Beaumont Ozen 79 Nederland 76/Final

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, bradyb said:

Ozen finest my boy! I think what people are trying to say is English has less talent than Ozen/Central year after year. If you take ozen's top 10, Central's top 10, and Nederland's top 10 and play a street ball tournament... Nederland will not be able to compete. That's with every grade level. Every year English makes those games competitive. That's %100 coaching and the system he runs. You can not sit there and say that is not true. Freshman boys beat Ozen... JV boys beat Ozen... Varsity boys lost to Ozen by 3. If me and you were picking teams out of the top 10 from each team... Mostly Ozen players would be picked before the Nederland players. He competes with less talent. You can't argue with that. 

That's inaccurate.  Nederland JV lost to Ozen JV.  

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Have some of this bitter tea and salty nuts  Honest Abe,5 on 5, Big Show, maybe next year yall can try and be competitive.

What have I said that shows bitterness? I'll wait for the quote. For the record, here is Ned's record Vs. Bmt (Central/Ozen) schools since 2009:

2009 3-1

2010 3-2

2011 4-0

2012 2-3
2013 2-2
2014 2-3
2015 0-4
2016 0-3

"Get your boy Boutte or Saveat to come coach at Nederland and we will see how that works out with State Titles and deep playoff runs?    or go coach at Vidor?"

If ya'll can give me a sufficient answer with logical reasoning, I will somehow try to agree with all the Beaumont posters that try to belittle everything English has done as a coach?

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But 2 questions about this game...  

1. (and I've made gripes about this in the past and no Nederland fan answered). Why was the announcement made for only teams fans to sit behind their benches?  Show can an Ozen fan and a Nederland fan be differentiated?  And the question I asked in the stands, WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!

2.  Why is the #11 Nederland kid that's on JV not on Varsity STARTING.  Kid is a freakish athleat, finishes at the cup, either hand, great dribbles, great first step, and a VERY fiery competitor.  Imo

Still looking for an answer to this one...

32 minutes ago, baddog said:

Funny how some people can go back 9 years to make their point but others are told not to live in the past. Also, very comical how "after" the game is done, the barbs are thrown at the "non-competitive" team.  Lmao.

Amen. As far as I could tell Ned took the loss, congratulated Ozen, and would move on. However, Ozen supporters kept throwing punches. They took personal swings at our coach, then started complaining about our gym seating arrangements and tried to make it racial. Here is the BOTTOM LINE: BMT FANS CANNOT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER BEAT NED BY 30, A SIMPLE WIN TO THEM IS UNACCEPTABLE. SORRY BMT FANS, NED IS UNDER YOUR SKIN AND THATS EXACTLY WHERE WE WILL STAY. Again congrats to Ozen on a hard fought, have to take it to OT, victory over a poor pitiful Ned squad

11 hours ago, Gabe said:

Is someone really questioning the coaching of Brian English? If so, whomever (because I dont' feel like sorting out the who part, is a moron.

He had a Vidor team that beat Ozen TWICE in one year. The Ozen team with Kendrick Perkins on the team if memory serves me correct. Now the job he has done at Nederland is outstanding. I don't know his overall record but ask anyone who knows anything about the local scene and they will agree he is one of the best around. The Bulldogs were in the regional tournament few years ago. 

NO. Vidor beat Ozen twice in district and again in the Nederland Tournament in 2004 AFTER Kendrick graduated.....and Ozen won the district title...again....Stop it..please...SMH

I guess what I don't understand is why a few Ozen fans seem to get their panties in a bunch when English is complimented on the job he's done.  This started with a statement I made about how much the Bulldogs have improved this year.  If you saw them at the start, and have seen them now (and know anything about the game), you really can't argue this fact.  

No one was putting down Saveat.  In fact, he's been consistently complimented in this thread too.  And I know many of you love Boutte (he is routinely brought into these threads especially by one of you), and I have nothing but respect for him.  Clearly he was a heck of a coach.  But it would be like every time his name is invoked, someone pointed out - "well, he is certainly no Bob Hurley or Morgan Wootten."  

We have several outstanding coaches in this area and to praise one is not to deride another. Just wondering what the undercurrent is because some certainly seem to have an agenda where Brian is concerned.  

7 minutes ago, 5 on 5 said:

Amen. As far as I could tell Ned took the loss, congratulated Ozen, and would move on. However, Ozen supporters kept throwing punches. They took personal swings at our coach, then started complaining about our gym seating arrangements and tried to make it racial. Here is the BOTTOM LINE: BMT FANS CANNOT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER BEAT NED BY 30, A SIMPLE WIN TO THEM IS UNACCEPTABLE. SORRY BMT FANS, NED IS UNDER YOUR SKIN AND THATS EXACTLY WHERE WE WILL STAY. Again congrats to Ozen on a hard fought, have to take it to OT, victory over a poor pitiful Ned squad

I did make mention of the seating arrangements, but what does this have to do with complaining or hating?  The racial part did happen.  That was a fact.  But I was just questioning the reasoning behind the seating arrangements...  

