3.    Calvert, 6-0, 89, 3, 10/10 vs. Crowell

4.    Iola, 4-1, 68, 4, 10/9 vs. Evadale

5.    Joaquin, 4-1, 63, 5, 10/9 vs. #1 Shelbyville

6.    Beckville, 5-0, 59, 6, 10/9 at #7 Cushing

7.    Cushing, 4-1, 42, 7, 10/9 vs. #6 Beckville

8.    Chester, 6-0, 36, 8, 10/17 vs. High Island

9.    West Sabine, 3-2, 22, 9, 10/9 vs. San Augustine

10.  Beaumont Legacy Christian, 4-1, 18, 10, 10/9 vs. Magnolia Legacy Prep

prepballfan, when they talk more about your school than they do about theirs, they are actually a closet fan.

So I talk so much about Crosby like "they're unbeatable" or like "logic doesn't apply to them" or like "they just got good", etc., etc . . . But I talk more about PNG than Crosby?

I'm just saying logical things like I always do. La Porte's only loss is to The Woodlands, who might be the 6A-D1 region 2 champs. The Woodlands only loss is by 7 points to Katy who's #2 in 6A. PNG lost to a WOS team two classes below them. I could sort of understand leaving PNG up there if WOS wasn't subsequently rolled by the other 5A team they played. La Porte would probably beat WOS and PNG by at least 40 this year, yet PNG is ahead of them after being beaten by WOS?

I know they're just rankings and don't really matter but I have 11 days until we play Dayton to pick things apart.

So I talk so much about Crosby like "they're unbeatable" or like "logic doesn't apply to them" or like "they just got good", etc., etc . . . But I talk more about PNG than Crosby?

I'm just saying logical things like I always do. La Porte's only loss is to The Woodlands, who might be the 6A-D1 region 2 champs. The Woodlands only loss is by 7 points to Katy who's #2 in 6A. PNG lost to a WOS team two classes below them. I could sort of understand leaving PNG up there if WOS wasn't subsequently rolled by the other 5A team they played. La Porte would probably beat WOS and PNG by at least 40 this year, yet PNG is ahead of them after being beaten by WOS?

I know they're just rankings and don't really matter but I have 11 days until we play Dayton to pick things apart.

You have a great point you do talk alot about Crosby.  I am cool with that.  I would not expect anything different

Edited by prepballfan

LOL...  woohoo..  So LaPorte got shutout 0-21 by the Woodlands.  Just because they played them doesn't automatically make them all that.  Who have they actually beaten?  A 3-3 Deer Park team by 3 points?  I could complain about EC being ranked ahead of WOS but what's the point?  it's just a stupid ranking made from 11 people's own opinions.  Would EC beat WOS? EC's opponents are a combined 9-17 with only 4-2 Hamshire-Fannett having a winning record and 5 out of 6 of the WOS opponents are MUCH larger schools with a combined 18-15 record and WOS isn't actually that much larger of a school than EC anymore. Chill.  It'll all work itself out after Thanksgiving.

Edited by Goblin

Guest ECBucFan

I could complain about EC being ranked ahead of WOS but what's the point?  it's just a stupid ranking made from 11 people's own opinions.  Would EC beat WOS? EC's opponents are a combined 9-17 with only 4-2 Hamshire-Fannett having a winning record and 5 out of 6 of the WOS opponents are MUCH larger schools with a combined 18-15 record and WOS isn't actually that much larger of a school than EC anymore. 

Sounds like you ARE complaining. Yes WOS would "probably" beat EC, but they would definitely know they were in a game. If WOS keeps shrinking like it has been the last 20 years, you won't have to wonder much longer. 

LOL...  woohoo..  So LaPorte got shutout 0-21 by the Woodlands.  Just because they played them doesn't automatically make them all that.  Who have they actually beaten?  A 3-3 Deer Park team by 3 points?  I could complain about EC being ranked ahead of WOS but what's the point?  it's just a stupid ranking made from 11 people's own opinions.  Would EC beat WOS? EC's opponents are a combined 9-17 with only 4-2 Hamshire-Fannett having a winning record and 5 out of 6 of the WOS opponents are MUCH larger schools with a combined 18-15 record and WOS isn't actually that much larger of a school than EC anymore. Chill.  It'll all work itself out after Thanksgiving.

Stupid ranking?

This is the hidden content, please

You know.  When I first saw your post, I saw it just as your ritual of taking a shot at WO-S and PN-G.  I mean, why else would the supporter of a school whose football team was ranked at the top of it's respective poll be griping about two teams that they won't even play this season and according to his analysis, one that they shouldn't even waste their time playing?

Well, I must say though, after his post I decided to dig again into the records of the top teams in our 6A/5A poll. Now, many who seen my posts here know that I am not afraid of admitting to a mistake when I make it and it appears that when it comes to the 6A/5A poll I may have made one.  I'll consult with my fellow admin, AggiesAreWe, and if we deem it appropriate, I'll address it tomorrow night on the SETXsports Weeky Preview Show.

They've beaten everyone on their schedule except one team. Yes, they got shutout 21-0 by The Woodlands. The Woodlands lost 14-7 to Katy, which was the ONLY touchdown Katy has given up ALL year! Katy's average score for the rest for the rest of their games has been 49-0.75. That should tell you how good the Woodlands is, who actually beat Katy last year.

When you look at a team that's probably top 5 in the nation like Katy, and say against a common opponent La Porte only had a 14 point difference in scoring margin that says a lot. Especially considering The Woodlands just rung up an undefeated Atascosita by 22 points. Deer Park also has twice the enrollment as La Porte and is their rival game, the game was 27-10 with 6 mins left so the performance was a little more dominant than the score shows.