Houston and Setx falling way behind

Uncle Pig

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

They pitched a bond issue last year in BC that was soundly defeated by the voters.  Needless to say, we still didn't have a PA system at the football stadium this season.  

Beaumont ISD has the superb setup in these parts.  How's that working out for them?

Beaumont has a nice football stadium that yes I'm proud of and proud to have my 5 boys play in over the next several years.  All 3 schools play there.  Now each school has their own campus of course and workout facilities.  I hadn't been in the other 2 lately but I do know Central's is in need of a makeover.  Does that stop the kids from taking pride and putting in work to get better?  No.  Go by there during the school week and see how much work is being put in by the kids and coaches after 3 o'clock, a ton.  There will be no indoor facilities coming this way unless all 3 schools can have it and that's not going to happen.  We may not have the championships "yet" but we have many kids that have obtained D1 or any level of football scholarship without some fancy workout facility...

A few years ago Newton County was one of the poorest counties in Texas. I believe they said it was a  below poverty county. When you are in that shape financially ,you just hold on to the rope and fight through things. Until economic growth comes into our area balancing the    budget will be tough. Our indoor practice will be in the gym. 

On February 12, 2016 at 11:20 PM, MOSSHILL said:

Hardin in whom I love with all my heart has had turf for 8 years, now = Not winning football games.

Just built a new weight room that looks very sharp.

Yes, gym was built poorly in 1994 - did not plan accordingly or perhaps the design engineer just needs to be slapped. The gym itself is PLENTY large enough but the layout is piss poor. No seating capacity.

Either way, that was the previous board who was responsible for that huge mistake.

But facilities are starting to come around very well in Hardin, Texas. Probably top 40-50 ranked losing'est 3A football school in the state of Texas

What we don't have, is what I have been WANTING and saying for 5-6 years now (since I been back in Hardin). "ATHLETES"

In the early 2000's, we had dynamic black athletes. Kids that could really Go........Since 2003, there has been ONE black star in Hardin, America. NOT going to cut it !!!!

It's very obvious to me when we face programs with diversity, WEEK IN and WEEK OUT. Now, we just stepped it up a HUGE notch, thanks to UIL. Hello La Marque, Hitchcock and Hempstead......

We're now in a district where this is mandatory and guess what? My daughters are in elementary and 2 black kids in entire class. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

So, this is a news bulletin to any and every parent in the greater southeast Texas area. We can offer you a great education, great environment, family friendly and loving people. We just need your kids in Hardin......I may be able to talk to a few friends who are plant management on the Hill and we'll see what we can't do to get your son a starting position right away. - This is certainly something I have influence in.  Oh, and a brand new multi-million dollar elementary is set to complete in April of 2017.

Generally speaking to be competitive statewide if you are a team from SETX in 4A down you will need black athletes to compete for the most part. 

On 2/12/2016 at 9:47 PM, Mustangs93 said:

Who is they? Please enlighten us...

I think I have an idea!

He must be referring to "NAVASOTA" cause yes they are coming!!! lol hahaha. I'm sure that's what they meant right?

I know that someone on here would not be silly enough to say that since they were building Low income housing in BC that "African American" players or "BLACKS" were on the way, since it was "LOW INCOME" that "THEY" are coming. If I am not mistaken, there is Low income housing behind the High School campus now and it is full of people that need help and are living there solely based on that and not color so yes he must be referrring to "Navasota"!!!!

On 2/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, Jag Insider said:

Beaumont has a nice football stadium that yes I'm proud of and proud to have my 5 boys play in over the next several years.  All 3 schools play there.  Now each school has their own campus of course and workout facilities.  I hadn't been in the other 2 lately but I do know Central's is in need of a makeover.  Does that stop the kids from taking pride and putting in work to get better?  No.  Go by there during the school week and see how much work is being put in by the kids and coaches after 3 o'clock, a ton.  There will be no indoor facilities coming this way unless all 3 schools can have it and that's not going to happen.  We may not have the championships "yet" but we have many kids that have obtained D1 or any level of football scholarship without some fancy workout facility...

