22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, Razor said:

I assume that you are talking about George Ranch and that is fine...Nederland did play them and did take a thumping, just like PAM did...I was thinking more along the lines of the loss to Ozen, you know, the team that is in the district and did not make the playoffs...you can't lose to a non-playoff team from the district the year before and then enter the district proclaiming to be sure fired dominators.

I'll understand if you have erased that game from your memory

Ouch!

2 hours ago, Razor said:

I assume that you are talking about George Ranch and that is fine...Nederland did play them and did take a thumping, just like PAM did...I was thinking more along the lines of the loss to Ozen, you know, the team that is in the district and did not make the playoffs...you can't lose to a non-playoff team from the district the year before and then enter the district proclaiming to be sure fired dominators.

I'll understand if you have erased that game from your memory

Hasn't Nederland lost to a non-playoff team in district play the last 2 years as well?

3 hours ago, pakronos said:

OMG, really???? "they lost to a 5a school last year".... THAT 5A SCHOOL WOULD HAVE MOLLY WHOPPED ALL THE SCHOOLS IN THE AREA!!! THAT SCHOOL ALSO HAD 6A NUMBERS TO PAM'S 5A NUMBERS!!! WHICH BTW THEY ARE THE STATE CHAMPS...

now, as far as PAM dominating the district. well, like  i said at the end of last year....if xbox makes the right choice at qb, will determine how far PAM will go. if he gives his son the nod, 4th place or missing the playoffs. if he gives the underclassman the nod, then PAM will be the district champ or second place. the underclassman qb IS THE BEST QB IN THE DISTRICT...PERIOD!! THE RUNNING BACK WILL BE A SURPRISE AND IF THE RIGHT QB is starting, holes will open up from whoever is running the ball as all defenses will key in on the qb. they still have wr's that can catch and run. they have THE BEST CORNER IN THE DISTRICT returning that is also dangerous on special teams and can play wr. the OL and DL are my concerns along with questionable play calling. i will also say i hate when people assume PAM should run away with this district. that info should be kept "in house". realistically looking at the situation, people still think #4 is lining up in the backfield smh...all the tough teams PAM faced in the past means NOTHING!! the kids playing this year was in pop warner when PAM had the toughest schedule in the triangle. so maybe the ones returning can say well, nederland and png are far from NS and LP as in midcounnty< ns/lp.  beaumont folks...STOP!!! PAM ran through Central like a hot knife through butter and last year PAM team was pitiful!!!! Ozen 1st win ever and it wasn't a blow out. last min. L=Train, is that what ya'll call yourselves still??? well more like thomas the train. so the district is there for the taking, but xbox HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS FROM JUMP!!!

Sideline problems, Ozen last minute win, wrong qb playing, and biased refs in Mid County...WOW!!!!!!!! 

Pokeyournose, I was referring to the lose to Ozen that you all had, not George Ranch.  Yes Central lost to PAM but got it together when it counted in district.  The losses to PA-M and Summer Creek last year, in my opinion, let us know the wrong kid was playing QB the 1st 3 games and that the 2 back sets was more productive than the 1 back sets.  At least our coaching staff realized that and made the changes.  Do you think Harrison will do that this year?  Not.  His son will be the week 1 starter which should be fine as long as he plays well.  The difference is will the Titan staff have the b*lls to put pride to the side and play the better QB according to you?  Probably not till after week 4...

47 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

That wasn't Razors point. 

16 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Hasn't Nederland lost to a non-playoff team in district play the last 2 years as well?

I never said that they didn't...I'm just not on here proclaiming them to be the undisputed kings of 22-5A next year...I admitted that my pick was a homer pick although the fact that they have won or at least shared the title 5 years straight makes the argument a bit easier to make...that being said, Nederland will have to earn a 6th if they want it, just like everyone else, including the might PAM

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Pokeyournose, I was referring to the lose to Ozen that you all had, not George Ranch.  Yes Central lost to PAM but got it together when it counted in district.  The losses to PA-M and Summer Creek last year, in my opinion, let us know the wrong kid was playing QB the 1st 3 games and that the 2 back sets was more productive than the 1 back sets.  At least our coaching staff realized that and made the changes.  Do you think Harrison will do that this year?  Not.  His son will be the week 1 starter which should be fine as long as he plays well.  The difference is will the Titan staff have the b*lls to put pride to the side and play the better QB according to you?  Probably not till after week 4...

