22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I put that there because of a few things.  Jags return virtually everyone from a defense that was tops or 2nd to tops in the district.  (9 or 10 returning starters in defense including the defensive player of the year).  Also, they are one of the few teams that return a starting QB.  On offense, they inherited a really good JV squad that I believe only lost 1 game last year that will translate really well to varsity.

What you said...9 starters on defense...

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Ok . Serious prediction now. I predict Lumberton beats Memorial to grab the 4th spot. You heard it here first.  PNG, Central and Nederland in the other 3 spots. 

No disrespect to Lumberton because they have been a district foe for a while now, but like I said in another thread somewhere else, if Memorial looses that game and misses the playoffs, the Titans will have a new ball coach in 2017...you heard that here first...

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

I follow SETX/Greater Houston in general 

I'm not from here, but I guess you could say I follow the mid county schools the closest. Co-workers' kids, blah blah blah

I got to watch Central vs Nederland and PN-G. Central's line was suspect at best, the QB was indecisive and they've graduated their best offensive weapon. I'll give you that the defense was pretty solid. However, Central lost to Ned and PNG, and were taken to the wire by Lumberton. All in all, I don't see them winning the district. 

I've been wrong before, and I'll be the first to tell you: You told me so.

Understood....  And good explanation and observation.  

22 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

No disrespect to Lumberton because they have been a district foe for a while now, but like I said in another thread somewhere else, if Memorial looses that game and misses the playoffs, the Titans will have a new ball coach in 2017...you heard that here first...

I second that...

On February 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and here's the thing...Central and Ozen has an advantage as they've been playing PAM for years and are very familiar with them.  The only difference is that it's in district.  

And BTW, Memorial's big gun will be playing at Baylor next year, so you probably won't get a super charged PAM team like the one that marched to the State simis a few years ago...

Yes you all will

PNG is breaking in a brand new QB after graduating the best in district. The new QB will either be Bost or Johnson. I am leaning te=owards the latter of the two. He will only be a sophmore which will require some growing pains. PNG will return a whole host of Indians from last seaosn. Jayce Rubbles, McZeal, 3 Olineman, 3 d linemen, 1 in the DB. For those of you who do not know about Johnson. go watch a track meet this kid is fast he does not loose much with the pads on either. I am interested to see what FC does to adjust his offense to accomodate this kids running style. Should be a fun season to be an Indian fan. Way to early for me to predict. Especially with a host of talented Titans joining our district and my knowledge level of them anfd Livingston is lacking right now.. Looks like a fun year in store for us.

13 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

It's nothing personal. Just my opinion. Didn't Central finish 3rd this year? And beat the 4th place team on a hail mary as time expired? They lose a highly recruited D1 RB and add PAM to the district. 1st place? LMBO

My district predictions are not homer at all.  I explained above who I feel that way.  

On 2/19/2016 at 5:34 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, you're right.  I have said that for 5 years.  Lol .  

But I figure that the annual and secret Nederland spring game will hold more meaning now that PAM is here and that big bad mean Soulja is one again doubting you again...  

Lol.  I have offered to get you into the "double secret" spring game  practice, just let me know.  As far as Ned goes , I believe they have 7 coming back on defense and 6 on offense coming back so I don't see a big drop off coming.  There will be growing pains for the new QB but Barrow and Neumann always coach them up and they are fine by district.  I don't know what they have coming up from the lower ranks maybe someone else can speak to that.

On February 19, 2016 at 4:03 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think Nederland normally has 'that player'.  You know, Krautze, Saey, Benjamin, the Meats, ext.  I don't think there are any of those players coming.  That's why I said that.  Cupboard is dry...

Well we do have a Willy Ray Smith Finalist coming back in Mayfield, you will be hearing his name a lot next year. Safety and possibly QB he played there his freshman year. He will be our "that player"

On February 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I put that there because of a few things.  Jags return virtually everyone from a defense that was tops or 2nd to tops in the district.  (9 or 10 returning starters in defense including the defensive player of the year).  Also, they are one of the few teams that return a starting QB.  On offense, they inherited a really good JV squad that I believe only lost 1 game last year that will translate really well to varsity.

