22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

How was I basing anything off of last year's team when I said " . . . . the most athletic team we've put on the field since '09"? When I said "We only won one game by a TD or less during the regular season last year and once we start district play I think that's how it will go again this year.", it's because I believe once we get through non-district against Manvel and Houston Heights I think we'll go undefeated in district again. I can see you're a little deficient in comprehension skills.

And you statement "You can brag about all the talent you want, but it doesn't come down to who has the most D1 recruits, comes down to team football with no mistakes and execution on both sides of the ball along with coaching!  smh", is far from true. Once you get to a certain level in the playoffs everybody there can coach, the difference is in the playmakers you have on the roster. Do all of those have to be D1 kids? Of course not. Crosby beat Angleton 34-0 last year and it could've been a lot worse, PNG literally couldn't stop ANY play Angleton ran last year no matter what the staff tried. Is that great coaching or is it having the ability to turn and toss it to Billy Foster and let him run over, through and around much less athletic defenders PNG put on the field?

You better look around the state and see who's winning in the bigger classes man. Katy does it less talent than some of their opponents but they'll still have 8-10 D1 kids throughout the roster. Lake Travis is seen similarly but have produced Garrett Gilbert(#1 QB in country and national player of the year), Baker Mayfield(Heisman candidate) and Michael Brewer(starting qb at Va. Tech) pretty recently. This isn't the '70's guy, you need players in today's game, and a lot of them.  

Had to explain to ppl about Katy, there's still ppl out there who think Katy doesn't have a bunch of D1 guys, sadly mistaken. 

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

So I guess all the "D1" players for Crosby didn't come to that second round game last year.  Coaching  and execution are a big part of the game.  Look at Ozen as an example, they always have athletes, D1 athletes but can't get out of district most years. Trying to minimize the coaching aspect of it is kind of silly.   Ned does more with less every year as an example.  They don't have a bunch of D1 athletes.

Yes they did. You think George Ranch had a bunch of talent but did you see Ridge Point's roster though? They had Grant Carlson(Boston College), Shyler Slaton(Air Force), Marcus Montemayor(Alcorn St.), Travis Bruffy(Texas Tech), Jack Greene(Rice), Terry Petry(Houston), Mustafa Muhammad(#8 overall recruit in Texas) and BJ Rainford(rushed for 2000). Not to mention they had a 700 kid enrollment advantage which allowed them to put a bigger, stronger and faster squad on the field than we were able to.

Ozen doesn't always have D1 athletes and Ned doesn't do less with more. Ozen has one or two D1 kids sometimes but they also have an enrollment disadvantage. Ned does less with less which is why the last decade even though we've fired a coach we still have better everything than Ned; winning percentage, regular season wins, district win, playoff wins, etc. When Ned had Deshawn Washington(#3 DT in country) and the other two guys they were salty on the state level, when they don't they're run-of-the-mill. Neumann is supposed to be a great coach but outside of the district he doesn't do much when he doesn't have the better talent, he even got outcoached by Flannigan both times they matched up. There comes a point in time when it doesn't matter how well you coach or execute because the kids on the other side of the field are so good, it still won't work.       

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

About the same as it did for Crosby. :)    But Ned has also knocked off high ranked teams with D1 athletes in the playoffs as well. You also made my point of having great coaching along with the athletes.

You haven't knocked off highly ranked teams. You've knocked off one highly ranked team within the decade and just like I already said in the previous post, the only reason for that was because you literally couldn't run the ball up the middle with Washington in there which is exactly what Dawson liked to do at the time. The very next year against a coach that was familiar with the game plan Ned wanted to implement, and still with Washington in the fold, Riordan put 56 on Neumann. Why was that BigDog? Did Neumann have a bad day or did Keenan Murphy(Houston) straight whip Washington head-up several times and let Walter(Rice) get through the hole for part of the 300 he put on y'all?   

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

2012.  You look at some of those schools that 14.2 listed,  LCISD is about to open another high school, so you will see some kids leaving the other high schools and I am willing to bet there will be another high school opening in a few more years, they are growing almost as fast as Katy.   Katy has had the same coach for over 10 years and 4 SC worth and have a long history that draws the kids to that school.

