22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

Going off what teams have coming back and what I saw from the previous season, my feeble mind predicts the following going into Week 11:

Vidor (2-5) vs PA Memorial (7-0): PAM plays their Freshman 2nd string while resting their bellcows heading into the playoffs. Vidor laments the day that Port Arthur dropped to 5A.

Port Neches-Groves (6-1) vs Nederland (6-1): Both w/ Losses to PAM, battle for 2nd in District. Larry and BF secretly agree to play the 2s in the second half to see what they have coming "next season" so the old timers can drink coffee and debate games from the 1950s about which school is better. A mysterious 8th grade kicker puts it though the uprights for the win. Venues, dates and times for playoff opponents were made well in advance of Mid County Madness. 

Lee (1-6) vs Central (4-3): Central gets into the playoffs with a 5th win, Foreman waves his towel around getting the Jaguar faithful pumped for a Bi-District game at the Butch. 

Livingston (0-7) vs Ozen (3-4): Ozen finishes district play @ 4-4 and misses the playoffs due to losses at the hands of PAM, PNG, Nederland and Central. They can care less because it's basketball season, and Livingston's punishment for submitting false numbers is finally at a close.

Lumberton (3-5) Bye: Coach knows how to roll out the balls for basketball tryouts. 

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

Going off what teams have coming back and what I saw from the previous season, my feeble mind predicts the following going into Week 11:

Vidor (2-5) vs PA Memorial (7-0): PAM plays their Freshman 2nd string while resting their bellcows heading into the playoffs. Vidor laments the day that Port Arthur dropped to 5A.

Port Neches-Groves (6-1) vs Nederland (6-1): Both w/ Losses to PAM, battle for 2nd in District. Larry and BF secretly agree to play the 2s in the second half to see what they have coming "next season" so the old timers can drink coffee and debate games from the 1950s about which school is better. A mysterious 8th grade kicker puts it though the uprights for the win. Venues, dates and times for playoff opponents were made well in advance of Mid County Madness. 

Lee (1-6) vs Central (4-3): Central gets into the playoffs with a 5th win, Foreman waves his towel around getting the Jaguar faithful pumped for a Bi-District game at the Butch. 

Livingston (0-7) vs Ozen (3-4): Ozen finishes district play @ 4-4 and misses the playoffs due to losses at the hands of PAM, PNG, Nederland and Central. They can care less because it's basketball season, and Livingston's punishment for submitting false numbers is finally at a close.

Lumberton (3-5) Bye: Coach knows how to roll out the balls for basketball tryouts. 

LMAO

4 hours ago, The Icon said:

Icon, it sounds like you've been drinking that brackish water from the Intracoastal canal. 

PAM made it to the Semi's in '11 and got blown out by Steel......

Inspite of Xbox.....

I'm hoping they still have their 6A speed going from chasing LP's and NS's to Lumberington...... but

Xbox will find a way

LaneKiffen Foreman will find away.......

2 loose to inferior teams as far as talent

It wouldn't surprise me if PAM/Central is for 4th place........

1 hour ago, SFA85 said:

Inspite of Xbox.....

I'm hoping they still have their 6A speed going from chasing LP's and NS's to Lumberington...... but

Xbox will find a way

Once again, where are you coaching at calling the plays???

PA-M and Central will be fine.  It wouldn't surprise me if they finished 1 and 2...

43 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Once again, where are you coaching at calling the plays???

PA-M and Central will be fine.  It wouldn't surprise me if they finished 1 and 2...

Inspite of Xbox.....

Xbox will find a way

I, among others, are in the stands pissed off and the lack of strategy.  In 2016, for the most part, those coaches are still trying to out-talent teams vs. having a clear strategy........

Obviously I must have overlooked this topic, to which brings me to tears laughing over Memorial being 7-0. When it boils down to overall talent, because many of you are looking at their recruitment instead of their performance. I stand to differ with anyone who doubt my Dogs, and the system to which my Dogs are trained and prepared. I have heard it all from speed, size, and D1 prospect but yall   never mention the most important thing "HEART".

So come line up with the best, bring that ego and when it's all said and done-BOW DOWN!!!!!

Man, everybody knows exactly what the coaches are doing on the sideline. And during the week to get ready. That must be how someone can determine that there's no strategy by a coach from the stands. Good thing there aren't stands at everyone's jobs for people to come and watch and criticize.

Nederland will always be a factor, until the week comes that they are mathematically out of the district championship race. But that doesn't mean other schools don't have a shot. Even Nederland lost to a team the last couple seasons that no one thought they would. They're far from perfect. But they do a damn good job coaching up the talent they do have.

I'll be following from FL and hope it's a great district race.

This is just my opinion. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if the players do not believe in the coach, the program, in them selves, and #1 have hart, then talent is nothing. Players that come together as a TEAM and believe in the coach and them selves will compete and win, those that don't will fail. Just looking at this district over the past couple of years I see at least 4 coaches that have players that believe, have hart, and play as a team, and in the end those teams will be the top 4 teams in the district.

