Houston and Setx falling way behind

Uncle Pig

30 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

Soulja let me state the facts. I had sat in visitor stands at durley and feared falling through. Png jv game got moved from Zaharias this year due to ants! Your sup made 350 ,000 dollars with school that were built by wpa! Y'all have good coaches and athletes that deserve better.

Fact is that the BISD superintendent is NOT the highest paid in the state, which was previously stated by yourself.  Nice way to try to clean it up though.  So this tells me that you're still venting over situations that probably occured about 5 years ago...

Poor facilities, right.  Have you looked around you?  If you were supporting PN-G, then you probably could have looked right across the tracks and see the schools that the neighbor's kids are forced to learn in.  Why was that not mentioned.  Some of those buildings are from the stone age and prior to this year, their basketball gym had an auditorium stage in it...

18 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Generally speaking to be competitive statewide if you are a team from SETX in 4A down you will need black athletes to compete for the most part. 

Canadian, Cisco, Refugio, Stephenville, Wylie, Richland Springs, Throckmorton, etc. might disagree with that statement.

6 hours ago, ICEWATER said:

I figured it would be fun to remind the Cardinals that Navasota is here and ready to play. Just relax its nothing against your Rattlers. Someone said that you needed black players to succeed and the response was that BC was building low income housing and if you build it "THEY" will come so in other words "Blacks" are coming and I guess we only live in Low-Income housing. My joke is that you need to be more worried about Navasota then making crazy comments like that!

Hmmm, okay. Who ever said it, well, is ignorant. Look at the success of LH, Katy, Argyle, Allen, Lake Travis, Celina, etc. It has nothing to do with race.

This is the hidden content, please

i appologize for old information. I am not advocating for png or anywhere else in setx!

I am saying that I drove through Refugio yesterday and was blown away by their football facility. 

People blast barbers hill on here for spending money on facilities! Why?? The people of bh want their kids to have what Lake Travis, Tatum, coppell all have. Which is nice facilities. I don't know 1 coach in setx who if you asked them if they would take a nicer weight room/ practice facility would say no.

all I'm saying is that if your complaining about money! Stop paying your sup 348,000!

done with this issue!

Gorilla has spoken

22 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

i appologize for old information. I am not advocating for png or anywhere else in setx!

I am saying that I drove through Refugio yesterday and was blown away by their football facility. 

People blast barbers hill on here for spending money on facilities! Why?? The people of bh want their kids to have what Lake Travis, Tatum, coppell all have. Which is nice facilities. I don't know 1 coach in setx who if you asked them if they would take a nicer weight room/ practice facility would say no.

all I'm saying is that if your complaining about money! Stop paying your sup 348,000!

done with this issue!

Gorilla has spoken

Again, an irrelevant observation and statement at this point....  We're in 2016 now, Sir.  

...also, people are usually 'done with the issue' when they were bested on the debate.  Now, I'M done.

OK, BYE!

20 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Generally speaking to be competitive statewide if you are a team from SETX in 4A down you will need black athletes to compete for the most part. 

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Canadian, Cisco, Refugio, Stephenville, Wylie, Richland Springs, Throckmorton, etc. might disagree with that statement.

14 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Those teams are not from SETX. 

RaiderRed gave you prime examples of teams that are successful

Why are  golden triangle teams different than those other teams?

Those teams have won multiple state championships with very few minority players. (I do not like bringing race into this discussion)

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Although not a setx team Wimberley has 2 titles since 05 and is just about always top 10 state wide. Watched them play a really good WOS team in 05 and just pounded them.

49 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

RaiderRed gave you prime examples of teams that are successful

Why are  golden triangle teams different than those other teams?

Those teams have won multiple state championships with very few minority players. (I do not like bringing race into this discussion)

49 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Why would you need black athletes just to compete in SETX and no where else? I think it speaks more to the demographics of SETX in general.

Well the fact he mentioned other teams doesn't really adhere to my statement because I said SETX. 

Also Bronco Pride I didn't say no where else needed them. But other places in Texas have better facilities, coaches, etc. 

12 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Well the fact he mentioned other teams doesn't really adhere to my statement because I said SETX. 

Also Bronco Pride I didn't say no where else needed them. But other places in Texas have better facilities, coaches, etc. 

Well we can definitely agree on your statement about facilities and coaching. 

When you don't have any and you are getting your arse smashed in every week in southeast Texas, it's obvious at that point, you better acquire or find a way to draw them in or you can keep doing the same thing you've been doing for 67 years and be the losing'est 3a program in the area. LOL

16 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Refugio had one hell of a black athlete at QB this year and several other skill kids.

I think you meant Celina ?

19 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Soulja let me state the facts. I had sat in visitor stands at durley and feared falling through. Png jv game got moved from Zaharias this year due to ants! Your sup made 350 ,000 dollars with school that were built by wpa! Y'all have good coaches and athletes that deserve better.

Your are speaking of the old superintendent.  Actually about two supers ago now.   I agree that the students need safe facilities, but the " Taj Mahal "  stadiums and facilities do not equal  state championships, its as simple as that.

The dark red counties are what most on this site view as "southeast Texas"

The entire area in red, is what geographically is considered "southeast Texas" for those who have a brain.

Now, for 85% of the people on this site that do not know that Houston, Galveston outlying areas up to the The Woodlands, Conroe and almost into College Station, stretching into Lufkin and back over to Newton and down to the golden triangle.

