2016/17 Hardin Jefferson Hawks

I think by the time next season rolls around the Hawks will be very capable of making a playoff run. They will be young no doubt but very athletic. The record this past season of the Freshman and JV teams I believe was 36-4. They will have 3 players returning on the varsity. I have always loved Parquets game and hope he makes a wise choice. If I had to rebuild with a young club I personally wouldn't mind having building blocks that were 36-4. Go Hawks !!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, Barney Fife said:

If parquet is going to Kelly. I'm sure his parents are very well aware of the yearly fees and are able to pay them themselves.  I have had the opportunity of watching him play a few times since he has been at HJ the kid can flat out play. BUT and that conjunction is always apart of every conversation.  HJ has always had a great coach leading a great program. One kid can help a program(Kelly LOL) but one kid leaving wont be the death of a  great program. I'm sure Coach Davis is going to miss this kid but life goes on and he is very well capable of preparing the next person in line for the job. Good luck to the kid, Kelly and HJ.

It was pointed out to me that my comments may have been misunderstood about the Parquets or any other family wishing to attend Kelly. I would like to clear up any misunderstanding. I would never assume that a family doesn't have the money to attend Kelly. I have no way of knowing anyone else's financial situation. I only pointed out the tuition schedule because the more you make, the more you pay. And the most important reason I listed it is because the rumors I am hearing is that people think they are coming on a scholarship...which doesn't exist. So if anyone were reading this that are planning to come to Kelly, I don't want them to base their decision on getting a scholarship and then get blindsided in August and have to scramble to make arrangements for another school. This has happened in the past. I know plenty of people who have the money to come to Kelly, but don't would rather not spend the money. That's why I said in an earlier post that having the money and being willing to spend it are two different things. So I NEVER doubted the Parquets have the money to come to Kelly. I just don't want them to think there's a scholarship out there. If I were moving my son, I would want all the details early so I can make a wise decision. Just trying to help.

35 minutes ago, winwin said:

It was pointed out to me that my comments may have been misunderstood about the Parquets or any other family wishing to attend Kelly. I would like to clear up any misunderstanding. I would never assume that a family doesn't have the money to attend Kelly. I have no way of knowing anyone else's financial situation. I only pointed out the tuition schedule because the more you make, the more you pay. And the most important reason I listed it is because the rumors I am hearing is that people think they are coming on a scholarship...which doesn't exist. So if anyone were reading this that are planning to come to Kelly, I don't want them to base their decision on getting a scholarship and then get blindsided in August and have to scramble to make arrangements for another school. This has happened in the past. I know plenty of people who have the money to come to Kelly, but don't would rather not spend the money. That's why I said in an earlier post that having the money and being willing to spend it are two different things. So I NEVER doubted the Parquets have the money to come to Kelly. I just don't want them to think there's a scholarship out there. If I were moving my son, I would want all the details early so I can make a wise decision. Just trying to help.

I think you were misunderstood for sure if that was what people took from it.  And looking at the tuition numbers, one thing jumped out at me.  It can certainly be argued that a middle class family might have the biggest burden in sending their kid(s) there.  What else is new in this world?

On 3/25/2016 at 11:02 AM, winwin said:

Are both of the brothers going? That adds to the cost. 

I'm honestly not understanding why any of them  that are rumored to be leaving would leave. 

yeah they will win district NO Tigers in the way. but the hawks should have Bernard, injured football player(tilly) ? Zane Z. returning. but in my opinion the jv was decent ....split with silsbee. didnt see the 9th grade but understand they were undefeated. should be a quality team again.

6 hours ago, Barney Fife said:

yeah they will win district NO Tigers in the way. but the hawks should have Bernard, injured football player(tilly) ? Zane Z. returning. but in my opinion the jv was decent ....split with silsbee. didnt see the 9th grade but understand they were undefeated. should be a quality team again.

Heard both of them might be gone as well, but hopefully not.

Just my $ 0.02 but I would rather play with a Varsity team full of freshman than play with ONE kid that does not want to be on the floor with your team or would rather be playing for someone else. 

I am not pointing fingers at any kid and I by no means want this statement to be seen as a knock on the kid, parent, or teams involved. The fact is that if they think leaving is the better choice or move for them then guess what it probably is, because the chances are if they don't leave I am not sure they would give 100% to a team if they would rather have been somewhere else. And that goes for any kid, any sport, at any school.

20 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Just my $ 0.02 but I would rather play with a Varsity team full of freshman than play with ONE kid that does not want to be on the floor with your team or would rather be playing for someone else. 

I am not pointing fingers at any kid and I by no means want this statement to be seen as a knock on the kid, parent, or teams involved. The fact is that if they think leaving is the better choice or move for them then guess what it probably is, because the chances are if they don't leave I am not sure they would give 100% to a team if they would rather have been somewhere else. And that goes for any kid, any sport, at any school.

AMEN!!!

20 minutes ago, MoFo said:

AMEN!!!

3 hours ago, MoFo said:

I can Definately agree with this!

12 hours ago, MoFo said:

Preach!

On 3/31/2016 at 11:24 AM, MoFo said:

MoFo keepin it real in here.  Amen brother!