The majority of the state is growing except for SETX which is why just one district over Crosby can be the sixth smallest of nine schools with 1,668 kids. LCISD already opened Fulshear and they'll end up being a powerhouse too, just like Foster is. Katy is Katy but tradition means very little to the kids that are too young to remember it now days. Just as an example, out of the four 5A teams to make the state championship games Cedar Park was the only school open prior to 2010, and Cedar Park just opened in 1998.

56 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You haven't knocked off highly ranked teams. You've knocked off one highly ranked team within the decade and just like I already said in the previous post, the only reason for that was because you literally couldn't run the ball up the middle with Washington in there which is exactly what Dawson liked to do at the time. The very next year against a coach that was familiar with the game plan Ned wanted to implement, and still with Washington in the fold, Riordan put 56 on Neumann. Why was that BigDog? Did Neumann have a bad day or did Keenan Murphy(Houston) straight whip Washington head-up several times and let Walter(Rice) get through the hole for part of the 300 he put on y'all?   

Lol.  Keep bringing up one game.   How many ranked teams has Crosby knocked off?  Cedar Park is the one that you played and we saw how that came out.

Yes they did. You think George Ranch had a bunch of talent but did you see Ridge Point's roster though? They had Grant Carlson(Boston College), Shyler Slaton(Air Force), Marcus Montemayor(Alcorn St.), Travis Bruffy(Texas Tech), Jack Greene(Rice), Terry Petry(Houston), Mustafa Muhammad(#8 overall recruit in Texas) and BJ Rainford(rushed for 2000). Not to mention they had a 700 kid enrollment advantage which allowed them to put a bigger, stronger and faster squad on the field than we were able to.

Ozen doesn't always have D1 athletes and Ned doesn't do less with more. Ozen has one or two D1 kids sometimes but they also have an enrollment disadvantage. Ned does less with less which is why the last decade even though we've fired a coach we still have better everything than Ned; winning percentage, regular season wins, district win, playoff wins, etc. When Ned had Deshawn Washington(#3 DT in country) and the other two guys they were salty on the state level, when they don't they're run-of-the-mill. Neumann is supposed to be a great coach but outside of the district he doesn't do much when he doesn't have the better talent, he even got outcoached by Flannigan both times they matched up. There comes a point in time when it doesn't matter how well you coach or execute because the kids on the other side of the field are so good, it still won't work.       

Crosby has one more playoff win than Ned, ooooohh.   Crosby has 4 district titles in that time ( funny how you only wanted to use 10 years instead of a different number) to Ned's 5.   Ned has been at least 3 deep in the  playoffs twice same as Crosby.  So tell me again how those "D1" recruits are help?

17 hours ago, bigdog said:

Crosby has one more playoff win than Ned, ooooohh.   Crosby has 4 district titles in that time ( funny how you only wanted to use 10 years instead of a different number) to Ned's 5.   Ned has been at least 3 deep in the  playoffs twice same as Crosby.  So tell me again how those "D1" recruits are help?

You're the one that said all the stuff about coaching and not needing the top tier players. I'm just saying your great coach got his but kicked by Flannigan who we fired, then called Riordan and asked if he was scared to play only to get his behind whipped again. Neumann has been a head coach for 20+ years, Riordan for only 4. Are you conceding that he's a better coach because he whips you worse than Flannigan did or do all those athletes make a difference?

I used 10 years because we're trying to make it relevant BigDog. I know you would prefer to go back to the '90's where your argument holds more validity but once again, how many of the schools that played for 5A state championship last year were even around then? Those recruits helped us helped us go 5-1 against Ned with Neumann at the helm and they also helped us go 6-1 the last seven years against your district in the first round, y'all won the district and Neumann got outcoached by Jim Holley and his 4th place KP team in bi-district. Probably because Jaylen Henderson(UTSA) was a little better than Seay(McNeese) that day, or at least he held on to the ball better.

You outlined my point in you very first statement though BigDog. Neumann is a great coach, yet you still have less everything. Count the extra district title if you want but I"ll chalk that one up to playing in a district with Dayton and Summer Creek.

You're the one that said all the stuff about coaching and not needing the top tier players. I'm just saying your great coach got his but kicked by Flannigan who we fired, then called Riordan and asked if he was scared to play only to get his behind whipped again. Neumann has been a head coach for 20+ years, Riordan for only 4. Are you conceding that he's a better coach because he whips you worse than Flannigan did or do all those athletes make a difference?

