22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Question for BG, Would you stop rooting for PAM, if they lose to Ned, PNG, Lumberton, and Vidor? Make the playoffs as the 4th place team only to get beat by BH 56-0? Lol

PAM is guaranteed to be D1. BH would be D2 unless both Dayton and Splendora make the playoffs. That loss would more likely be against Crosby.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Only major injuries will keep any of these 4 teams from making the playoffs, may it be an injury-free season. 

Central brings back basically their whole defense, a starter last yr at qb and a rb that got plenty of gametime, question for them is who will catch the passes & maybe OL. Memorial brings back a 3yr starter at QB, a backup qb who is electric, the WRs and a secondary that should be a no fly zone, question for them is who will tote the rock, the OL & the DL. Png brings back a rb, replaces their great qb from last yr with an electric soph qb more than likely, and a couple of WRs, and I know Lejune is back but is moving to LB, question for them will be the secondary and OL. Swamp mutts got Neumann, so there's that. 

WR isn't really a question mark for the Jags.  My worry is the same as it is every year just about, OL... 

Going to go with PAM as the third or fourth place team. had this been 4 years ago, PAM easily district champs. Harrison skill set does not fit what the titans do on offense. sorry angelle and #11 can't do it alone at wr. yes, PAM WILL HAVE THE TOP SECONDARY, but no push from the d-line and one okay linebacker is not going to cut it. i do feel playing the back up qb will keep most defenses honest, especially if the other wr's can catch. i still say the move to the district will either motivate xbox to show the locals what he can do or it will expose him for the poor decisions he makes. i think it puts pressure on building that's not up to code in the first place, but we shall see. now BG, if you know of some unknowns coming up from jv, please inbox me!!

i say put harrison at wr(for possession reasons lol) that give at least 3 legit wr's.

8 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Going to go with PAM as the third or fourth place team. had this been 4 years ago, PAM easily district champs. Harrison skill set does not fit what the titans do on offense. sorry angelle and #11 can't do it alone at wr. yes, PAM WILL HAVE THE TOP SECONDARY, but no push from the d-line and one okay linebacker is not going to cut it. i do feel playing the back up qb will keep most defenses honest, especially if the other wr's can catch. i still say the move to the district will either motivate xbox to show the locals what he can do or it will expose him for the poor decisions he makes. i think it puts pressure on building that's not up to code in the first place, but we shall see. now BG, if you know of some unknowns coming up from jv, please inbox me!!

i say put harrison at wr(for possession reasons lol) that give at least 3 legit wr's.

They got 3 WRs back, 4 if you wanna put Vincent there, I know of 2 WRs that played JV last yr, dont know of any freshman (soph now) contributing to Varsity, I have no clue who the RBs will be. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They got 3 WRs back, 4 if you wanna put Vincent there, I know of 2 WRs that played JV last yr, dont know of any freshman (soph now) contributing to Varsity, I have no clue who the RBs will be. 

#11 was built like a grown man!! but didn't impress...maybe because he wasn't thrown to much. i think he had a big game against central.

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

#11 was built like a grown man!! but didn't impress...maybe because he wasn't thrown to much. i think he had a big game against central.

He had that one long TD versus them, it was the defense (go figure) that won that game, Central turnovers cost them that night. It really didn't seem like they threw to #11 alot but hopefully this yr all the WRs somewhat have an equal amount of catches and TDs, all depends on the OL protecting. We need a better running game than last yr. I dont think Kam had a TD or a 100yd game til midseason. 

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

by the way, any 7 on 7 results?

The last 7 on 7 game I paid attention to was a couple weeks ago when they beat LCM. Not sure if they participated in a SQT yet, there's one in Katy today and one in Htown tomorrow, if they're in one it would be one of those two I would think. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, prepballfan said:

Noone knows how their district will come out next season. We are starting a sophmore QB and alot of new people. We have a new stacked team athletically in PAM and Central is returning 10 of 11 defensive starters on the best D in district. I think as usual the DC could go through Nederland. PAM and Central will have a say in it though. PNG is a possibility for the playoffs and a DC contention. WHo will win your district this season?

The more realistic question is "Who's getting second?". PAM will probably have the best 5A athletes in the coverage area but I think Crosby will have the best collection of football players, if that makes sense? We only won one game by a TD or less during the regular season last year and once we start district play I think that's how it will go again this year. This should be the most athletic team we've put on the field since '09, so once again this year anything of a D2 regional title is probably considered underwhelming.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The more realistic question is "Who's getting second?". PAM will probably have the best 5A athletes in the coverage area but I think Crosby will have the best collection of football players, if that makes sense? We only won one game by a TD or less during the regular season last year and once we start district play I think that's how it will go again this year. This should be the most athletic team we've put on the field since '09, so once again this year anything of a D2 regional title is probably considered underwhelming.  

What do you think about King? and Dayton?

14 hours ago, prepballfan said:

What do you think about King? and Dayton?

I think KP will finish second in district with Dayton and Humble being 3rd and 4th. KP is huge on the o-line and Maple had them executing well on the lower levels of the program, they were just inconsistent last year. Should be better than a couple of years ago when they beat Ned though. I think Dayton will have a rough go of it this year, will probably still make the playoffs though. I just think Nations not calling a play or working game situations in five years will show early on, depending on the district strength it's possible they wouldn't recover but I believe they'll find their way in.

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think KP will finish second in district with Dayton and Humble being 3rd and 4th. KP is huge on the o-line and Maple had them executing well on the lower levels of the program, they were just inconsistent last year. Should be better than a couple of years ago when they beat Ned though. I think Dayton will have a rough go of it this year, will probably still make the playoffs though. I just think Nations not calling a play or working game situations in five years will show early on, depending on the district strength it's possible they wouldn't recover but I believe they'll find their way in.

Nice being considered the underdog