5 hours ago, Raiders94 said:

This is just my opinion. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if the players do not believe in the coach, the program, in them selves, and #1 have hart, then talent is nothing. Players that come together as a TEAM and believe in the coach and them selves will compete and win, those that don't will fail. Just looking at this district over the past couple of years I see at least 4 coaches that have players that believe, have hart, and play as a team, and in the end those teams will be the top 4 teams in the district.

I agree with what you said but in the end you still need talent, otherwise you just end up being Vidor. A prime example was Lumberton in bi-district last year. I'm sure the kids played with all the heart they had, but were still down 35-0 at halftime to a team who admittedly wasn't on the same page all year. I know in 21-5A the last four years the most talented teams have made the playoffs with the exception of Humble.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree with what you said but in the end you still need talent, otherwise you just end up being Vidor. A prime example was Lumberton in bi-district last year. I'm sure the kids played with all the heart they had, but were still down 35-0 at halftime to a team who admittedly wasn't on the same page all year. I know in 21-5A the last four years the most talented teams have made the playoffs with the exception of Humble.  

Understandable! Ok look at Lumberton, it was the coaches first year with a team that won maybe 3 games the year before. The coach took that same group of players gave them something to believe in and made it to bi-district. Now that the coach has spent a year with all of the players that are coming up from freshman and JV they all believe in the program and will work hard for the coaches. I see it everyday, I have a freshman at Lumberton and all of the players are working hard everyday on their own time to be better. You have to admit, you don't see that everywhere. 

16 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Man, everybody knows exactly what the coaches are doing on the sideline. And during the week to get ready. That must be how someone can determine that there's no strategy by a coach from the stands. Good thing there aren't stands at everyone's jobs for people to come and watch and criticize.

Nederland will always be a factor, until the week comes that they are mathematically out of the district championship race. But that doesn't mean other schools don't have a shot. Even Nederland lost to a team the last couple seasons that no one thought they would. They're far from perfect. But they do a damn good job coaching up the talent they do have.

I'll be following from FL and hope it's a great district race.

In my saying many thinks just because Memorial is dropping, that means they just breeze through this District. Not saying coaches don't have game plans if that is what most think I was saying. I guarantee you if Memorial rolls 7-0 they will get all props from me, and I will be proud of them as a Bumblebee that I am. If they are to succeed they better not take any in this district lightly.

Here's my take on Memorial dropping to 5A...they will certainly be a consistent contender in the district and having them adds another talented team and likely creates some new rivalries, which I think is great...the distrct is certainly deeper and tougher with them in it.

Now crowning them as sure thing champs is foolish IMO....heck, they lost to 5A schools just last season, so pretending that they cannot be beaten in this district is crazy.

I'll be the homer and pick the Dogs again, but I do have 5 years of history riding on my side (outright or at least share of DC)...until someone proves different....

OMG, really???? "they lost to a 5a school last year".... THAT 5A SCHOOL WOULD HAVE MOLLY WHOPPED ALL THE SCHOOLS IN THE AREA!!! THAT SCHOOL ALSO HAD 6A NUMBERS TO PAM'S 5A NUMBERS!!! WHICH BTW THEY ARE THE STATE CHAMPS...

now, as far as PAM dominating the district. well, like  i said at the end of last year....if xbox makes the right choice at qb, will determine how far PAM will go. if he gives his son the nod, 4th place or missing the playoffs. if he gives the underclassman the nod, then PAM will be the district champ or second place. the underclassman qb IS THE BEST QB IN THE DISTRICT...PERIOD!! THE RUNNING BACK WILL BE A SURPRISE AND IF THE RIGHT QB is starting, holes will open up from whoever is running the ball as all defenses will key in on the qb. they still have wr's that can catch and run. they have THE BEST CORNER IN THE DISTRICT returning that is also dangerous on special teams and can play wr. the OL and DL are my concerns along with questionable play calling. i will also say i hate when people assume PAM should run away with this district. that info should be kept "in house". realistically looking at the situation, people still think #4 is lining up in the backfield smh...all the tough teams PAM faced in the past means NOTHING!! the kids playing this year was in pop warner when PAM had the toughest schedule in the triangle. so maybe the ones returning can say well, nederland and png are far from NS and LP as in midcounnty< ns/lp.  beaumont folks...STOP!!! PAM ran through Central like a hot knife through butter and last year PAM team was pitiful!!!! Ozen 1st win ever and it wasn't a blow out. last min. L=Train, is that what ya'll call yourselves still??? well more like thomas the train. so the district is there for the taking, but xbox HAVE TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS FROM JUMP!!!

I assume that you are talking about George Ranch and that is fine...Nederland did play them and did take a thumping, just like PAM did...I was thinking more along the lines of the loss to Ozen, you know, the team that is in the district and did not make the playoffs...you can't lose to a non-playoff team from the district the year before and then enter the district proclaiming to be sure fired dominators.

I'll understand if you have erased that game from your memory

17 minutes ago, Razor said:

I assume that you are talking about George Ranch and that is fine...Nederland did play them and did take a thumping, just like PAM did...I was thinking more along the lines of the loss to Ozen, you know, the team that is in the district and did not make the playoffs...you can't lose to a non-playoff team from the district the year before and then enter the district proclaiming to be sure fired dominators.

I'll understand if you have erased that game from your memory

welp, that game was lost on the sideline and also lost in the last minute of the game on a 4th down play.