22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

17 hours ago, MAYFIELD said:

I would want to play a State Champ if I was considered a Mecca School.

Foster played a state champ and beat them by 28. Then they played King and won by only 14 with a hurt Trey Williams after we beat them by almost 40. Fact of the matter is that nobody outside of SETX thinks that's a game even worth playing. In non-district Crosby played Ned who made it to the second round and Angleton who made it to the regional final, they won those games a combined 69-18. Do you think we would get more out of playing WOS than Manvel who signed 12 D1 kids last year? Do you think WOS can put anything on the field to compare to Derrick Tucker, Alfred Bryant or Jalen Preston who we might have to see again in the second round if Crosby goes D1? I'm not even including the D1 running back and other receiver they have.  You're not going to beat Crosby with coaching, heart or by playing "good team ball". You better have Terry Petry locking people down, Mustafa Muhummad running drags and Travis Bruffy paving the way or you'll be searching for moral victories by "playing close". You don't think the 6A size and speed Reagan will put on the field will do more for us than playing a 4A-D2 squad who said his team looked like the circus dropped the off?

We can no longer play games in non-district where the response to the outcome it "well, you should've won". As far as playing a state champ, there's a very good chance Manvel will win a 5A title the two years they're in the class. They'll probably be preseason #2 in the state behind Cedar Park.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 9:17 AM, Jag Insider said:

Here is my official way too early prediction...The district will end in a 3 way tie with PA-M, PN-G and Central.  PA-M will beat PN-G.  PN-G will beat Central.  Central will beat PA-M.

1T. Beaumont Central...9 starters return on defense.  A bunch of juniors and sophomores played last year along with the district champs in JV translate to good things this year.  In my opinion, with Whaley being gone, it will benefit the offense in opening it up and not being so predictable.  The one district loss comes on the road agains Indians...

1T. Port Arthur Memorial...after playing much bigger schools like North Shore, Deer Park, etc., dropping down is a big confidence booster for the Titans.  Because of this, I could see them just as prolific as the team that went to the state quarterfinals a couple of years ago.  Along with Coach Harrison trying to keep his job, the Titans will have no mercy on the smaller schools of the district.  They do stumble cor their only district loss against the Jaguars. 

1T. Port Neches-Groves...the Indians will continue to reload and Faircloth will COACH this team to a piece of the district title.  Indians only district loss will come at the hands of the Titans.

4. Nederland...Nederland is Nederland.  Neumann will find a way to get it done.  He may not win district this year but they will be in the playoffs again.  Bulldogs will loose to all 3 district front runners.

5. Lumberton...Babin and the Raiders will come up a little short of making the playoffs this go around.

6. Vidor...the style of offense will keep them in many games, the defense will let them out.

7. Beaumont Ozen...gone is the all district QB but they do have the best RB back in the district.  He is not enough and with the lack of depth at other positions, he won't have numbers like last year. 

8. Baytown Lee...no longer the cellar dwellers.

9. Livingston...the new cellar dwellars.

A few changes from what I posted earlier...

1. Beaumont Central...with Foreman going into his 4th year, 9 starters returning on defense and only 2 on offense but 1 of them is at the most important position, QB...

2. Port Arthur Memorial 

3. Nederland 

4. Port Neches-Groves 

5. Lumberton 

6. Vidor 

7. Beaumont Ozen

8. Baytown Lee 

9. Livingston 

18 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

1. Beaumont Central...with Foreman going into his 4th year, 9 starters returning on defense and only 2 on offense but 1 of them is at the most important position, QB...

2. Port Arthur Memorial 

3. Nederland 

4. Port Neches-Groves 

5. Lumberton 

6. Vidor 

7. Beaumont Ozen

8. Baytown Lee 

9. Livingston 

That's a fair and realistic prediction. With Central's defense returning,  they will be tough to beat. And until Lumberton can consistently compete with that top 4, we can't expect to be picked to finish in the top 4.  Lumberton has a good defense coming back but will need to figure some pieces out on offense. Should be some exciting district games. 

On 3/25/2016 at 1:14 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

That's a fair and realistic prediction. With Central's defense returning,  they will be tough to beat. And until Lumberton can consistently compete with that top 4, we can't expect to be picked to finish in the top 4.  Lumberton has a good defense coming back but will need to figure some pieces out on offense. Should be some exciting district games. 

What if y'all's DC gets the HF job?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess with Lumberton having to go play at Livingston I'll have to leave at like 3:30! Was just talking to one of our band directors that I've known for most of my life due to Mr.Boothman used to be my step dad and she just told me our hs band is going to grow even more this coming year. No way everyone from Lumberton will fit in the Livingston stands

26 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

I guess with Lumberton having to go play at Livingston I'll have to leave at like 3:30! Was just talking to one of our band directors that I've known for most of my life due to Mr.Boothman used to be my step dad and she just told me our hs band is going to grow even more this coming year. No way everyone from Lumberton will fit in the Livingston stands

1st come, 1st serve...better get there early. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 6:23 PM, Jag Insider said:

2. Port Arthur Memorial 

3. Nederland 

4. Port Neches-Groves 

5. Lumberton 

6. Vidor 

7. Beaumont Ozen

8. Baytown Lee 

9. Livingston 

After what I just found out...

1. Beaumont Central 

2. Port Arthur Memorial 

3. Nederland 

4. Port Neches-Groves

5. Lumberton 

6. Vidor

7. Baytown Lee

8. Beaumont Ozen-could possibly be last, I just don't know enough about Livingston yet...

9. Livingston 

32 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

After what I just found out...

1. Beaumont Central 

2. Port Arthur Memorial 

3. Nederland 

4. Port Neches-Groves

5. Lumberton 

6. Vidor

7. Baytown Lee

8. Beaumont Ozen-could possibly be last, I just don't know enough about Livingston yet...

9. Livingston 

You just now finding out that Calvin transferred to Silsbee?