Funny what I have been saying for years about what is really southeat Texas, is now the TEAMS the UIL has put into the southeast Texas districts.

Now, for the golden triangle folks and specifically those that cover sports on this site, we have one big arse community of SE Texas.

south east Texas.png

Here's the irony and the sad shape of the country that we live in.... Posters say that "you can't win without black athletes"...  but that is a racist statement.  The fact that the poster doesn't even realize how racist and marginalizing his statement is indicates a very small-minded approach to a very big world with a lot of complex ideas.  The posters have no problem, however, recognizing implied racism in a statement about building low income housing to attract better athletes.  "They" must mean minorties, and therefore the statement is racist, according to the simple-minded.  If you have a problem with the insinuation that building low income housing will attract minorties, then you should also have a problem with the statement about needing black athletes to win in SETX.  I think the argument about "needing black athletes to win" is just as stupid as saying "black athletes don't make good QBs..."  

To further illustrate this point, the Silsbee coaching thread should be mentioned.  A poster mentioned how he felt the next coach should be a "person of color."  That, in and of itself, is just as racist of a statement as somebody saying they "really need to hire another white guy."  However, the small-minded racist will justify one statement at the detriment of the other because of  his own personal beliefs... at the end of the day, both statements are racist.  They really need to hire the person that is going to be the best at properly motivating the kids to win the most games possible.... whether he or she  is white, black, or spotted.   

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the irony and the sad shape of the country that we live in.... Posters say that "you can't win without black athletes"...  but that is a racist statement.  The fact that the poster doesn't even realize how racist and marginalizing his statement is indicates a very small-minded approach to a very big world with a lot of complex ideas.  The posters have no problem, however, recognizing implied racism in a statement about building low income housing to attract better athletes.  "They" must mean minorties, and therefore the statement is racist, according to the simple-minded.  If you have a problem with the insinuation that building low income housing will attract minorties, then you should also have a problem with the statement about needing black athletes to win in SETX.  I think the argument about "needing black athletes to win" is just as stupid as saying "black athletes don't make good QBs..."  

To further illustrate this point, the Silsbee coaching thread should be mentioned.  A poster mentioned how he felt the next coach should be a "person of color."  That, in and of itself, is just as racist of a statement as somebody saying they "really need to hire another white guy."  However, the small-minded racist will justify one statement at the detriment of the other because of  his own personal beliefs... at the end of the day, both statements are racist.  They really need to hire the person that is going to be the best at properly motivating the kids to win the most games possible.... whether he or she  is white, black, or spotted.   

sad shape of the country we live in ? have you been overseas? have you been exposed to the millions of babies dying yearly in Africa due to malnutrition and disease? I like the country I live in. Hell, I love the country I live in. Naturally, we are all biased toward our cultures. I feel very few people are actually indeed racists. Most rehearse or regurgitate ideas or thoughts from their ancestors, or maybe just grandpa's stories. Racism is hatred and last I checked in order to have been condemned racist, you better have acted upon it and not just made a dumb arse biased remark. If you are under 50 in the southern U.S., you have absolutely NO IDEA what real rascism is about.

I know one thing. You might have the rare all white team (outside of Se Texas) that wins on occasion for multiple reasons (culture, expectation, economy, coaching) but you are much better off being diverse no matter how large or small your community is. That's my two cents.

2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Since 2000, just 17 of 64 state champions in 6A and 5A have come from communities with a median household income below the state average

Nail on the head..  This has more to do with it than anything.  Economics.

I know SETX may not have the wealth (anymore) of some areas of the state.  But there is still wealth here.  I personally don't think it's being utilized. Most of the country's oil is refined here in SETX...so you can't say there isn't money.  I think it's education, and priorities.

1 hour ago, MOSSHILL said:

sad shape of the country we live in ? have you been overseas? have you been exposed to the millions of babies dying yearly in Africa due to malnutrition and disease? I like the country I live in. Hell, I love the country I live in. Naturally, we are all biased toward our cultures. I feel very few people are actually indeed racists. Most rehearse or regurgitate ideas or thoughts from their ancestors, or maybe just grandpa's stories. Racism is hatred and last I checked in order to have been condemned racist, you better have acted upon it and not just made a dumb arse biased remark. If you are under 50 in the southern U.S., you have absolutely NO IDEA what real rascism is about.

I know one thing. You might have the rare all white team (outside of Se Texas) that wins on occasion for multiple reasons (culture, expectation, economy, coaching) but you are much better off being diverse no matter how large or small your community is. That's my two cents.

If you care to re-read, I didn't brand any person a racist.   I discussed racist statements.  I feel bad that we live in a society where people saying "a person of color should get that job" is ok, but saying "a white person should get that job" is a racial atrocity.  Or saying "Blacks don't make good QBs" is racist, but saying "a team can't win unless they have black players" is justified.  The statements are the same. 

It might be rare to find an all-white team that wins on occasion, but it's not hard at all to find hundreds of diverse teams that lose all of the time.  That kinda invalidates the whole "you gotta have black athletes to win" argument.  

Maybe, just maybe our local schools aren't behind and are actually ahead of the curve by not having harmful, cancer causing turf fields for our kids to be exposed to.  Our kids get enough of that living near the refineries. 

Keep Grass Alive!