I used 10 years because we're trying to make it relevant BigDog. I know you would prefer to go back to the '90's where your argument holds more validity but once again, how many of the schools that played for 5A state championship last year were even around then? Those recruits helped us helped us go 5-1 against Ned with Neumann at the helm and they also helped us go 6-1 the last seven years against your district in the first round, y'all won the district and Neumann got outcoached by Jim Holley and his 4th place KP team in bi-district. Probably because Jaylen Henderson(UTSA) was a little better than Seay(McNeese) that day, or at least he held on to the ball better.

You outlined my point in you very first statement though BigDog. Neumann is a great coach, yet you still have less everything. Count the extra district title if you want but I"ll chalk that one up to playing in a district with Dayton and Summer Creek.

No, I was making the point that you need both coaches and players to make it all the way.   I seriously doubt Neumann called the coach and said that.   As far as whippings , as I said in a post somewhere else, most of your wins were by a TD or less with the exception of the 56 point game.  Oh, and I guess Ned was better than the "twins"  on that 2 TD win a couple of years ago.

You don't want to go back to 2000 where  the 1-6  district and 1-9 overall records are.  I know you would prefer to not bring that up because it  drops your average.  And also where Ned has a couple of more 3 deep and a 4 deep playoff run because it doesn't fit the narrative.

The fact of the matter is,  Crosby hasn't done anything more than most of the teams in the area.  One deep run and then out in the second round  the next year after being ranked high  and expected to make it to state.  I guess we will see if they remain relevant or go back to being Dayton's whipping post  and going out in the first or second round every year.

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, sad thing about that is PNG probably isn't even playoff quality in either district . . .

And yet, with all the D1's you boast about, Crosby isn't doing much better. Oh and the best of coaches. Can't coach your way out of mediocre. Difference is, our posters aren't on here bragging.

You love to down Nederland and PNG, Get over the crush.

2 minutes ago, NDNation said:

And yet, with all the D1's you boast about, Crosby isn't doing much better. Oh and the best of coaches. Can't coach your way out of mediocre. Difference is, our posters aren't on here bragging.

Yeah, see my last line in the post above yours.

8 minutes ago, NDNation said:

You love to down Nederland and PNG, Get over the crush.

The difference is that you KNOW you have no hope. In Crosby we believe there's hope because we were one game away from the goal a couple of years ago, not in the '70's. I don't brag about D1 kids because we don't have a lot of them compared to some other 5A schools in Houston, I highlight the playmakers. If they're D1 caliber then so be it. Think about it though NDN, PNG has faced two D1 caliber back the last two times they've been to the playoffs. They've combined for about 40 carries, 600 yards and 9 or 10 tds, doing better is relative to expectations which are higher in Crosby than PNG at this point. There's no coincidence you were scorched in both of those games by kids with superior talent.

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The difference is that you KNOW you have no hope. In Crosby we believe there's hope because we were one game away from the goal a couple of years ago, not in the '70's. I don't brag about D1 kids because we don't have a lot of them compared to some other 5A schools in Houston, I highlight the playmakers. If they're D1 caliber then so be it. Think about it though NDN, PNG has faced two D1 caliber back the last two times they've been to the playoffs. They've combined for about 40 carries, 600 yards and 9 or 10 tds, doing better is relative to expectations which are higher in Crosby than PNG at this point. There's no coincidence you were scorched in both of those games by kids with superior talent.

Well not that far back. Don't forget about the 99 team.:)

Just admit your depressed about the 2nd round exit last year. Admit it and I'll leave you alone..lol

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Really?  So Ned had no hope in 2012 (2 games away) or in 2001 when they were one game away?  Lol.  You made one good run and then arrogantly assumed you were going to run through the playoffs back to the semis or the state game and were proven otherwise.

This is the hidden content, please

I wouldn't say Nederland has no hope, but it takes a very special collection of talent (see 2012 reference) at this point in the HS football landscape.  Some of these Dallas / Austin / Houston area 5A teams are ridiculously loaded with talent and have such an influx of numbers between enrollments that it makes it tough to consistently be in the discussion.