Coaches grant Thomas request to go for win

AggiesAreWe

Definitely risky.  And I admit I probably would have been cussing if it didn't work. However, in hindsight I think it was well worth the risk.  Our defense had spent all night on the field.  Those running backs to full advantage of that in the second half.  We also had them reeling from that TD.  That may well have been our best chance for the win.

Definitely risky.  And I admit I probably would have been cussing if it didn't work. However, in hindsight I think it was well worth the risk.  Our defense had spent all night on the field.  Those running backs to full advantage of that in the second half.  We also had them reeling from that TD.  That may well have been our best chance for the win.

You made some great points.  I'm proud of those Tigers.  Just be nice next game to kick & hi-five lol.  

you will either be a hero or a goat when you take these chances.....

Yea, from the sound of the formation, Central tried the same thing in the CE King game on a 4th and 1 to ice the game and we all know how that ended...

Congratulations Tigers and good luck Saturday.

Edited by Jag Insider

Yea, from the sound of the formation, Central tried the same thing in the CE King game on a 4th and 1 to ice the game and we all know how that ended...

Congratulations Tigers and good luck Saturday.

think it is a bad thing for the coaches to say they let him make that decision.

what happens next time they go for 2 and don't get it. everybody is going to assume the kid made the decision again.

think it is a bad thing for the coaches to say they let him make that decision.

what happens next time they go for 2 and don't get it. everybody is going to assume the kid made the decision again.

um it was a coaching decision. HC has final say. 

You just scored a TD with no time left on the clock and are down by one. You just drove 75 yards in one minute and ten seconds. The receiver who caught the ball was blanket covered and just out jumped the defender and caught the ball by his finger tips. You have one of the best offensive teams in the area. You don't put your season on the line kick an extra point. You put your season in the hands of that offense. If they make it (which we did) great, if we didn't I'm ok with that too. If we didn't make it I would feel better knowing our offense got stopped and not that we missed an extra point. We made it so on to the State Quarterfinals. Tiger Nation!!! Go Tigers!!!

You just scored a TD with no time left on the clock and are down by one. You just drove 75 yards in one minute and ten seconds. The receiver who caught the ball was blanket covered and just out jumped the defender and caught the ball by his finger tips. You have one of the best offensive teams in the area. You don't put your season on the line kick an extra point. You put your season in the hands of that offense. If they make it (which we did) great, if we didn't I'm ok with that too. If we didn't make it I would feel better knowing our offense got stopped and not that we missed an extra point. We made it so on to the State Quarterfinals. Tiger Nation!!! Go Tigers!!!

BTW, Sir.  When will I be getting my hearing aid that you caused me to need with your call on that touchdown! ;)

exactly only thing you might add to that is if we went to ot we had a defense that had been on the field almost twice as long as our opponent.  I said it before in the moment if it didn't work yes I would have been questioning the call but it was really the only call to make!

I thought that call was s bad decision,  in the warm ups and if I remember correctly we struggled kicking all night. In the warm ups extra points were missing almost to the corners of the end zone.  It was wet.  

I remember not being able to stop navasota on that last drive and at one point hollering to just let them score to give Jeremy a chance at another big play.  We were out of time outs.  About the same time Navasota started kneeling!

It took some stones that is for sure. The best part is the coaching staff having that much confidence in the kid. In the end it would have been held against the coach if they would not have got the 2 pointer. 

The Tigers are playing with a ton of confidence right now and those types of teams are the hardest to stop sometimes.