22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

IMO...

PAM wins the district

Nederland might share the title with them, but more than likely runner up

Central comes in a strong 3rd

PNG squeaks in the 4th spot.

PAM has far superior athletes. The drop makes them legit.

Nederland has LN, and a slew of returners.

Central has great athletes.

BF sneaks us in with wins over the bottom half..

10 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Here is my official way too early prediction...The district will end in a 3 way tie with PA-M, PN-G and Central.  PA-M will beat PN-G.  PN-G will beat Central.  Central will beat PA-M.

1T. Beaumont Central...9 starters return on defense.  A bunch of juniors and sophomores played last year along with the district champs in JV translate to good things this year.  In my opinion, with Whaley being gone, it will benefit the offense in opening it up and not being so predictable.  The one district loss comes on the road agains Indians...

1T. Port Arthur Memorial...after playing much bigger schools like North Shore, Deer Park, etc., dropping down is a big confidence booster for the Titans.  Because of this, I could see them just as prolific as the team that went to the state quarterfinals a couple of years ago.  Along with Coach Harrison trying to keep his job, the Titans will have no mercy on the smaller schools of the district.  They do stumble cor their only district loss against the Jaguars. 

1T. Port Neches-Groves...the Indians will continue to reload and Faircloth will COACH this team to a piece of the district title.  Indians only district loss will come at the hands of the Titans.

4. Nederland...Nederland is Nederland.  Neumann will find a way to get it done.  He may not win district this year but they will be in the playoffs again.  Bulldogs will loose to all 3 district front runners.

5. Lumberton...Babin and the Raiders will come up a little short of making the playoffs this go around.

6. Vidor...the style of offense will keep them in many games, the defense will let them out.

7. Beaumont Ozen...gone is the all district QB but they do have the best RB back in the district.  He is not enough and with the lack of depth at other positions, he won't have numbers like last year. 

8. Baytown Lee...no longer the cellar dwellers.

9. Livingston...the new cellar dwellars.

That is a fair prediction.  If I was laying odds in Vegas,  that would look mostly correct. But strange things happen when you put teenage boys under the Friday night lights. 

I think everyone is giving PAM too much credit based on the number of athletes they have. Yall do realize GCM had a higher enrollment the last 2 years than PAM and didn't make the playoffs in 22-5A right?    That says a lot about the impact coaching has on winning. How good is the PA coach?

14 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

That is a fair prediction.  If I was laying odds in Vegas,  that would look mostly correct. But strange things happen when you put teenage boys under the Friday night lights. 

I think everyone is giving PAM too much credit based on the number of athletes they have. Yall do realize GCM had a higher enrollment the last 2 years than PAM and didn't make the playoffs in 22-5A right?    That says a lot about the impact coaching has on winning. How good is the PA coach?

All I know is the lost to Ozen last season 

Its not the enrollment numbers you have to worry about. In the old 21-6a we went up against almost double/past double our enrollment almost every district game. PAM will not be unbeatable they'll have athletes and they will have size and speed. Last two years we would have suck regardless of classification. I believe this year will be different because what we have returning and the drop off in competition no diss . I'll just say I think PAM will be in the mix for district champs. 

1 minute ago, NDFan09 said:

Not a prediction on where teams finish, but it will be interesting to see Ned and Png play in the last week of district again. It has been a while since that has happened, and should add some more intensity in the final week of district play.

I like MCM being the last game. Both teams will have run the gauntlet in district.

Here you go WOS-Grad...

Finalized schedule: Beaumont Central 

Scrimmage @ Channelview 

Week 1 @ Beaumont West Brook 

Week 2 Katy Thompkins (Saturday)

Week 3 Vidor (Saturday)

Week 4 @ Port Arthur Memorial

Week 5 Bye

Week 6 @ Beaumont Ozen

Week 7 @ Nederland

Week 8 Lumberton (Homecoming)

Week 9 @ Port Neches-Groves

Week 10 Livingston

Week 11 @ Baytown Lee

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Its not the enrollment numbers you have to worry about. In the old 21-6a we went up against almost double/past double our enrollment almost every district game. PAM will not be unbeatable they'll have athletes and they will have size and speed. Last two years we would have suck regardless of classification. I believe this year will be different because what we have returning and the drop off in competition no diss . I'll just say I think PAM will be in the mix for district champs. 

