22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

7 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

And with that 16-5 district record, there are still some Jag faithful that don't support our coach.  I'm not settling for mediocrity but like someone said about Faircloth, it could be worse and we have had worse in the past.  The non-district and playoff record isn't pretty but not too many around here in the area are...

*clears throat*

19 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

And with that 16-5 district record, there are still some Jag faithful that don't support our coach.  I'm not settling for mediocrity but like someone said about Faircloth, it could be worse and we have had worse in the past.  The non-district and playoff record isn't pretty but not too many around here in the area are...

not to hi jack or change the subject, but that passage says CUPECAKE ALL OVER IT. the pre and post isn't that great, but can run through the district. Nederland, PN-g and Central is/was the better teams above the rest of the district...and looking how central played at times, you wonder how in the hell they play so well in district play?? not trying to knock on our club, but it makes you think, do they gel at the right time or the district is that bad??

During the time of that 16-5 district record for Central there non district opponents have included WOS, PAM, West Brook, and Summer Creek. The schedule they play is pretty tough. Not knocking anybody else's schedule but take PNG for example in the same time frame they have played Clear Lake, WOS, Tyler Chappel Hill. I think the non district schedule has prepared Central for district success. I also agree that in the past three or four years the teams that should have finished at the top of the district actually did. I also agree that the district is down compared to maybe 10 years ago.

On July 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM, liltex said:

Dayt broke their own cycle & you won,never beat H/C Stewart,I see you left out Liv than owns w/l record vs PNG.BTW it's not been Indian O it's been Indian D,great offensive mind

92: PNG 38 Livingston 0

93: PNG 3 Livingston 0

96: PNG 42 Livingston 8 (BI-DIST)

08: Livingston 34 PNG 14

---------

Faircloth

09: PNG 30 Livingston 7

10: Livingston 49 PNG 42

11: Livingston 42 PNG 28

12: Livingston 28 PNG 7

13: PNG 49 Livingston 6

Series: PNG 5 Livingston 4

Faircloth (2-3)

I will be the one to say you hit the nail on the head, since Brandon Faircloth arrived, after that first year, we haven't had that much success at defense, and its downright discouraging  that he plays  his best players on offense and leaves little attention to the defense. I think players that are capable of going both ways should. Just my opinion though.

12 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I will be the one to say you hit the nail on the head, since Brandon Faircloth arrived, after that first year, we haven't had that much success at defense, and its downright discouraging  that he plays  his best players on offense and leaves little attention to the defense. I think players that are capable of going both ways should. Just my opinion though.

He is definitely an Offensive minded coach and they have proven to be very productive. I'm not sure that playing kids both ways is the solution, but I'm sure a few on the offensive side could help some. I think it is a philosophy problem with little emphasis placed on defense, You would think that PNG could find a few kids every year that were physical and liked to hit people. The defense seems passive, JMO.

I thought PNG played some good defense last year.  They definitely are not passive, look at the Lejeune kid, he'll knock anybody coming over the middle.  Same with the Robinson kid and several others.  I think what you have is an offensive philosophy that scores quickly and the defense is out there more if they aren't getting stops and it can snowball.  JMO