22-5A Predictions

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

We could do a lot worse than Faircloth. He's out coached everyone around here the last couple of years,  except for CT and Neumann. And we broke the Dayton cycle and beat WOS in his era. 

Dayt broke their own cycle & you won,never beat H/C Stewart,I see you left out Liv than owns w/l record vs PNG.BTW it's not been Indian O it's been Indian D,great offensive mind

I agree PNG could do worse than Faircloth, but he has had a few more losses than just NED and WOS in the area the past three years. The top district records out of PNGs league have been:

Nederland - 19-2

PNG - 16-5 

Central 16-5 

Besides WOS and NED, Faircloth has lost to LCM and Central. If you go back four years then Fairclith is 2-2 vs Central, 0-2 vs LCM, and you can include losses to Ozen, Vidor, and Livingston.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:12 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

How was I basing anything off of last year's team when I said " . . . . the most athletic team we've put on the field since '09"? When I said "We only won one game by a TD or less during the regular season last year and once we start district play I think that's how it will go again this year.", it's because I believe once we get through non-district against Manvel and Houston Heights I think we'll go undefeated in district again. I can see you're a little deficient in comprehension skills.

And you statement "You can brag about all the talent you want, but it doesn't come down to who has the most D1 recruits, comes down to team football with no mistakes and execution on both sides of the ball along with coaching!  smh", is far from true. Once you get to a certain level in the playoffs everybody there can coach, the difference is in the playmakers you have on the roster. Do all of those have to be D1 kids? Of course not. Crosby beat Angleton 34-0 last year and it could've been a lot worse, PNG literally couldn't stop ANY play Angleton ran last year no matter what the staff tried. Is that great coaching or is it having the ability to turn and toss it to Billy Foster and let him run over, through and around much less athletic defenders PNG put on the field?

You better look around the state and see who's winning in the bigger classes man. Katy does it less talent than some of their opponents but they'll still have 8-10 D1 kids throughout the roster. Lake Travis is seen similarly but have produced Garrett Gilbert(#1 QB in country and national player of the year), Baker Mayfield(Heisman candidate) and Michael Brewer(starting qb at Va. Tech) pretty recently. This isn't the '70's guy, you need players in today's game, and a lot of them.  

yes you are right we couldn't stop the running game of Angleton. But you cant judge one teams matchup on how you did against them vs how bad we did against them. Ned gave yall all you wanted last year and Crosby was able to pull away late in the 4th qt. Ned beat us with a last minute fieldgoal. Just goes to show some teams match up differently than others. You are right though our defense is very suspect and has been for years. Our coaching concentrates on offense and the defense is left hanging in the wings. We cant outscore everyone, and into the second round you are usually facing a team that is going to the big show year in and year out. No brainer there.

54 minutes ago, liltex said:

Dayt broke their own cycle & you won,never beat H/C Stewart,I see you left out Liv than owns w/l record vs PNG.BTW it's not been Indian O it's been Indian D,great offensive mind

I blame that ballerina they always have on the field. 

39 minutes ago, liltex said:

in my post, I said the last couple of years. Livingston has been gone for 2 years. PNG is his first HC gig.

I had a dream last night=BISD built a mega school campus beside the Butch,combined the 3 schools,Westerberg left BH as the new 6A Bmt High AD/HC & history was N Shore/Katy's ain't so big/fast no more:)Buddy Garrity hired as counselor/internet sourcing/mail box delivery/checking deposits.I awoke bitching parking was $5,no passes excepted

54 minutes ago, setxguru said:

The last two years in District play PNG is 11-3, Central is 11-3, and NED is 12-2. During that time PNG is 1-1 vs Central, 0-2 vs NED, and 1-1 vs WOS.

Before the 2013 win against WOS, the last time was 1996. The 99 team didn't even accomplish that. We could do a lot worse than Faircloth. He gets picked on quite a bit on here. He does have some accomplishments

PS: The 2013 team was not a product of the MB area as some people attribute the 2009 teams success.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:30 AM, setxguru said:

I agree PNG could do worse than Faircloth, but he has had a few more losses than just NED and WOS in the area the past three years. The top district records out of PNGs league have been:

Nederland - 19-2

PNG - 16-5 

Central 16-5 

Besides WOS and NED, Faircloth has lost to LCM and Central. If you go back four years then Fairclith is 2-2 vs Central, 0-2 vs LCM, and you can include losses to Ozen, Vidor, and Livingston.

And with that 16-5 district record, there are still some Jag faithful that don't support our coach.  I'm not settling for mediocrity but like someone said about Faircloth, it could be worse and we have had worse in the past.  The non-district and playoff record isn't pretty but not too many around here in the area are...

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

My top-5 as of tonight: 

Memorial 

Nederland 

Central

Vidor

Png

Interesting Buddy on your prediction.  I could see Vidor getting in and PN-G not.  34 days till kick-off at the Butch!!!  Is it too early to start our prediction thread with West Brook???  Lol...