If you are talking about returning starters, then I agree.  i just don't know what PAM has returning.

Speaking of returners, if Central really is returning 9 starters on that defense I saw this year, they would be favored imo.  I might sound crazy for saying this but I honestly don't think losing Whaley will hurt Central all that much.

9 minutes ago, fox said:

I really like MCM the last week even though we are at PNG again - doesn't matter last year they wheeled the 53/55 and75 State Champs on the field and we still spanked them.  This year they are supposed to have a drop in talent with Morse, Sullivan, Giblin, Annibolli, etc... gone.  No experience at Qb, way less at WR and we have Neauman who likes to win when it counts and they have a guy interested in passing records no matter what.

When was the last time PNG beat us?????  Maybe year 1 with Burnett's group that Faircloth inherited??

40 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

If you are talking about returning starters, then I agree.  i just don't know what PAM has returning.

Speaking of returners, if Central really is returning 9 starters on that defense I saw this year, they would be favored imo.  I might sound crazy for saying this but I honestly don't think losing Whaley will hurt Central all that much.

I agree on the Whaley part. Good kid and would love to have him back this year but the offense was too predictable.  I think the other kids depended on him too much.  The Jags started the year out playing mostly in a one back set.  It wasn't until district I think they that they went to a 2 back set with the Foster kid and that's when he started having great games.  Defenses couldn't just key on Whaley.  Foster and Corbin will be the feature backs this year and they both are juniors. If any kind of passing attack develops, the Jaguars in my opinion could push for the district title.

Sometimes I wonder about the IQ... Well maybe all the time...

my opinions are based on talent level. I personally know what PNG and Nederland have coming back.. This will be more of a rebuilding year for PNG. I call it rebuilding because I really don't have a better term. It's hard to rebuild from a 2nd round year, but that was a step up from previous years. I also hate the idea of MCM being the last game before the playoffs. For the simple fact, you hate to go into the playoffs on a loss.. And yes Bulldog nation, I said it... 7 in a row is more than likely the result of that game.. I do think that PAM will do well. I'm not a KH fan, but it's really easy to coach when you have the best athletes on the field week in week out.. And that will be the case.. LN will have another good team at Nederland, both lines will be stout and I don't think they will miss a beat from last year, might actually be even better if Mayfield is playing QB.  Central has good athletes, but is held back by other issues.. So once again, I set it up like this...

PAM

Ned

Central 

PNG

On 2/19/2016 at 4:03 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think Nederland normally has 'that player'.  You know, Krautze, Saey, Benjamin, the Meats, ext.  I don't think there are any of those players coming.  That's why I said that.  Cupboard is dry...

Nederland got a few players coming off freshman team that should make an impact next 3 years & continue the "that player" tradition. The freshman team beat CROSBY BOTH BMT TEAMS & all the other district teams soundly except png, which they split the games with each team winning close games at home. Not sure the cupboard is dry yet my friend but i like everyone that keeps doubting Nederland every year...

It's really a compliment...  Because Coach Neumann always seem to find 'that player' and utilizes the heck out of them and have been for about 5 years making a serious district championship run, whereas teams like Central and Ozen has 'those players' full of  talent, speed, athleticism and lose to those Nederland teams.  Just imagine if the Nederland had Ozen, Memorial, or Central's talent to his disposal...  It's a head shaker, that's for sure....

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

To think PAM will not matchup well in this district is a pipedream. However you never know with X-Box Kenny at the helm. 

To early for a prediction for me. I do not even know who PNG's QB will be next season...

It better be Johnson if PNG is not playing politics.  But believe me, I hope it is someone else.

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It better be Johnson if PNG is not playing politics.  But believe me, I hope it is someone else.

Agree, but look for the Bost kid to play and he is a HELL of an athlete. They will justify it by saying they need Johnson at WR but BS. Lets revisit in August.