Dallardsville Big Sandy 88 Goodrich 17/Final

WOSgrad

What???? No negative comments about a 71 point blowout? Or the point spread goes unquestioned?  Wow, I guess that only happens if one unnamed school in the area wins that big. Talk about double standards...... ( nothing against Big Sandy. I completely understand the fact that they are trying to maintain a high level of play regardless of competition level. I just feel that ALL schools that do so ought to be respected ss such and not just a couple or few.

What???? No negative comments about a 71 point blowout? Or the point spread goes unquestioned?  Wow, I guess that only happens if one unnamed school in the area wins that big. Talk about double standards...... ( nothing against Big Sandy. I completely understand the fact that they are trying to maintain a high level of play regardless of competition level. I just feel that ALL schools that do so ought to be respected ss such and not just a couple or few.

Starters prolly didn't play a full half and had a running clock in 4th qtr.  It could have been a lot worse if not for the sportsmanship of Coach Foster.  We could have easily scored over 100, as was the case last year in many games, but Coach would not allow it.  

As far as what I read on the game you are talking about, there was one comment about that.  Nobody blasted them about that.  Don't understand what are referring to. Guess I did not read that thread in the same context as you.

See thats the problem i have when teams who are obviously well coached and better talent wise have to scale back their high level of play for fear of some folks saying it was unnecessary for them to run the score up. So i take my starters out and play my bench and im sure those kids want to play and prove why they are there but because the other team is less talented i have to tell them hold back. Whether unintentional or intentional you can never win this argument because there are unrealistic people who feel everyone gets a trophy. Guess we should tell our kids in the classroom to hold back because they make higher grades than some of their classmates. If the classroom isnt competitive then why have class rankings,gpa's,salutatorians & valedictorians. Jmo and not asking anyone to agree... 

I have no issue with any team scoring whenever they can, regardless of the score.  If you are blowing someone out and playing your bench players, it is not fair to them to let them have a chance to get buckets. 

The one issue I have is when teams continue to press with a 40, 50, 60 point lead or more.  Just my opinion but I think a coach should at that point call off the press and have your kids play defense in a half court set, which also you have to score in a half court offense instead of off layups from pressing.  Eventually, no matter how good your press, you are going to run into someone who plays you out of your press and you are going to have to find a way to win in the half court game anyway.  Just my 2 cents. 

The problem with Big Sandy is they shoot it so much better than anyone else, unless they just hold the ball, you can't stop the points from going up.  And that is worse for the other team because then they get no possessions to work on their offense.  And Foster is as quick as anyone in emptying his bench. It's just that even his bench can shoot it. 

I have no issue with any team scoring whenever they can, regardless of the score.  If you are blowing someone out and playing your bench players, it is not fair to them to let them have a chance to get buckets. 

The one issue I have is when teams continue to press with a 40, 50, 60 point lead or more.  Just my opinion but I think a coach should at that point call off the press and have your kids play defense in a half court set, which also you have to score in a half court offense instead of off layups from pressing.  Eventually, no matter how good your press, you are going to run into someone who plays you out of your press and you are going to have to find a way to win in the half court game anyway.  Just my 2 cents. 

I'm just a new fan, but I agree.  My G'daughters coach will stop the press at half when game out of hand. 

On the comment on 71 pt blowout, I've watched BS scores the last couple of years, and am confident they avoid running the score up.  Just around here at least, imo, some schools/towns love/push basketball but many treat it like an intramural sport.  

Edited by REBgp