22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Ya'll better get ready for Roschon Johnson. He will be a Sophmore and QB for PNG. PNG will beat PAM. This will be the start of about 4 to 5 years that PNG will be very strong. You heard here first.

They said that 7 years ago when Fairycloth came in - they  won year 1 with Burnetts kids the we beat yall 6 straight!

This past year was supposed to be THE best ever - WTH happened? 

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Ya'll better get ready for Roschon Johnson. He will be a Sophmore and QB for PNG. PNG will beat PAM. This will be the start of about 4 to 5 years that PNG will be very strong. You heard here first.

Im sure hes a fine athlete, and good luck to the young man.....Until the Injuns can stop the run it will be MOTS.....You heard it here....again.

10 hours ago, Whoa said:

They said that 7 years ago when Fairycloth came in - they  won year 1 with Burnetts kids the we beat yall 6 straight!

This past year was supposed to be THE best ever - WTH happened? 

It's not ya'll,  I  live in Barbers Hill. I know the group that's about to be put on the field including Roschon. He's going to put a show on for you. Just sit back and enjoy it. I could careless about Nederland record against PNG.

12 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Nederland is the best coached team in the district, they will be in the hunt for DC year in and year out. Lumberton and Livingston fighting to stay out of the cellar.

Interesting you only mention Lumberton and Livingston.  In your mind,  are Ozen and Lee on another level above the 2 you mentioned? 

13 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Nederland is the best coached team in the district, they will be in the hunt for DC year in and year out. Lumberton and Livingston fighting to stay out of the cellar.

You apparently don't know this district.  You are correct in your 1st sentence but the second one is out of date.  Lumberton, in my opinion, will finish in 5th. Ozen (with their recent departures), Lee and Livingston will be fighting not to be last.

3 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Jag I was unaware of the players that have left Ozen, but they should have plenty left to compete. I did forget about Lee. Three team fight for cellar.

I'm quite sure that there is some talent over there but most is either strictly playing basketball or just walking the halls.  The instability of coaches and not enforcing school zones in Beaumont, in my opinion is what is hindering the Panthers.  I'm quite sure there are some returning Varsity players but it's hard for me to judge what they have coming up from JV.  Central JV beat Ozen JV 70-0 last year.  I don't know if Ozen was just that bad or Central just that good but after watching some of our springroup ball, have have my opinion...

This district is still Nederland's to lose. I cant come out and say a thing this year because we don't know who will be starting at QB. Only time will tell. I'm not sure what we have coming up from the ranks but I am hoping at best we make the playoffs. It will be a test every week for us, Considering we lost a very talented QB several wide outs and a decent RB at best. We will be small and with out a proven QB and someone to help out Mczeal who cant seem to catch a ball when it counts will be doing best to beat the cellar dwellers. This year will most likely be a one and done if we are lucky. I hope I'm wrong but I'm looking at a 3rd or 4th spot at best. I hear Johnson has some wheels but we need more than just speed from one player. Heard Boast was a very decent QB who knows, as far as I'm concerned just making the playoffs is a plus for us. Without A defense which we haven't had in 6 years it could be a long year for us. In the end we will get out coached as usual. Hope I'm wrong but it is a grasp.

22 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

So I'm assuming Roschon was the QB in the Crosby 7 on 7 Tournament? Indians lost to Kinkaid in the semifinals 39-26, beat Crosby earlier in the day 46-32. Yes I know 7 on 7 doesn't mean much. Crosby took down Barbers Hill 74-19 in the same tournament.

Yes, Roschon was QB. You sure on that BH/Crosby?

I didn't expect much this year from us. No excuses, but we are going to be super young. Our QB's will be one incoming Junior and 3 incoming Soph's. Most of varsity is going to be Sophmore and Junior's this year. Our kids are going to have to learn the system, and think it's going to take some. By next football season, we should be fine. Spring practice has went well so far on offense and defense. I think we have a couple skill kids in base also.

Crosby also lost their semifinal to St. Pius. As far as 22-5A I'm having a tough time getting a feel for a true favorite. Can't pick against Nederland. PA will have a tougher time than I think people are assuming. PNG lost a ton, but have talent coming up. Central should be dangerous. Lumberton and Vidor could be spoilers.

5 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I didn't expect much this year from us. No excuses, but we are going to be super young. Our QB's will be one incoming Junior and 3 incoming Soph's. Most of varsity is going to be Sophmore and Junior's this year. Our kids are going to have to learn the system, and think it's going to take some. By next football season, we should be fine. Spring practice has went well so far on offense and defense. I think we have a couple skill kids in base also.

I saw a really good kid as a freshman this fall at BH.  Tall with a strong arm that played on the freshman team.  I was telling people that this kid will be something once he gets older.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I saw a really good kid as a freshman this fall at BH.  Tall with a strong arm that played on the freshman team.  I was telling people that this kid will be something once he gets older.

Dalton Holland is the Freshman that is the incoming Sophmore. Strong arm and went to area or regionals in the hurdles on Varsity track this year. Good athlete.

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Dalton Holland is the Freshman that is the incoming Sophmore. Strong arm and went to area or regionals in the hurdles on Varsity track this year. Good athlete.

So he's an athlete too.  I didn't see his running skills when I seen him this fall,  but his arm strength and length will give him an edge...

10 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Crosby also lost their semifinal to St. Pius. As far as 22-5A I'm having a tough time getting a feel for a true favorite. Can't pick against Nederland. PA will have a tougher time than I think people are assuming. PNG lost a ton, but have talent coming up. Central should be dangerous. Lumberton and Vidor could be spoilers.

Central's defense is so stellar that it's hard to judge our offense in spring ball.  The spring game is next week so we'll see...

Pretty good assessment you gave...

On 5/19/2016 at 3:05 AM, ShlyKBMT said:

Well, we know who PAM's starting QB is going to be.  

This is the hidden content, please