22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

I don't see them missing the playoffs either.   And I think the chance of Vidor or Lumberton beating them is  a long shot at best.

I agree that it is a long shot.  That's why they call it an upset. :-)  I wouldn't bet my paycheck that it will happen but I wouldn't have bet on the Toronto Raptors beating the almighty Cleveland Cavaliers in Games 3 and 4 recently either.  I also wouldn't have bet on GCM beating Nederland 2 years in a row.  But just to put things even more in perspective, didn't PAM lose to Ozen last year?

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I agree that it is a long shot.  That's why they call it an upset. :-)  I wouldn't bet my paycheck that it will happen but I wouldn't have bet on the Toronto Raptors beating the almighty Cleveland Cavaliers in Games 3 and 4 recently either.  I also wouldn't have bet on GCM beating Nederland 2 years in a row.  But just to put things even more in perspective, didn't PAM lose to Ozen last year?

Yes, they beat PAM.  As far as Cleveland goes, you saw what happened last night.   And for GCM, if they played 10 games vs Ned , Ned would win 8 out of the 10.  They have played six so far, and GCM won the 2 games by 1 point and 4 points respectively.  Ned won the other 4 games by 22,18,18 and 16 points. Ned just couldn't seem to get over the hump against GCM for the last couple of years.

Ppl and their drug use…. Memorial aint missing the playoffs in this district. I dont give a damn if they lost to Ozen last yr and Ned lost to gcm 2 yrs in a row, district title may be between Neumann and Kenny Ray. I think its between Memorial, Swamp Mutts, Kittens from 88 jag drive and Injuns. Get your popcorn ready. 

On 5/21/2016 at 10:41 AM, Stattrax 7.1 said:

Its been a while since I have made a post. But my take is simple. PAM and Nederland fight it out for DC. Central and PN-G fight it out for 3 and 4. The rest fight it out to stay .500. PAM will have the most talent in the district, but Larry has the best staff and the 3rd best talent in the district. Central has the 2nd best talent but will be outcoached a few games.

So the scoop on PN-G is this. After we replace the coaches that leave, we will get back to work under the same offensive plan we use each year. O Line has some good talent coming up and I think we will see a better line than last year. QB situation will be Roschon. As long as he stays healthy he can gain some valuable experience for the next few years. The running back situation will be above average and possibly a upgrade from last year. The defense is making a few changes. LL to linebacker. Pray for good coaching to keep the kids in the right spots, if not it might be ugly. Defensively we are undersized and do not have a ton of speed. Discipline will be the key to the defenses success, which boils down to coaching. I think this group can take the coaching and hopefully it pays off in the end. McZeal will have the opportunity to be a big playmaker. For the football gurus that know the game, you understand that Giblin made the other recievers better last year since almost everyone rolled a safety on him. Hopefully Mczeal can be the same player this year that Giblin was the last few years. I have no idea about the kicking game, but I expect the norm. In the end I think we finish 3rd or 4th respectably. But the positives..... We have the best band, Indianettes, and cheerleaders around!!!!! I would not call it a rebuilding year since we have not been deep in a while, but in the end I think BF makes a quick playoff visit and exit, and keeps his job.  Losses to PAM Nederland... Central is a 50/50 IMO.

Where the heck is Buddy Garrity?

If I cant defend my pick ems title against him I will retire!!!!!

Oh really? 

On 5/26/2016 at 8:10 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

If they lose to either Vidor OR Lumberton, they just might. 

If. 

I reckon you hoping we lose to one or both of them, might as well buy yourself a lotto ticket cause that dream aint happening, nice wishful thinking though, I laughed. 

On 5/25/2016 at 10:06 PM, raideroldtimer said:

1. Port Neches-Groves Indians

2. Nederland Bulldogs

3. Beaumont Central Jaguars

4. Lumberton Raiders

5. Vidor Pirates could switch with PAM

6. Port Arthur Memorial Titans 

7. Beaumont Ozen Panthers - could switch with Livingston

8. Livingston Lions

9. Baytown Lee Ganders

Comedians running amuck. Wanna wager? :)

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Good, he can pad his L record for the next two years when Memorial beats the swamp mutts. 

We will see if X-box out coaches Neumann.  I assume you saw the article on who the starting QB for PAM is.

3 minutes ago, bigdog said:

We will see if X-box out coaches Neumann.  I assume you saw the article on who the starting QB for PAM is.

Neumann will not get outcoached, thats a fact, but his team may very well make a key mistake. Yeah I read the article. Hopefully I finally see this dual threat QB. He'll have weapons at WR thats for sure. 

On 5/11/2016 at 0:50 PM, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

It's May and the smack talk is already heating up.  Gonna be a long summer.

That turf field wont help Slumberton vs the Titans. Better borrow TJ Light and Chad Luttrell to suit up week-7. We coming to wreck Raider Stadium. Umbrella Song will be played by the end of the 3rd qtr, dont leave early, and yall wont need that fancy lil train horn either. 

On 2/18/2016 at 11:55 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Beaumont Central Jaguars 
2. Port Arthur Memorial Titans 
3. Port Neches-Groves Indians
4. Beaumont Ozen Panthers 
5. Nederland Bulldogs 
6. Vidor Pirates
7. Lumberton Raiders
8. Baytown Lee Ganders
9. Livingston Lions

Smh this guy. Hooked on Phonics didnt work for you Panther Dad. 

On 2/18/2016 at 4:22 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and here's the thing...Central and Ozen has an advantage as they've been playing PAM for years and are very familiar with them.  The only difference is that it's in district.  

And BTW, Memorial's big gun will be playing at Baylor next year, so you probably won't get a super charged PAM team like the one that marched to the State simis a few years ago...

Wrong, one of the big guns is going into his SR year and has almost 30 offers right now, the other one about to be a JR who got offered by SMU already.