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I did make mention of the seating arrangements, but what does this have to do with complaining or hating?  The racial part did happen.  That was a fact.  But I was just questioning the reasoning behind the seating arrangements...  

Here is the simple reason behind the seating. Anyone can sit anywhere they want in our gym. There is one, and only one, exception. It is the seating DIRECTLY behind the benches. This applies to both HOME and VISITOR sides. The seating there literally starts one foot behind the benches, and it is not the best idea to have opposing fans that close, for either team. Wiuldnt you agree?. It is our gym and those are our seating arrangements. If that's not to your liking simply don't come to our gym. Honestly, is the seating that much of an issue?

19 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

NO. Vidor beat Ozen ONCE in district and again in the Nederland Tournament in 2004 AFTER Kendrick graduated.....and Ozen won the district title...again....Stop it..please...SMP

Wrong! Vidor beat Ozen twice in district, once in a tourney. Yes Ozen won district, but Vidor still beat them 3 times that year. 

51 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

What have I said that shows bitterness? I'll wait for the quote. For the record, here is Ned's record Vs. Bmt (Central/Ozen) schools since 2009:

2009 3-1

2010 3-2

2011 4-0

2012 2-3
2013 2-2
2014 2-3
2015 0-4
2016 0-3

For those of you who choose not to count, that's a 16-17 record over the past 8yrs

Until this year, Ned had a winning record-Lol!

It still amazes me that beating a team in district play twice and again in a tourney becomes that program's GREATEST accomplishment....Imagine if Ozen celebrated beating a team three times ONCE, in a particular season, and never beating them again until 5 years later, would look to others...Pretty crazy, huh? Just a thought.

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am thinking he is ineligible to play varsity (transfer). Could be wrong though.

He is a transfer from PA but he was with Nederland last year as a freshman. 

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ohh, ok.  That may be the case, because that kid is an animal.

I have thought the same thing even watching him last year. He just plays a little wild sometimes. Heck of a true PG though. 

33 minutes ago, Honest Abe said:

For those of you who choose not to count, that's a 16-17 record over the past 8yrs

Until this year, Ned had a winning record-Lol!

FFor the record,, Ned was 0-24 before English arrived in Nederland. Since then 16-17. 

But you haters are right, English is just a pretty average coach  nothing special about him  

Haters don't care for FACTS, so keep hating!

33 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

It still amazes me that beating a team in district play twice and again in a tourney becomes that program's GREATEST accomplishment....Imagine if Ozen celebrated beating a team three times ONCE, in a particular season, and never beating them again until 5 years later, would look to others...Pretty crazy, huh? Just a thought.

You referring to Vidor??

26 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

He is a transfer from PA but he was with Nederland last year as a freshman. 

I have thought the same thing even watching him last year. He just plays a little wild sometimes. Heck of a true PG though. 

Last night was an anomaly. He was playing out of his mind. Usually doesn't play at that level. Hope he continues to improve. Not Varsity ready until he shows consistency. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I guess what I don't understand is why a few Ozen fans seem to get their panties in a bunch when English is complimented on the job he's done.  This started with a statement I made about how much the Bulldogs have improved this year.  If you saw them at the start, and have seen them now (and know anything about the game), you really can't argue this fact.  

No one was putting down Saveat.  In fact, he's been consistently complimented in this thread too.  And I know many of you love Boutte (he is routinely brought into these threads especially by one of you), and I have nothing but respect for him.  Clearly he was a heck of a coach.  But it would be like every time his name is invoked, someone pointed out - "well, he is certainly no Bob Hurley or Morgan Wootten."  

We have several outstanding coaches in this area and to praise one is not to deride another. Just wondering what the undercurrent is because some certainly seem to have an agenda where Brian is concerned.  

When comparing Boutte to Bob Hurley or Morgan Wootten, their talent level is far more superior...combined they coached over 30 McDonald's All Americans...not a good comparison...Coach Boutte won nearly 600 games in less the time...And they recruit on a National level...that don't make them better...

10 minutes ago, show me love said:

When comparing Boutte to Bob Hurley or Morgan Wootten, their talent level is far more superior...combined they coached over 30 McDonald's All Americans...not a good comparison...Coach Boutte won nearly 600 games in less the time...And they recruit on a National level...that don't make them better...

Although you unintentionally made my point for me, I will use another name that ccs invoked in another thread.  Cotton Robinson.  More titles so he must have been better.  You guys just can't help yourselves...