it?  First thing that comes to my mind are the five police officers killed in Dallas last night.  They were not guilty of a crime either.  Would you have an interest in discussing how those killings came about and who was responsible?  You gleefully participate in the narrative that law enforcement, in general, is out hunting down black people with the specific purpose of shooting/killing them and I very strongly disagree with that contention.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  Is it the exception rather the rule.  Study the numbers of black on black crime vs the numbers regarding white cops killing black citizens and then let me know where the real problem lies

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

My understanding is that some believe that there was not a reason for the cop to shoot the guy. The brachial artery is in the arm, if it is severed by a bullet a person can "bleed out" in minutes.

Im not taking up for the cop or the man that was shot. In the video, all we see is the aftermath of the incident. So how can we come to any conclusion before the investigation has been completed? We didn't hear the man tell the officer he had a gun. We didn't hear the officer ask for the mans ID.

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

We both know that there are exceptions in all different kinds of circumstances.  Lets change your comment to EVERY PERSON instead of EVERY BLACK PERSON gunned down in not guilty of a crime.  Wouldn't that be the more enlightened and objective way to state it?  First thing that comes to my mind are the five police officers killed in Dallas last night.  They were not guilty of a crime either.  Would you have an interest in discussing how those killings came about and who was responsible?  You gleefully participate in the narrative that law enforcement, in general, is out hunting down black people with the specific purpose of shooting/killing them and I very strongly disagree with that contention.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  Is it the exception rather the rule.  Study the numbers of black on black crime vs the numbers regarding white cops killing black citizens and then let me know where the real problem lies

Whomever shot them were wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Are you saying that we should ignore a cop shooting a black person without just cause, because blacks kill other blacks? You mentioned a girl named Kate. Are you saying that her death shouldn't matter because 87% of white people kill other whites?

8 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Im not taking up for the cop or the man that was shot. In the video, all we see is the aftermath of the incident. So how can we come to any conclusion before the investigation has been completed? We didn't hear the man tell the officer he had a gun. We didn't hear the officer ask for the mans ID.

I understand your point of view

6 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Whomever shot them were wrong and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Are you saying that we should ignore a cop shooting a black person without just cause, because blacks kill other blacks? You mentioned a girl named Kate. Are you saying that her death shouldn't matter because 87% of white people kill other whites?

I am saying that her life did matter but your current administration will not deal with it because the proposed Kates law does not give illegals ( and in this case, one who had been deported 5 times) special treatment and I have a problem with that and you should too.  I don't think there has been sufficient time yet to determine whether there was "just cause" involved in the Minnesota incident.  Rioting and looting are not the answer and never will be

8 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I understand your point of view

Thank You. I think there will be a lot of back lash from both incidents and unnecessary loss of life, which has already occurred. Once the crowds are incited, it's hard to put a damper on it at that point. People are hearing only what they want to. It doesn't matter what the truth is. 

56 minutes ago, 77 said:

After looking at the rap sheet for the man killed in Baton Rouge I feel the system failed him. He should have been in prison and then he would not have been killed!

The man was in front of a store selling  CD's. He was working. And yall still ain't satisfied. Yep, reminds me of the system. 

9 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

He was working and getting a second chance. 

working? what about the homeless man he pointed the gun at? I personally think his death could've been avoided, but his actions led to his death...

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

The man was in front of a store selling  CD's. He was working. And yall still ain't satisfied. Yep, reminds me of the system. 

I don't care what type of record he had, that doesn't make his killing justifiable . I don't see by looking at the video how he bought it on himself"

6 hours ago, NDNation said:

Thank You. I think there will be a lot of back lash from both incidents and unnecessary loss of life, which has already occurred. Once the crowds are incited, it's hard to put a damper on it at that point. People are hearing only what they want to. It doesn't matter what the truth is. 

I am frustrated,  but I realize after talking to one of my white friends that we most likely wont agree on every issue. My life experiences are not his life experiences. We don't  always see things the same. He thinks i make a big deal out of everything, but he thinks this shooting and the one is Baton Rouge was not justified. I know he is not a racist and he doesn't  always understand what my rants are about, but SOME people on this board are just racist and they disgust me.