JV squad doesn't always translate "really well" on varsity level. How many starters were sophomores? I believe it was a few years ago when Vidor JV squad were blowing teams out but there were 10 juniors start on both sides of the ball. 

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

JV squad doesn't always translate "really well" on varsity level. How many starters were sophomores? I believe it was a few years ago when Vidor JV squad were blowing teams out but there were 10 juniors start on both sides of the ball. 

Well, I was mainly high in all the defense that returns...  

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:11 AM, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Dang Lumberton makes the playoffs with Babin as his first year as head coach and can't get any respect? Keep doubting my Raiders and see what happens. These boys are working hard to prove everyone wrong again next season

I think its good that we are under the radar. :) 

1. PAM - Biggest school with the best players. With addition of one of Crosby's coaches to their staff I think they'll backstroke through most of the district schedule, may have an off night and lose once though.

2. Nederland - For whatever reason y'all can't beat them over there.

3. Central - Second best athletes behind PAM, an efficient offense might have them district runner-up.

4. Ozen/PNG - Winner of this one probably gets 4th place. May come down to who's the healthiest when these two play. I think Suggs may have a slight coaching advantage over Fairclothe with even teams.

Here is my official way too early prediction...The district will end in a 3 way tie with PA-M, PN-G and Central.  PA-M will beat PN-G.  PN-G will beat Central.  Central will beat PA-M.

1T. Beaumont Central...9 starters return on defense.  A bunch of juniors and sophomores played last year along with the district champs in JV translate to good things this year.  In my opinion, with Whaley being gone, it will benefit the offense in opening it up and not being so predictable.  The one district loss comes on the road agains Indians...

1T. Port Arthur Memorial...after playing much bigger schools like North Shore, Deer Park, etc., dropping down is a big confidence booster for the Titans.  Because of this, I could see them just as prolific as the team that went to the state quarterfinals a couple of years ago.  Along with Coach Harrison trying to keep his job, the Titans will have no mercy on the smaller schools of the district.  They do stumble cor their only district loss against the Jaguars. 

1T. Port Neches-Groves...the Indians will continue to reload and Faircloth will COACH this team to a piece of the district title.  Indians only district loss will come at the hands of the Titans.

4. Nederland...Nederland is Nederland.  Neumann will find a way to get it done.  He may not win district this year but they will be in the playoffs again.  Bulldogs will loose to all 3 district front runners.

5. Lumberton...Babin and the Raiders will come up a little short of making the playoffs this go around.

6. Vidor...the style of offense will keep them in many games, the defense will let them out.

7. Beaumont Ozen...gone is the all district QB but they do have the best RB back in the district.  He is not enough and with the lack of depth at other positions, he won't have numbers like last year. 

8. Baytown Lee...no longer the cellar dwellers.

9. Livingston...the new cellar dwellars.

41 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

1. PAM - Biggest school with the best players. With addition of one of Crosby's coaches to their staff I think they'll backstroke through most of the district schedule, may have an off night and lose once though.

2. Nederland - For whatever reason y'all can't beat them over there.

3. Central - Second best athletes behind PAM, an efficient offense might have them district runner-up.

4. Ozen/PNG - Winner of this one probably gets 4th place. May come down to who's the healthiest when these two play. I think Suggs may have a slight coaching advantage over Fairclothe with even teams.

Pretty good explanation...

On 2/19/2016 at 4:03 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think Nederland normally has 'that player'.  You know, Krautze, Saey, Benjamin, the Meats, ext.  I don't think there are any of those players coming.  That's why I said that.  Cupboard is dry...

You're mistaken. His name is Tavian Mayfield.  Oh and Connor Perkins, Jalin Johnson, Dean Fisher, Tiren Forney, Sean Nguyen, Corbin Smith and Ryan Leleux. That's just naming a few guys coming back. Trust me, the Bulldogs will make the playoffs and I would start by predicting them to win district again.