Who is going to make the biggest rise/fall from last season?

Kegger

It's a slow Tuesday. Lets see if we can prove how smart we all are. Which area teams could make the biggest jump in success in 2016? I'm talking about not making the playoffs to contending for district or making a run a few rounds deep. Which teams could fall from playoff success to possibly not even making the playoffs this upcoming season?

I think both Liberty and Shepherd will be on the outside looking in come playoffs. Shepherd will have the advantage of playing in a 5 team district, but they lost some game changers on the D-line and their QB/FS. If they make it in, I think they would match up with WOS. 

7 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Silsbee was a one trick pony. don't see them beating navasota nor bridge city 

With 2 1000 yard receivers returning  and a 1000 yd RB returning , Silsbee was a 1 trick pony? 

With all due respect, you do not know what you are talking about.

5 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

That district runs through Navasota until someone beats them. It's already been said, but PA Memorial seems poised to take a big step up going from 6A to 5A.

Navasota lost a lot.

Silsbee is still the team to beat.

8 hours ago, wosfan1992 said:

Silsbee was a one trick pony. don't see them beating navasota nor bridge city 

We get it.  Conversation is old.  Some WOS posters did not recognize the Tigers achievement and that is that. 

However, Until Navasota loses to Silsbee, the District advantage is theirs by record and achievements with recent State Titles.  A legit program no doubt....

but I like the Tigers chances.

3 hours ago, Pepper Brooks said:

With 2 1000 yard receivers returning  and a 1000 yd RB returning , Silsbee was a 1 trick pony? 

With all due respect, you do not know what you are talking about.

Navasota lost a lot.

Silsbee is still the team to beat.

Silsbee is bringing in a new coach and they have to break in a new QB. Navasota is losing a lot but they are also known as a program that reloads as opposed to rebuilding. They return a 1,200 yard running back, an 800 yard WR and 3 of their top 5 leading tacklers back.

I'm not saying Silsbee can't win the district, I'm saying Navasota is the favorite until they are knocked from the top.

2 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Silsbee is bringing in a new coach and they have to break in a new QB. Navasota is losing a lot but they are also known as a program that reloads as opposed to rebuilding. They return a 1,200 yard running back, an 800 yard WR and 3 of their top 5 leading tacklers back.

I'm not saying Silsbee can't win the district, I'm saying Navasota is the favorite until they are knocked from the top.

We will just agree to disagree on Navasota.

They are the newcomers in the district. It will be a dogfight every Friday night. Navasota will not have the luxury of the weak HISD district that they were in for the past 2 yrs.

I am a little biased on this. I feel like a team that was so god awful the last 2 years could make a big jump (from where they were). Cleveland only had one win last year but were in a couple of dog fights. I was told they had around 10 Sophmores play significant time. If that is the case then they can only get better. Until I hear how their kids are working I'll stop short of a playoff birth. I could see them going 5-5. That is a big jump from going 4-16 the last two years.

23 hours ago, SilsbeeFootball15 said:

The loss of Dearing and Dubois will hurt more than you think...

Dubois little brother will be starting.  He took all of the JV snaps and has been in the system for years.  He brings more of a passing threat than the older brother did.  Dearing will be missed.  

However, Dearing wasn't a All-World Baylor Commit like Silsbee lost. Our entire O-line is returning... and they were very underrated as a unit last season.  Silsbee fan is more than willing to proclaim that their departed QB was the best in SETX.... losing him will hurt a lot more than losing big Dubois.  Our horse running back is returning as a senior, and the rest of the backfield should be healthy this year. 

Silsbee's fast offense doesn't mean alot when their defense gave up points as fast as the offense could score them.  Whichever team figures out how to play defense will be fighting Navasota for the DC.  At least that's how I see it.  But Huffman definitely needs to be in the conversation, and it's not impossible for LCM and/or Cleveland to get their act together and make some noise in the district. 

As far as 21-5A win total improvements I think it'll be Kingwood Park and Porter that will lead the way. KP only won three games last year but I think they'll finish second in district behind Crosby. They were inconsistent on varsity but the younger kids executed coach Maple's system to perfection last year. I also expect them to be the biggest team in the district at line of scrimmage.

The other team I think will improve from their 1 win last year is Porter. When Jim Holley was at KP I thought he was the second best coach in the district behind Riordan. KP never beat themselves under him and he always seemed to get more out of his team than the sum of their parts would indicate. One thing you know Holley's teams will do is play hard-nosed defense but I actually think it'll be the power run game he installs that gives 21-5A the most fits.

I think BH will improve but I also think they'll struggle at the qb position which will hinder them in some of the shootouts they'll be in. They're also so depleted talent wise at the younger level I think it'll be a couple of years before you really start to see real improvement, with Santa Fe and Vidor on the schedule in non-district they should have a better record though.