Great and excellent post!!

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Sounds to me like certain PA fans are already lining up their excuses for a sub-par showing in 22-5A this year.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, MAYFIELD said:

If Crosby is the "Mecca" of 21-5A-Is Memorial the "Hova" of 22-5A

LOL. In the words of LilTex, Neumann = 1-5 against Crosby in his career. If PAM puts it on y'all like that "Daddy" might be more appropriate than "Hova". In a few short years we've gone from your coach running his mouth calling Crosby "scared" to line it up to his team being taken off the schedule due to lack of competition and athletes. C'mon Mayfield, Crosby and Dayton have been tag teaming y'all like education majors.

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

LOL. In the words of LilTex, Neumann = 1-5 against Crosby in his career. If PAM puts it on y'all like that "Daddy" might be more appropriate than "Hova". In a few short years we've gone from your coach running his mouth calling Crosby "scared" to line it up to his team being taken off the schedule due to lack of competition and athletes. C'mon Mayfield, Crosby and Dayton have been tag teaming y'all like education majors.

LOL.  Dayton can't beat Ned in the playoffs and Crosby can't make it past the third round but one time in the last 30 years.  Crosby is a legend in their own minds and still riding Dayton's jock.

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So you making your own story quotes I see, lack of competition and athletes. YOU speak of last year game the highly Mecca shook, and was very nervous until the late 4th run. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy watching your team, but lack of competition PLEASE. When it is all said and done the HOLY MECCA feels us every time we play.  And if yall think you are that great, why Memorial or WOS never on yall schedule.

17 hours ago, bigdog said:

LOL.  Dayton can't beat Ned in the playoffs and Crosby can't make it past the third round but one time in the last 30 years.  Crosby is a legend in their own minds and still riding Dayton's jock.

Go look at the compilation of number for the last 10 years, it would probably shock you to know that Crosby ranks second in every category behind only Dayton. That's with Ned going to the regional final and winning all those consecutive district games. Ned can't beat Crosby in the playoffs either, Neumann couldn't even outcoach Flannigan in their postseason matchups. Nobody in Crosby is riding Dayton's jock, trust me, there's nothing over there we would prefer over what we have in Crosby.   

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Seems like I remember this talk last year.

Bottom Line is Neumann - year in and year out - is at the top of our district or close.  State Champ.s WELL nobody but WOS can claim that.  In the big picture Ned PNG BH Crosby PAM etc... nobody has done much.

So enjoy the great programs like Nederland and PNG have and take it for what its worth.

BTW Flannagan really?

13 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

So you making your own story quotes I see, lack of competition and athletes. YOU speak of last year game the highly Mecca shook, and was very nervous until the late 4th run. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy watching your team, but lack of competition PLEASE. When it is all said and done the HOLY MECCA feels us every time we play.  And if yall think you are that great, why Memorial or WOS never on yall schedule.

Here's the box score from last year, at what point were we shaking? We were waiting to blow it open, kind of like the time we dropped 56 on y'all in Crosby and Neumann shut it down with 6 or 7 mins left in the 4th so we wouldn't get 60+:

This is the hidden content, please

PAM was on the schedule for week 3 if we were in an 8 team district. The reason we don't play WOS is because we can play more high profile games against better teams that get us ready for playoff competition in our own class, which is why Crosby has Manvel and Reagan on the non-district schedule next year. Manvel signed twelve D1 kids off last year's squad and Reagan finished 9-2 in second place in the 6A HISD district behind Lamar. Those schools are a lot closer to what we'll see later in the 5A playoffs versus playing someone like WOS.  

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Here's the box score from last year, at what point were we shaking? We were waiting to blow it open, kind of like the time we dropped 56 on y'all in Crosby and Neumann shut it down with 6 or 7 mins left in the 4th so we wouldn't get 60+:

This is the hidden content, please

PAM was on the schedule for week 3 if we were in an 8 team district. The reason we don't play WOS is because we can play more high profile games against better teams that get us ready for playoff competition in our own class, which is why Crosby has Manvel and Reagan on the non-district schedule next year. Manvel signed twelve D1 kids off last year's squad and Reagan finished 9-2 in second place in the 6A HISD district behind Lamar. Those schools are a lot closer to what we'll see later in the 5A playoffs versus playing someone like WOS.  

I would want to play a State Champ if I was considered a Mecca School.