^^^^^THIS!!

On 2/12/2016 at 10:48 AM, Go-rilla said:

Beaumont ISD on campus Facilities are sad to say the least.

Yall should use some of that Money that your employees were stealing and buy some new stuff. OR your Sup who is the highest paid in the State should have some Schools that look like it.

Not really sure about Central or West Brook, but Ozen has some pretty good on campus workout facilities as compared to other workout facilities that I've seen...  PN-G, Silsbee, Crosby, ect...

...and BTW, our superintendent is NOT the highest paid in the state while you're taking an inopportuned moment to throw a jab....

On 2/12/2016 at 10:48 AM, Go-rilla said:

Beaumont ISD on campus Facilities are sad to say the least.

Yall should use some of that Money that your employees were stealing and buy some new stuff. OR your Sup who is the highest paid in the State should have some Schools that look like it.

And please don't tell me you support a  Pasadena school....

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:59 PM, TradenupBH said:

$12 million is what the indoor facility cost. We also have a new scoreboard and sound system being bought. Basketball just bought a new scoreboard and rumor is Nike is about to be part of BH. Getting rid of the ugly uniforms.  Lol

Westerberg is changing that culture. I promise, within 3 years, BH wins that district and makes a deep run.

I don't understand why people get defensive regarding their poor facilities. I think the point of this thread is to bring attention to the fact that the DFW Metroplex is ahead of the Greater Houston Area/SE Texas in terms of facilities.

Looking at the facts, it's irrefutable.

I doubt many of the members of this board would vote against new/better facilities for their respective schools, whether athletic or academic.

30 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I don't understand why people get defensive regarding their poor facilities. I think the point of this thread is to bring attention to the fact that the DFW Metroplex is ahead of the Greater Houston Area/SE Texas in terms of facilities.

Looking at the facts, it's irrefutable.

I doubt many of the members of this board would vote against new/better facilities for their respective schools, whether athletic or academic.

Did I get defensive because of poor facilities or the silly jokes (inaccurate jokes, May I add) being directed at a particular school district?  

2 hours ago, ICEWATER said:

I think I have an idea!

He must be referring to "NAVASOTA" cause yes they are coming!!! lol hahaha. I'm sure that's what they meant right?

I know that someone on here would not be silly enough to say that since they were building Low income housing in BC that "African American" players or "BLACKS" were on the way, since it was "LOW INCOME" that "THEY" are coming. If I am not mistaken, there is Low income housing behind the High School campus now and it is full of people that need help and are living there solely based on that and not color so yes he must be referrring to "Navasota"!!!!

How did you get Navasota from that?

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did I get defensive because of poor facilities or the silly jokes (inaccurate jokes, May I add) being directed at a particular school district?  

Wasn't referring to you or BISD specifically, Soulja

However, trying to defend BISD is like building a house on sinking sand. Hopefully, the new admin rights the ship before long.

50 minutes ago, Rattler99 said:

How did you get Navasota from that?

I figured it would be fun to remind the Cardinals that Navasota is here and ready to play. Just relax its nothing against your Rattlers. Someone said that you needed black players to succeed and the response was that BC was building low income housing and if you build it "THEY" will come so in other words "Blacks" are coming and I guess we only live in Low-Income housing. My joke is that you need to be more worried about Navasota then making crazy comments like that!

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Wasn't referring to you or BISD specifically, Soulja

However, trying to defend BISD is like building a house on sinking sand. Hopefully, the new admin rights the ship before long.

Things have been on the up and up.  New administration has been in place like 3 years and the scum and slime has been slowely scrubbed away.  

14 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Generally speaking to be competitive statewide if you are a team from SETX in 4A down you will need black athletes to compete for the most part. 

This is the football bible for 4a and below in TEXAS ^^^^^^^

When you get to the smaller schools, I do believe you need black athletes and all athletes no matter of color. Some schools have better athletes walking the halls of the schools than on the teams of many sports. The chore for the coaches is to get the best athletes that are a cohesive unit for one purpose no matter of color and that is to win. JMO